[Poll] How would you rate episode 609?

How would you rate episode 609?  

698 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Im giving this a 10. Isolated, this episode is awesome. And as someone else mentioned, the most exciting Ive seen since the last episode of s1 true detective.

What still buggs me is that the story have been twisted and shaped into something I didnt expect over the course of the season. A lot of plotlines and motivations isnt particullary realistic anymore, and it keeps this episode from reaching the hight that it could have.

I gave it a 9/10, but probably more like a 9.5/10. So many things were done right and the whole battle was just awesome and real. Riders of Rohan arriving in the nick of time was a little bit cliche, but that's just a minor complaint. 
Ramsay's death was extremely satisfying, and the way the whole episode was filmed is just spot on. I also really liked the scenes in Mereen. For me this was one of the best GoT episodes to date.

Also, the people who gave this episode a 1...are you trolling or what? Even if you don't like battles or the plot, you could atleast give some points for the way it was filmed....

1 minute ago, TwiceBorn said:

I've seen some bad writing, filming and acting in my life but this is the worst thing I've ever seen.

You're not totally wrong. Used to better than other tv. Now it's just more expensive. Got goosebumps at one point though, my flesh betrays me.

5 minutes ago, Thoros of beer said:

Also, the people who gave this episode a 1...are you trolling or what? Even if you don't like battles or the plot, you could atleast give some points for the way it was filmed....

Sorry, I'm not going to give some points to something that I found nonsensical, manipulative, appalling, and offensive no matter how it was filmed. I could say to all the people who voted a 10...Are you trolling or what? At least take off some points for the obviously blatant flaws throughout the entire episode, but it is their right to vote how they want.

I gave it an 8. I'm really getting to the point where I can't stand the Mereen storyline. Especially sick of the way Daenerys just seems to cruise through everything with little to no difficulty. Plus, even if they'd heard that Rhaegal and Viserion were in chains, why didn't the slavers prepare a fleet that wasn't totally defenseless against dragons? If I was them, I sure as hell wouldn't want to take my chances that none of them would be released or turn up during the battle. I'm not sure I'd call it a plothole per se but it seems kind of stupid to me.

The battle was awesome despite Jon losing his senses. I thought Sansa was great in this as well. I think Sophie Turner is starting to give me a thing for red heads.

Edited by Stonelands

2 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

Sorry, I'm not going to give some points to something that I found nonsensical, manipulative, appalling, and offensive no matter how it was filmed. I could say to all the people who voted a 10...Are you trolling or what? At least take off some points for the obviously blatant flaws throughout the entire episode, but it is their right to vote how they want.

Yes, you're right, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But I would give a 1/10 only if I'd rather watch an hour of gospel singing than GoT, in which case I would've stopped watching the show a long time ago.

28 minutes ago, Thoros of beer said:

I cannot because it looks totally fake.

I'm not a snuff movie enthusiast so showing pointless exaggerated violence has no value to me.

16 minutes ago, Thoros of beer said:

Yes, you're right, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But I would give a 1/10 only if I'd rather watch an hour of gospel singing than GoT, in which case I would've stopped watching the show a long time ago.

Well, I would rather give an hour of gospel singing a 10, than to give this episode above a 1.

Pros: Ramsays death by his own hounds and the gritty style of the battle

Cons: No tension due to predictability and the obvious plot armor of the protagonists, melodrama, Rickon killed for shocks only, whatever Sansa was doing

Barely a passing grade: 2/10

7 hours ago, Frejac said:

I don't know how to rate this yet.

On the one hand, as an episode by itself, I want to give it a 10 because of the excitement and tension that I felt while watching it.

On the other, as an episode in the context of the rest of the season, I want to give it a 1 because we once again had Sansa saying they needed a bigger army without mentioning she had the Vale and then showing up as the savior with Littlefinger after letting so many of what was supposed to be her army die.

I agree. Sansa really pissed me off. Rip rickon and wun wun.x

31 minutes ago, TwiceBorn said:

I cannot because it looks totally fake.

I'm not a snuff movie enthusiast so showing pointless exaggerated violence has no value to me.

In my opinion it looked more realistic than 90% of movie battles. Where most movies have these 1 vs 1 battles and honourable fight scenes, this showed us chaos, which I think is way more realistic. And well, you can expect exaggerated violence when you're watching a battle. 

32 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

Well, I would rather give an hour of gospel singing a 10, than to give this episode above a 1.

Haha this leads nowhere...I guess some people are just hard to please and that's fine.

5 hours ago, Barristan Whitebeard said:

LOL, anyone giving this episode an 1/10 needs to seriously reevaluate some things in his life.

This. I don't usually ask or care why someone else votes the way they do but with so many 10/10 votes I have to wonder why do the people that voted 1/10 even watch the show? 

21 minutes ago, Thoros of beer said:

Haha this leads nowhere...I guess some people are just hard to please and that's fine.

On the contrary, I could be very forgiving of a lot of flaws in a show if I felt the the people making the show had the slightest interest in at least attempting to write a cohesive story, instead of throwing all logic and rules of good story telling out the window in the name of cheap and shocking spectacle.

I can't really fault d$d for this approach though, as the results of this poll proves, their tactics do work.

Edited by Darkstream

24 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

This. I don't usually ask or care why someone else votes the way they do but with so many 10/10 votes I have to wonder why do the people that voted 1/10 even watch the show? 

If you are genuinely interested in an answer to that question, you are welcome to read a post of mine, about the twelfth one down in my history that fully explains why I still watch the show. It's the one in the Criticize thread that starts with "Ughhh"; 

Edited by Darkstream

Just now, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Well, I think it's hard to argue that the camera work wasn't extremely good.

The problem, in my opinion, is that however good it looked, that doesn't make up for the bad writing and plot induced stupidity. Admittedly, that's not been exclusive to this episode - it has, after all, been going on all season - but prolonging bad writing and stupidity doesn't make it any better, it just makes things worse, and a lot of it, especially in the North, came to a head in this episode.