[Poll] How would you rate episode 609?

How would you rate episode 609?  

698 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

4 minutes ago, David Selig said:

This one didn't deserve 10 either. The WF battle was really well shot and edited, but everything else was terrible.

In your opinion. Not the other 100 plus people who said it does deserve a 10.

3 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

Well the problem with this argument is that Got is an adaption of my favorite story of all time. If I didn't have a strong emotional connection to the source material, I wouldn't still watch it. In your analogy, broccoli would be my favorite food, it's just that d$d are terrible chefs, and keep ruining something that I do love.

So stop eating their food and stop criticizing people who like their food.

12 minutes ago, King Louis II (KLII) said:

Everybody is entitled to their opinion and we should respect it.  However I think that a good sense is to look at the average of the votes. I think it was not by chance that "No One" received the worst scores of the season (I made the averages for all episodes) with an average of 5.4 (total votes 443 when I calculated). "Battle of the Bastards will be higher than 8, and will be easily the one that received the best scores. Again, not chance.

By the way those were the averages from episode 1 to 8:

5.6 7.4 6.2 7.3 7.8 6.6 6.7 5.4

Well I guess that I am the average viewer because those votes line up very close to mine. I think if you round up half and round down half of those it matches me week for week.

I am beige

I give this one a solid 10/10 grade, cause it was awesome! This is one of the best pieces of TV I`ve watched recently, it was damn good. I know that there were without a shadow of a doubt some plot holes, but the atmosphere was quite realistic for an upcomming battle - we saw some great deal of strategy discussions, Jon being worried about the outcome of the battle, Sansa being...a cunt as usual, dumb ass as fock, Mel being all weird and kissin Rhlor`s butt as always.

There was a good quantity of TV drama in this episode. Fisrt I wanna praise the decisioon of D&D to stop the lock-out of Danny, cause know she finally has no option than to come to Westeros and take her place as the rightful heir of the Realm and sit on the Iron throne and rule as she has been ment to be. I was disgusted by the attraction she and Yara showed both for each other, but I can live with that. Theon seems very humble still, but there is hope for him. I think he and Tyrion are gonna make one pair of good ol buddies once the Imp gets the info that Theon doesn`t have a cock device, in other words - that his snake has been atrociously cut off. We all know that Tyrion has a special place in his heart for cripples, bastards and broken things.

The dragons were great and I really enjoyed the scene. They burned those assholes to the ground and Danny starts to look more and more lioke a mad version of a Targaryen. I like it.

The BoB was pretty damn good. It had drama. I expected Rickon to get killed but they made his dead on-screen and it actually meant smth, which I can not say for Bkackfish, even though he deserved it. Jon for a moment I thought was dead, so there was some suspense, I think. The end of Ramsay was dellicious. I enjoyed his fall. Great episode.

7 minutes ago, dbunting said:

So stop eating their food and stop criticizing people who like their food.

when did I ever criticize anyone at all? Maybe you should actually read my posts before you start making false accusations towards me.

You might also want to follow your own advise that you give to other people, and ignore the posts that upset you to the point that you are rude to other people for the simple fact that they have a differing opinion then you.

Edited by Darkstream

5 minutes ago, dbunting said:

But that's what I think is better about the show. When they were asking the northern houses for help, the houses weren't all rah rah Starks. They told them like it was, we followed you and we died. Robb betrayed us, Boltons helped us get our house back etc..

I will have to reserve judgement on how the Sansa Jon thing plays out, not happy with how the show is doing this so far.

Except the show was inconsistent with this as well. The Glovers don't join the Starks because Robb betrayed them, yet they fail to remember Roose betraying them first. The whole reason Robett was captured and put in Harrenhal was because of Roose's failure and betrayal. Not to mention the Red Wedding.

11 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I think a better analogy is the place that once was your favorite restaurant.  It's not as good at is used to be, but every once in a while you still get a great side or dessert, so you keep coming back trying to recapture the old magic and are almost always disappointed.  Or, that of a dysfunctional relationship...once you're in...it can be hard to detox out of it.

Personally I'd still watch it if it wasn't an adaptation of a good story. I'm a fucking nerd, I'll watch anything with Dragons or Zombies in it. I've seen every episode of TWD. Scratch that, I've seen every episode of Falling Skies. Scratch that, I've seen the Dungeons & Dragons movies.

The difference is, if it wasn't an adaptation of a much better story it wouldn't be worth analyzing or talking about.

Edited by Facebookless Man

So as a battle this was a great battle sequence (two great battle sequences actually!) It was a lot better directed than Hardhome imo, this had a nice balance of smoother combat scenes like the one shot at the beginning of the battle, and more chaotic fighting. The scene with Jon nearly being trampled to death captured the claustrophobia of what that would be like brilliantly. The carnage didn't seem gratuitous to me as it often does in the show - it was a realistic look at just how horrific such a battle would be. The piles of bodies made for a haunting image. Seeing Ramsay get his comeuppance was very cathartic. 

But as a piece in the narrative this was not a great episode. The progression of the battle was cliche - they fight, they're losing, then the cavalry arrives and they win, with a one on one confrontation between the hero and the villain as a coda. We even get a little rip off of the black gates of mordor. It feels like an unearned battle as well. If Sansa had just told Jon that LF was coming, they could have waited just a little while and the battle would have been won with minimal losses. It's a huge plot hole. I hate hate hate plots which hinge on miscommunication where there is no reason for characters to not communicate. I saw someone arguing in another forum that Sansa didn't want to risk Jon turning down LF's help...but Jon is desperate enough to accept almost anyone's help. And does he even know about LF? We also hadn't seen Ramsay for a few episodes which I think lessened the impact - there wasn't the build up to the battle that we had for the Wall and the Blackwater. Plus there was no reason given for why they had to attack now. 

So as a contextless battle it's fun to watch (and even then cliche) but in the greater scope this is nothing special.

It was not a perfect episode, but it was better than everything we've seen this season.The quality is inconsistent in the show and that bothers me. Each season we get a good episode and some amazing small scenes, but the rest is only filler. Sadly, the filler and set-up scenes are almost always poorly done. Don't get me wrong, I found this episode entertaining, but I wish the quality of the other episodes would have been better.

Mereen hasn't been so good in ages.For seasons, to me at least, Mereen has been the weakest point of the show. Greyworm was finally part of a decent scene. Tyrion was good too. I liked that he remembered the old Theon. Some people love Daenerys, others hate her. I am neutral towards her, I do not love her, nor do I hate her.

I really enjoyed seeing all the dragons firing up the ships. The CGI was good. The moment I saw Viseryon and Rhaegal join Drogon made my heart flutter because I love those winged beasts and it's been so long since we've seen all 3 of them together. Silly question: Does Dany control all her dragons now? Does that mean they don't need riders? Or is it that they actually followed Drogon kind of like a pack following the alpha?

I've seen people complain about the Yara-Dany bonding. I was not bothered by it. I am probably part of the few who actually liked it. Thinking about it, Dany showing admiration towards another westerosi female in a position of power, did not seem an odd thing to me.

I was quite glad Yara and Theon reached Mereen. Yes, there might be a problem with how fast people move from one place to another, but with the show coming to an end, do they really have the time for lengthy journeys? They could have edited the scenes differently, putting the Ironborn scenes earlier in the season, I guess.

The Battle at Winterfell was beautifully shot and the music was exquisite. They managed to capture the tension and desperation of  the whole scene. The clashing of the armies, the way the horses crashed into one another, men falling down and screaming in pain around Jon gave a surreal feel to the scene.However nothing was unpredictable because I have spoiled myself with leaks months before season 6 even started.

Loved Lady Lyanna's stern face. That little she-bear was not impressed with Ramsay.

Jon failed to follow his own plan, fell into Ramsay's trap and then lost his shit and charged into battle before his army even made a move. He acted on impulse, not paying too much thought on the situation. He acted like he had a touch of  wild wolf's blood. It made me think of Brandon and Lyanna Stark.

Sansa was right in everything she said: Ramsay played Jon like a fiddle, he trapped and butchered his army and killed Rickon. I still don't know why she kept the Vale army a secret. was it because she thought LF would not come in time or at all? I am hoping we get more insight into her motives next episode. For now, it seems like a dick move, that led many of their men to a certain death. She did have an odd look on her face when she saw Jon running after Ramsay. I like to think it was annoyance over Ramsay running and worry of what could happen to Jon who was already injured and battered from the battle. I did like her smile after Ramsay became food to his own dogs.

Wun Wun died. That was sad.

Nitpicks: 

-Where was Ghost? We could have had at least a glimpse of him before the battle.

-Who runs in a straight line while knowing someone is firing arrows at him? Why not running in zig-zag?

-With so much emphasis on Mel bringing Jon to life and him knowing what the afterlife is like, why  didn't they even bother with Rickon? Why sending his body to the crypts straightaway without even trying to bring him back?

5 minutes ago, Facebookless Man said:

Personally I'd still watch it if it wasn't an adaptation of a good story. I'm a fucking nerd, I'll watch anything with Dragons or Zombies in it. I've seen every episode of TWD. Scratch that, I've seen every episode of Falling Skies. Scratch that, I've seen the Dungeons & Dragons movies.

The difference is, if it wasn't an adaptation of a much better story it wouldn't be worth analyzing or talking about.

:lol: 

I would add that the shows that you mentioned are not presented as a gritty and realistic adult drama, which is praised for this characteristic, and simply does not hold up to that claim anymore. Not to mention the acclaim Got receives for the aspects of the show that are clearly not deserving.

23 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

when did I ever criticize anyone at all? Maybe you should actually read my posts before you start making false accusations towards me.

You might also want to follow your own advise that you give to other people, and ignore the posts that upset you to the point that you are rude to other people for the simple fact that they have a differing opinion then you.

Yep, I think I was referring to the wrong person, was getting a lot of quotes at the same time, I honestly apologize.

I am referring to people who week in and week out criticize and question me and others for liking the show and try to show us how bad it is and why we are sheep or something similar for liking it. My bad habit is I get sucked in to debates on Monday and Tuesday before I remember it doesn't really matter.

The worst thing for me is that I only have one more episode this year to enjoy. 

I guess the show now has the same target audience as Transformers. It got big enough anyway. It has to find the lowest common denominator. Just have big visuals and nothing else matters. Doesn't need to have coherent internal logic or good dialogues. How can this be the best episode evaah when in every scene you get pulled out of immersion thinking why the fuck would he do/say that in his position. 

But hey it had Dragooons and Ramsay died so 100/10. smh

I wanted to remark on that beautiful filming of Davos, holding the stag carving, on that small hill, with the sunrise behind him, his cloak blowing in the breeze - just beautifully done. I have not rated the episode yet, and it won't be a 10, but I did think that shot to be utterly gorgeous, almost painterly, for a television program. 

Edited by lakin1013

4 minutes ago, lakin1013 said:

I wanted to remark on that beautiful filming of Davos, holding the stag carving, on that small hill, with the sunrise behind him, his cloak blowing in the breeze - just beautifully done. I have not rated the episode yet, and it won't be a 10, but I did think that shot to be utterly gorgeous, almost painterly, for a television program. 

This I can't fault. I am on record for thinking that the writing is really terrible, but the filming, the scenery, the sets, the costume...man, really, really awesome. The scene that you point out with Davos finding the charred remains of the stag carving at Shireen's pyre was really awesome.

My first 10/10. First Three Starkes in the same place since..... Season 2? Ramsey got what he deserved, Sansa watched in enjoyment. The battle and from a soldiers perspective was, different. Them damn dragons!!! Slave masters got the business, and them damn dragons!!! Its about time.

The best episode and finally with a happy damn ending.... for now.

A 9. Really good, I did enjoy it :) Jon punching Ramsay was very satisfying.

I have nothing particular to rant right now, but I'll probably find something in a rewatch XD

Edited by Baltan