[Poll] How would you rate episode 609?

How would you rate episode 609?  

698 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I feel bad for those that continue to tune in every week and hate it. When Weeds got bad imo after Season 3, guess what I did? I turned it off. I never watched an episode again. Now I know Weeds doesn't have a bunch of books and fandom like ASOIAF does,but stop frustrating yourself and tune out at this point.

There are obvious issues with the show and I point them out. I try my best to not let it get to me. I feel bad for those that need to cry about there being no snow on the ground in Winterfell for example. Some people are just miserable. For those that rated it a 1, I am sorry that you felt that way. If you watch every week and rate it a 1, perhaps you should watch another show.

17 hours ago, Fredwin said:

First half almost flawless. The BotB was filmed extremely well, I mean it was really well shot. Good action, good pacing, tense. It was just the concept of it that was ridiculous. Armies don't fight like that, and why pretend there are 8-9 thousand men there when they show a wide shot of maybe a couple thousand? It's a total nitpick but I hate seeing lost opportunities like that. 

Anyhow. Finished with a 9 for me.

I completely agree. It was one thing that I picked up on immediately that kind of ruined the experience for me really. They really  must take their audience for fools. Also.... makeup on Ramsey post Snow beating. They could spend 8 hours on makeup per side character (cotf) yet, they couldn't make ramsey's face look swollen after getting severely beaten? I just don't understand these ridiculous decisions. How can you do something like Hardholme so perfectly and get little things like this wrong?

5 minutes ago, Gargarax said:

Thanks for being insulting as a reply, I always appreciate that. There are many bloody well written reviews that justify even 1/10 ratings. It is simply arrogant to claim that you can't give a rating like that, when people who vote low are doing a very good job at justifying that rating when most 10/10 voters don't. You can think people who hate the show should stop watching it as much as you like. It's an opinion you are entiteld to. There is nothing that supports this opinion enough to make it into an argument, though. You misunderstood the Trump analogy (which I admit isn't great). It's a question of participating in an important discourse, which is always legitimateand important, no matter your opinion. I agree you don't do that by rating, but most people who give low ratings make good arguments.

Can we just leave it? All I did was call out people who insult other people who give low ratings. That is stupid, and there is simply no question about that.

Fair enough Gargarax.  If your saying we are all entitled to our opinion, I mean it's hard to disagree with that surely.  

I gave last week a 2/10 for the record.  And explained my reasons for that.  This week gave it a 9.  I'm not sure how THIS episode gets a 1/10.  I'm going to call that bizarre every day of the week and those people need to stop watching immediately, go out and enjoy life because something is clearly wrong here.  

1 minute ago, HellasLEAF said:

Fair enough Gargarax.  If your saying we are all entitled to our opinion, I mean it's hard to disagree with that surely.  

I gave last week a 2/10 for the record.  And explained my reasons for that.  This week gave it a 9.  I'm not sure how THIS episode gets a 1/10.  I'm going to call that bizarre every day of the week and those people need to stop watching immediately, go out and enjoy life because something is clearly wrong here.  

Good for you. I could write you pages justifying my 2/10 rating. You wouldn't read it. You've made up your mind. Other people's opinions are bizzare. I usually choose the other path. I read what other people think, because I not only respect their opinion, I'm interested in them. Try it - it usually is very interesting. Or you can continue to think that you just know it better. Works for me.

6 minutes ago, HellasLEAF said:

What makes this episode better? You think senseless battle scenes are automatically worthy of high praise, you're pretty much making the critic's point for them.

Edited by Facebookless Man

3 minutes ago, Gargarax said:

Good for you. I could write you pages justifying my 2/10 rating. You wouldn't read it. You've made up your mind. Other people's opinions are bizzare. I usually choose the other path. I read what other people think, because I not only respect their opinion, I'm interested in them. Try it - it usually is very interesting. Or you can continue to think that you just know it better. Works for me.

They never have an actual opinion on the show though. Every single week it's the same thing. Show critics criticize the show, show lovers insult the critics. The R+R thread is 50 pages of lengthy arguments, the positive thread is two pages of squeals of joy.

Edited by Facebookless Man

OK, this is becoming ridiculous with all the book purists and haters. It is like LOTR movie trilogy all over again. We must never forget that these are two different mediums and what works in a book does not necessary work on screen. As somewhat book purists myself (and even if I wanted most, if not all of the things to happened like the in the books) I was more than happy with some of the changes. I even wanted Aragorn to face off Sauron at the Black Gates, like it was the original intention of Peter Jackson and that was not even in the books, trust me I know. Do you know about the 7 endings of “The Return of the King”? It was something that made me extremely happy, but lets be honest, it did not work on screen. But enough with other franchises. Do you remember the Blackwater Battle? Imagine what would have happened if it was like it was described in the books with things happening off-screen.

This episode was fracking EPIC, speaking only for myself and in my humble opinion one of the best episodes in the series.

To all those who do not like this TV series, I have a suggestion... stop watching it. Do not get me wrong because I do not mean it as an insult but as a positive suggestion. Why waste your time and energy in something that do not like and constantly disappoints you. Why bottle up negative feelings and anger when you can do something that you truly like? You can always re-read the books (or read them for the first time) and wait for the other books to be publish in order to finish the story.

1 minute ago, taipan said:

I know, I just played straight through your lazy posting.

Hell, even most of the people that did give it 1s didn't even give a few to several positives, yet...still gave it a 1.

Hopefully you get my drift.

No, because your grammar and diction are silly. And nice try with the smoke grenades again hahaha...

4 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

That was to Garg, referring to you hahaha...

I've yet to see anyone in this thread give legitimate justification for a 10. Hell, even most of the people that did also included a few to several negatives, yet still gave it a 10. People ridiculing others for giving it a 1 are, frankly, as intellectually lazy as those gifting this episode a 10 despite it's many and obvious flaws. 

You want to give it a 10 cause it made you feel good, if that's your prerogative then it's no less the show's detractors to rate it otherwise.

Thanks. I've made the same point a number of times. In this thread, many people prefer insulting you to actually engaging with your arguments. The 10/10 ratings are usually for getting good spectacle, the 1/10 for poor storytelling. Both "ways" of rating are valid in their way, but that is something the spectacle voters often can't accept. It's really not worth trying to debate this, the posters above prove that they simply don't want to enter into a dialogue, but prefer trading insults instead. That's a pity, but the the show gives poor examples for actual conversations too :)

4 minutes ago, Gargarax said:

I do know better than anyone voting Battle of the Bastards a 1/10 yes.  I no I won't read it.  

5 minutes ago, Facebookless Man said:

What makes this episode better? You think senseless battle scenes are automatically worthy of high praise, you're pretty much making the critic's point for them.

You think this episode was better because of a senseless battle scene?  I don't.  

2 minutes ago, HellasLEAF said:

I do know better than anyone voting Battle of the Bastards a 1/10 yes.  I no I won't read it.  

You don't have to read anything you don't want of course, but reading through dissenting opinions is often a good way to understand own opinion better as well as to look at things from another angle.

1/10 does seem low because of the beautiful visual imagery and people who gave 1/10 are probably focusing just on the abhorrent and juvenile writing rather than taking it as a whole. It really does deserve a solid 3 

1 minute ago, HellasLEAF said:

You think this episode was better because of a senseless battle scene?  I don't.  

Unpack that.  I mean, I gave this episode a 5 and that was mostly due to the production value and directing. So, if you're excluding those, what exactly do you think is good about this episode?

3 minutes ago, WolfClaw said:

OK, this is becoming ridiculous with all the book purists and haters. It is like LOTR movie trilogy all over again. We must never forget that these are two different mediums and what works in a book does not necessary work on screen. As somewhat book purists myself (and even if I wanted most, if not all of the things to happened like the in the books) I was more than happy with some of the changes. I even wanted Aragorn to face off Sauron at the Black Gates, like it was the original intention of Peter Jackson and that was not even in the books, trust me I know. Do you know about the 7 endings of “The Return of the King”? It was something that made me extremely happy, but lets be honest, it did not work on screen. But enough with other franchises. Do you remember the Blackwater Battle? Imagine what would have happened if it was like it was described in the books with things happening off-screen.

This episode was fracking EPIC, speaking only for myself and in my humble opinion one of the best episodes in the series.

To all those who do not like this TV series, I have a suggestion... stop watching it. Do not get me wrong because I do not mean it as an insult but as a positive suggestion. Why waste your time and energy in something that do not like and constantly disappoints you. Why bottle up negative feelings and anger when you can do something that you truly like? You can always re-read the books (or read them for the first time) and wait for the other books to be publish in order to finish the story.

One of the better posts tonight. Some do not realize that you can love both the books and the series.

1 minute ago, YOVMO said:

They really do seem very pleased with the job they have done.

I've seen one of the D's brag about how S6 is the best scripted season yet, so YYMV...

2 minutes ago, WolfClaw said:

OK, this is becoming ridiculous with all the book purists and haters. It is like LOTR movie trilogy all over again. We must never forget that these are two different mediums and what works in a book does not necessary work on screen.

Oh but we ARE criticising what is being shown on screen! How can you have characters specify in the dialogue that they have 6000 men fighting 3000 or less and less than 10 minutes later, have a wall of corpses 10,000 men high? That's got NOTHING to do with the books. It's just a stupid decision. Especially to think that people won't pick up on that! There are so many flaws you can pick up on if you watch the show alone. This whole season has been a lot of stupid, pointless filler similar to the last and characters have been used to fulfill weak plot points. It is extremely lazy writing.