[Poll] How would you rate episode 609?

How would you rate episode 609?  

698 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

15 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

And there you have it, quite a telling statement, confirming the accusations and arguments against your stance.

I tell you what.  I would read the assessment of a 2/10 for Battle of the Bastards.  Not a 1.  And I really don't care what that confirms for you, it's simply a waste of time for me. 

20 minutes ago, HellasLEAF said:

You are not obligated to give points for that scene Darkstream.  Where do I suggest this??  I said clearly that it invoked a positive emotion in this case for me.  And yes that swayed my vote above nit picking this time around. 

Perhaps you were not the one to specifically state that, but many on here have. 

I do know better than anyone voting Battle of the Bastards a 1/10 yes.  I no I won't read it.  

I would read the assessment of a 2/10 for Battle of the Bastards.  Not a 1.

These statements would imply as such, and suggest that if I don't give a point for something you feel deserves it, then my opinion is worthless and wrong. Your statement about emotions that I quoted above would be a contradiction to this stance. Unless of course, you also know better of the emotions that I personally feel.

Edited by Darkstream

4 hours ago, kinkyboy said:

Can't even blame the actors. Look what happened to Melissandre. I used to love her. Where is she gone? Sitting by the fire looking bored and depressed, she's completely destroyed as a character, worthless dialogs and presence. The same gradually happens with everyone this season. Tyrion isn't funny anymore, with Danny you can't get more repetetive, the feminist agenda, everything's predictable and written by some SJW dork. Watching this show pisses me off so much, 5 years of this great show and now to waste it like that??! And i'm not even that huge of a fan/book reader, I can't imagine how true fans feel watching this hollywood abomination.

I wasn't blaming the actors (as in docking points from the episode), I was trying to say that I think even they know how bad this season has been written and couldn't hide it every time.  That said, I liked the Dany/Yara bit, and don't see a lot of SJW-level feminism. Unfortunately, two of her strongest scenes this season (burning the Dothraki and turning her dragons loose on the slavers) were variants of previous scenes, so lose some impact (in addition to written much more poorly).

wow         that has to be the best episode ever. The dragons were amazing, Bolton got what he deserved.  Looks like Davos will rip into Melisandre now he knows what happened to Shireen.

And Wun Wun how could they do that  RIP big man

Another absolute failure character motivation wise.  And like episode 8 last year, another good spectacle event (the only reason this isn't in the 1-2 territory for me), albeit with certain problems within it (waaaaaaay too much shaky cam, I literally had to pause the battle for a minute when Jon sword swiped a guy backwards off his horse 15 feet so I could stop laughing, not sure how the pile of bodies was supposed to happen, Wildling archers refusal to kill Ramsey, etc.)

I absolutely love how they're doubling down on how utterly ridiculous it was to burn Shireen within the context of showverse, given the required geography to make the scene work (considering they were returning from Winterfell, and marching an Army back there within at absolute most 32 or so hours from parley to battle.)

I'm a big Stark supporter.  And the show has managed to make me not feel something seeing that Bolton banner fall and the Stark banner loaded up in its place.  I think that is the biggest damn indictment of this season.

Edited by JonSnow4President

5 hours ago, JEORDHl said:

Hahaha...

You laugh and try to insult others because all you have is the "it's my opinion and it's just as valid as anyone's" card.
You laugh despite the fact that clearly, i am right. You think ratings don't have outliers because they are subjective? That's pity because it doesn't take much to just google whether or not what you said was right. IMDB, Metacritic, and various other website that collect ratings for show also remove outliers from calculation. It must be hard to accept reality

But in a way, you are right; you opinion is special, ratings that are 1 tend to be outliers and... are consider in a way special. Congrats!

Simply amazing.

ill write more tomorrow when I have more time but that was definitely the best episode ever, and possibly the best hour of tv ever, topping even that episode of true detective!

It wasn't even that it was beautiful , because it was, but the writing was flawless and there wasn't a single moment I didn't love.

4 minutes ago, xjlxking said:

You laugh and try to insult others because all you have is the "it's my opinion and it's just as valid as anyone's" card.
You laugh despite the fact that clearly, i am right. You think ratings don't have outliers because they are subjective? That's pity because it doesn't take much to just google whether or not what you said was right. IMDB, Metacritic, and various other website that collect ratings for show also remove outliers from calculation. It must be hard to accept reality

But in a way, you are right; you opinion is special, ratings that are 1 tend to be outliers and... are consider in a way special. Congrats!

No, I laughed because you're using an analysis of statistics itself to dismiss someone rating the episode lower than you'd like. It's a facile line of argumentation, and thus... amusing to me. Sorry it insulted you, but come on man.

Edited by JEORDHl

1 minute ago, JEORDHl said:

No, I laughed because you're using an analysis of statistics itself to dismiss someone rating the episode lower than you'd like. It's a facile line of argumentation, and thus... amusing to me. Sorry it insulted you, but come on man.

No, it has nothing to do with me. 
I think anything lower than a 7 is something i'd l like to see but i dont dismiss them all. Hence why i told you that when you rated an episode 4-6 i understood. A 1-3 when the overwhelming majority has voted a 9+ is an outlier! 

Hello everybody!!

This is my first post on the forum.

I loved the episode, gave it a 10.

Really enjoyed that Ramsey died the way he did, finally!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I know a lot of people are loving Sansa, but I dont like the turn of her character, I think she doesnt care about anybody anymore, only herself and her revenge, she could care less if Jon had died on the battlefield or what happened to Rickon, so that to me its just being cold and selfish, and yes maybe she had the better strategy, but to me she only used Jon to get what she wanted.

Speaking of things I really liked, seeing the 3 dragons attack the ships :)

1 minute ago, xjlxking said:

No, it has nothing to do with me. 
I think anything lower than a 7 is something i'd l like to see but i dont dismiss them all. Hence why i told you that when you rated an episode 4-6 i understood. A 1-3 when the overwhelming majority has voted a 9+ is an outlier! 

But that's my point. Statistical rule negating lower ratings because the majority gave it high ones? Or am I misunderstanding your argument?

If the former, it's ridiculous. From a subjective point of view, when I see 10s being doled out en masse cause, manipulated feels, instead of feels on merit [meaning, in-character and logically consistent with established motivation(s) and conflict(s)] I'd argue instead that reality is actually inverted and the insane are describing what sanity is. :P 

28 minutes ago, xjlxking said:

The issue with your argument is that not only are the parameters for evaluation methods not defined or consistent, but the participants of the poll are of a biased opinion. This is a Got fan forum. I guarantee if this poll was in the book section of the forum, the results would be vastly different. A majority of the people that feel the show is bad, do not even come to this section of the forum. 

The results of this poll are useless in judging the quality of the show, It's only valuable in judging to what degree people who like the show enjoyed each specific episode in comparison with the other ones.

20 hours ago, marsyao said:

This episode is so obviously special made for fan boys/fan girls, on the whole concept, it makes no sense at all, though I would admit, this is the first episode very close to receive a 2 from me

Do you by chance see the irony in saying this episode is made for fanboys/fangirls, when it's abundantly clear you had already decided what score you would give this episode before you ever saw it?

I think you're in the wrong sub-forum my friend.

I have been thinking about this rating all day.  Technically, on a technical level, I think the episode was a 10+.  The visuals, the overheads, the filming was simply beautiful.  Some of the shots were so breathtaking I wanted to just LOOK at what was on the screen. It was the type of episode that you want to watch twice, once just to see, and then once to hear. 

But for some reason, the battle fell flat to me, it felt shallow.  Certainly Ramsay deserved to die and we were all pretty sure that he would either die or be jailed so maybe it was the knowing.  Or maybe the show created such an over-the-top monster that we stopped believing, and recognized that his death is a plot marker that we had to get through. I HATE Littlefinger being the savior, I HATE Sansa lying to Jon, I HATE that the dragons get all the air time while GHOST is apparently kennelled somewhere. I HATE the banter between Yara and Dany.  Why, when the Stark banners were put up, did I not fell a thrill of pride?  I do not understand the writing at all.

But I go back to the gorgeous visuals and the sets and the filming.  I give it an 8, which is the highest score so far this season.  And the only reason it is an 8 is that beautiful shot of Davos with the stag, or Jon standing, facing the calvalry. 

21 hours ago, marsyao said:

This episode is so obviously special made for fan boys/fan girls, on the whole concept, it makes no sense at all, though I would admit, this is the first episode very close to receive a 2 from me

Well, I do indeed wonder why people who hate the show so much even bother to watch it lol.  I get no end of verbal abuse for liking the show, because I am a book fanatic of sorts too lol, but hey!  what exactly is wrong with cheering for characters?

And, hey, fair point, could you please be humble enough to enlighten us as to what exactly did not make sense?  We all have our opinions and this is what a forum should be about, but trying to crash plots/ideas without qualifying why is a bit disappointing...

Edited by Morgana Lannister

16 minutes ago, Tastes like Frey said:

Do you by chance see the irony in saying this episode is made for fanboys/fangirls, when it's abundantly clear you had already decided what score you would give this episode before you ever saw it?

I think you're in the wrong sub-forum my friend.

You wrong me my Lord, I gave the score after I watch the episode

1 hour ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Simply amazing.

ill write more tomorrow when I have more time but that was definitely the best episode ever, and possibly the best hour of tv ever, topping even that episode of true detective!

It wasn't even that it was beautiful , because it was, but the writing was flawless and there wasn't a single moment I didn't love.

Vitameatavegamin says WHHHAAAAATTTTTT?

Sopranos-College nuff said