[Poll] How would you rate episode 609?

How would you rate episode 609?  

698 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

3 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

The show has only ever had the very smallest nods to political intrigue. Its always bordered on soap opera from the very first episode, and has always focussed on personal relationships. Thinking its a show about politics means you probably have a very shaky memory.

The story takes place in a feudal system and a lot of the main characters are people in positions in power. So those personal relationships have political implications.

4 minutes ago, Rhollo said:

The story takes place in a feudal system and a lot of the main characters are people in positions in power. So those personal relationships have political implications.

But the show has ALWAYS made it about personal relationships, the political side of it is merely background dressing. Its always been like that.

if you are looking for an intelligent well written story and therefor rating each episode < 3, then come up and complain about all the 9/10 ratings, you simply thinking it wrong. GoT is nothing else than entertainment for people who like well produced battles, gore, tits, dicks, dragons, zombies and destruction. expecting entertainment of the high art department here is rather illusionary. for what it is, its an excellent show and thats why i like it.  my ratings this season went from 5 to 10, rating it for what it is. 100% pure TV entertainment. its not art or poetry, its entertainment.
people still lingering around this forum bashing each episode for bad "writing" (lol!) should have a little reality check done and maybe stop wasting their time on something they dont like. 

i mean, its everyones own decision how to rate and each taste is different but i simply would waste my time somewhere else, if this show would dissapoint me each weak worse. its just idiotic. the show wont change because of a minority raging about how badly written it is. now dont change your rating habits, but maybe just change the channel. your dream has been destroyed anyway, and the majority doesnt give a piss about it.

Edited by GilletteMace

2 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

But the show has ALWAYS made it about personal relationships, the political side of it is merely background dressing. Its always been like that.

The personal relationships influence the political decisions people make and vice versa.

It's not two seperate things, one drives the other, sometimes they are at odds, sometimes they blur into each other.

I think you don't get it.

GOT isn't the last "adult" fantasy show that will be put to screen. It's perhaps not even the only one Asoiaf adaptation one can expect to see in his lifetime, with the Hollywood fashion for franchise reboots etc...

Some people dreams about this particular show may have been destroyed, and it's clear it won't change its route, but imo they have very good reasons to state they don't excuse bad writing because its fantasy. To resume the more people of this opinion complain the higher are the chances they may be listened too for next productions in the genre, instead of just getting special effects, tits and gore.

1 minute ago, Rhollo said:

The personal relationships influence the political decisions people make and vice versa.

It's not two seperate things, one drives the other, sometimes they are at odds, sometimes they blur into each other.

The point is that the show doesn't focus on politics in the way that the books do, mainly because that sort of thing is very hard to get across. 

Just go back and watch earlier episodes, its all about personal relationships between characters, at times its soapy and melodramatic. Don't have rose tinted glasses as to what the show was before.

32 minutes ago, Barristan Whitebeard said:

Yeah, and that's the reason because the ratings have been so low this season! Oh, wait...

The ratings are high because of hype, and the viewers amassed while the show was good. Few would have watched this rubbish from the outset.

2 hours ago, Eddy1 said:

I'm looking for a show that's both gripping and makes sense, like GoT in the early series. If GoT had started like it is now, it would have been cancelled long ago.

And yet it's ratings are at an all time high? Don't know if I agree with this or not. I have about 10 people I know who are just show watchers and they are absolutely loving this season. Don't get me wrong, the two episodes before this were clunky, but as a whole they are pumped. 

So, let me see if I get this right. The episodes that have no tits or gore and focus on people are lambasted for poor writing and being slow. The episodes with tits and dicks and dick jokes are bitched about being exploitive and low brow. The episodes with action and gore and criticized for being violent and OMG the hero didn't die in the battle and not focused on people or politics.

So basically, the show should just consist of the opening credits and then pages from the books shown on screen?

To be fair, every episode is called poor writing, lazy writing, not true to the books, cheap, no budget, no wolves, no dragons, oh wait dragons but I wanted wolves this time, flashy lights, people who like it have no taste, just watch for the tits and dragons, wouldn't understand good writing if they saw it...

23 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

The point is that the show doesn't focus on politics in the way that the books do, mainly because that sort of thing is very hard to get across. 

Just go back and watch earlier episodes, its all about personal relationships between characters, at times its soapy and melodramatic. Don't have rose tinted glasses as to what the show was before.

This has not been a book vs. show comparison so far. If you want to start that argument, you'll have to find someone other than me to have it with. I try to keep the two seperate as good as I can.

And I've watched the earlier seasons quite a few times, so I am pretty confident to say the "game" was more intricate there as it was recently.

Maybe it wasn't "the show" but you that focused more on the personal relationships from the beginning, while others (like me) viewed it differently and enjoyed other aspects that have since then taken a turn for the worse unfortunately and we can just agree to disagree on how much importance the titular "game" actually has/had on the show, because it comes down to personal interpretation.

2 hours ago, dbunting said:

So, let me see if I get this right. The episodes that have no tits or gore and focus on people are lambasted for poor writing and being slow. The episodes with tits and dicks and dick jokes are bitched about being exploitive and low brow. The episodes with action and gore and criticized for being violent and OMG the hero didn't die in the battle and not focused on people or politics.

So basically, the show should just consist of the opening credits and then pages from the books shown on screen?

To be fair, every episode is called poor writing, lazy writing, not true to the books, cheap, no budget, no wolves, no dragons, oh wait dragons but I wanted wolves this time, flashy lights, people who like it have no taste, just watch for the tits and dragons, wouldn't understand good writing if they saw it...

Basically this

a small minority just like to complain and they find things to nitpick.

4 hours ago, Barristan Whitebeard said:

Yeah, and that's the reason because the ratings have been so low this season! Oh, wait...

If you think this is a valid counter argument to the point being made, I'm sorry but you have a poor understanding of how these things work, and what is currently driving the success and ratings for the show. 

20 hours ago, GilletteMace said:

if you are looking for an intelligent well written story and therefor rating each episode < 3, then come up and complain about all the 9/10 ratings, you simply thinking it wrong. GoT is nothing else than entertainment for people who like well produced battles, gore, tits, dicks, dragons, zombies and destruction. expecting entertainment of the high art department here is rather illusionary. for what it is, its an excellent show and thats why i like it.  my ratings this season went from 5 to 10, rating it for what it is. 100% pure TV entertainment. its not art or poetry, its entertainment.
people still lingering around this forum bashing each episode for bad "writing" (lol!) should have a little reality check done and maybe stop wasting their time on something they dont like. 

i mean, its everyones own decision how to rate and each taste is different but i simply would waste my time somewhere else, if this show would dissapoint me each weak worse. its just idiotic. the show wont change because of a minority raging about how badly written it is. now dont change your rating habits, but maybe just change the channel. your dream has been destroyed anyway, and the majority doesnt give a piss about it.

One could argue that the people that constantly come to this thread to bash other people's ratings and opinions are in "serious need of a reality check" and should "stop wasting their time" on such an "idiotic" endeavor.  

Edited by Darkstream

1 hour ago, xjlxking said:

Basically this

a small minority just like to complain and they find things to nitpick.

This show has long since past the point of "finding something to nit pick" and crossed into the teritory of repeatedly bludgening you in the face with an intentional and obvious disregard for any criteria used in telling a good story. 

Article out today or yesterday about Game of Thrones. HBO has stated this is it's only series ever that has gone this long and increased in ratings every year. There is something to be said about that. How can you have such prolonged success, getting more and more popular every season if you suck? Your writing sucks, your every decision sucks.

Despite what some people think, people are still tuning in, enjoying, and recommending this show to others, who in turn do the same. Last night I went to a concert and on the drive the one thing that perked up people the most was when we talked about the show. And these friends haven't read the books. I still maintain that the majority of people on here who complain about the show wouldn't be doing so if they hadn't read the books over the course of 20 years and have this built up expectations and such that the show, no matter who was doing it couldn't meet. Especially since the show has passed the books.

Everyone has an opinion and can use any logic they choose to justify their opinion, as I did just now regarding the ratings.