(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion

14 minutes ago, Brian B Stark said:

I was SCREAMING that at the screen during that scene!

Welcome to the forums! 

It was really stupid, just a bit of erratic running and he would have lived. But the plot commanded him to be dumb. 

Im going to pour my heart out about this episode and season overall, well before this episode i expected a LOTR vibes from the battle of the bastards, dont get me wrong. I dont mean the cliques where good guys can kill over 200 people in one battle, even though LOTR was one of the best if not best movie trilogy ive ever seen, i expected the same vibe from this battle as i got from LOTR. The vibe where you would go through the damned halls of hell just to relive it. The battle in a cinema perspective was okay, it was good and you got some good vibes but nothing like LOTR or any popular fantasy scenes, even Narnia had more than this. But GoT is a series and Lotr is not. 

However what makes me angry is the bullshit feminist agenda, dont get me wrong you could call me a feminist. Because i support equality over men and women, i feel that both genders should have the same start and benefits. However they put out this bullshit where Sansa, a girl that acted like a littly puppy for 5 seasons turn into some kind of heroine who knows everything and absolutely no one has ever experienced harm like she has. Like she was the only one in Westeros that has gotten raped. But truth, i wanted her to become more baddass so i will lay my hands of her, because i got more than i asked for. 

Now the one that bothered me so much, was Daenarys and Yara, to this day i cannot believe that they cut Aegon for this bitch Daenarys. Daenarys a girl who thinks that everyone is under her and anyone who criticises her or does not support her deserves to burn or die in a horrible way. She is so dull and boring, and i absolutely hate how the show writers want to make her look like some baddass conqueror. While half of the watchers want her to fall of her dragon. I really hope that somehow Aegon might not be cut out, imagine him and Jon Snow against Daenarys and greyjoys, it might be a dream but a man can always have his dreams. Daenarys is the true heir of the mad king, both by claim and genes.

A great way of making a woman baddass was, Eowyn from Lotr. She was was a true heroine, i mean she wasnt allowed to fight because she was a woman but she disguised into a man just to fight the evil orcs that threatened mankind and her father. She singehandely killed the leader of orcish forces and her line where she said " I am no man" was probably one of the most baddass things ive ever seen from a female character in the history of television. She was a true feminist and a heroine, not Daenarys Targyen or Sansa Stark. Now enough of LOTR.

However lets continue from such a travesty of a character,and  lets move on to one of the biggest upsetting character of this season.

Tyrion Lannister,

Now had you said this 1-2 seasons ago, i would have personally located you and spent thousands of dollars in transport means just to slap you. Now i was a big fan of Tyrion Lannister, i mean here we have a man who was unlucky enough to kill her mother and being born as a dwarf. Fighting for his own right and almost succeding. The guy defended Kings Landing and well he was a true hero and a great tactician. Sadly with the events of his father and joffrey he was forced to exile to Essos, now i was quite joyful because i thought that this was the time for Tyrion to make a life for himself. Now i was happy that he became an advisor to Daenarys because i mean someone need to put that girl straight. But as the episodes went by he literally did nothing, i mean except for talking bullshit and telling jokes he has literally done nothing. No speeches, no epic combats, NADA. 

I mean when this thing ends , i want the feeling i had when LOTR,Star Wars,Interstellar,Braveheart etc. 

I want that feeling where you keep saying that u were lucky that u witnessed such an wonderful creation, but im missing it and i had it in battle of blackwater, season 1-4 isch. But ive lost it, and now it feels like i just watch it because i want to know how it ends.

Thanks for me, and i appoligize for my shitty grammar.

Why didn't Sandra tell Jon about the Vale Army?  I mean he could have delayed a day or even an half day and won decidedly, without causing the deaths of thousands.

Thanks Sandra

I loved the episode.  My only complaint was Davos finding the singed stag.  Come on, after all that time, the strong winds of the north, the snows, etc, the remains of the pyre were still there as if it happened a week ago???

1 hour ago, Nymeria Stone said:

I just can't stand Tyrion. I still don't understand how he managed to be so influent. He hasn't done ~anything~ to gain Dany's trust, besides showing up at the small council and drinking while telling a joke.

And after the whole feminist agenda, Dany asks for his approval to seal the deal with Yara?? Come on.

Tyrion allowed her fleet to be burned and reinstituted slavery and was asleep/drunk while the masters gathered an army. You know, successful.

8 minutes ago, Forlong the Fat said:

The mounding of bodies is one of the most notable aspects of Agincourt. The unavailability of cameras perhaps explains your inability to find pictures of it. Simply Google mounds or piles of bodies at Agincourt and you will find plenty of description  eg, https://books.google.com/books?id=W2jTtdISwMMC&pg=PT210&lpg=PT210&dq=description+of+piles+of+bodies+agincourt&source=bl&ots=4dDew0nP43&sig=1wg8m5NF586ttigORZ-xufJI0Uo&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiT8fKrz7XNAhULTlIKHVopDtYQ6AEISjAM#v=onepage&q=description of piles of bodies agincourt&f=false

Or read The Face of Battle by John Keegan  

I was looking for depictions of the battle based on descriptions of it... still don't find any (even with "piles of bodies"), but I'll just have to take your firsthand account of the battle instead.

Maybe you mean something like this:

https://warsandpoliticsoficeandfire.wordpress.com/2016/04/18/blood-of-the-conqueror-part-7-agincourt/ (as a bonus, it's A Song of Ice and Fire related)

Still a very far cry from what D&D gave us... But I'm done talking about it because frankly, I just don't care that much. 

Ughh!!! I've only watched one minute so far, and I already had to come here in order to release some rage from my system!

Mereen is under attack, for most a quite dire and somber situation to find yourself in, but of course, que Tyrion and his jovial humor to help us through the atrocities of war, my gods this is going to be brutal.

...And is there not already a countless number of cities in Essos and all of Westeros that have already abolished slavery, isn't it already proven that no one needs a master?

I fear that the next fifty or so minutes of my life is evidence that I have masochist tendencies. May the Seven help me.

The nitpicks of the episode has been done to death already in the previous episodes' threads.

This was the climax of all the bad writing, and poor character motivations all season. Sansa being a stupid a$$h*le is nothing new. Jon being an ineffectual, painfully dumb, boring, cheap-hero-wannabe is nothing new. Deus ex Littlefinger was a thing since episode 2 or 3. Rickon dying was a thing since his introduction. What more can be said about episode 9 on its own merits at this point?

The good things are also the same as previous episodes, too. Game of Thrones has always managed to look decent the majority of the time, and the acting is usually passable. The same is true here, too.

Maybe not telling Jon about the Knights' of the Vale was to make Jon seem more ineffectual than he actually was so as to make a play for Winterfell; really do not know the point given how he acted all season, but given how ineffectual Sansa was this whole season maybe I can't really blame her.

That being said, he could have been killed in the fight, and its not exactly a heroic thing to do. Of course, the show has always missed the point and made Littlefinger-level scheming seem like a good thing, though, so no real surprises there.

Other than that? Some scenes were shot to make the episode more 'epic' (read=lame). Characters continued to do stupid things. Littlefinger is allowed to do whatever he wants and becomes the hero while Jon...does what, exactly? Who knows, and who cares. He had as much screen presence as Rickon this season, and might have even affected the plot less, so what does it matter and who the hell cares. Sansa gets to be Littlefinger's pet again, though the script might manufacture a situation where Sansa now holds all the power and Littlefinger is pining after her.

In any case, the point is that the biggest nitpicks have been made all season. Exclusively talking about characterization and writing, nothing new happened in this episode.

8 minutes ago, Grendam said:

I was looking for depictions of the battle based on descriptions of it... still don't find any (even with "piles of bodies"), but I'll just have to take your firsthand account of the battle instead.

Maybe you mean something like this:

https://warsandpoliticsoficeandfire.wordpress.com/2016/04/18/blood-of-the-conqueror-part-7-agincourt/ (as a bonus, it's A Song of Ice and Fire related)

Still a very far cry from what D&D gave us... But I'm done talking about it because frankly, I just don't care that much. 

8 minutes ago, Grendam said:

Quoting here sucks:

5. Most of the French army suffocated to death.

The bowmen were not the only ones responsible for England’s victory – mud played a significant role too. The days leading up to the Battle of Agincourt had been rainy, and the fields were soggy and covered with slush. So when the French knights, complacent about the size of their army and eager to vanquish the English, charged across the battlefield, they found themselves being weighed down by their heavy armour, which was causing them to sink in the mud. It made them easy targets for the English bowmen, and as more and more Frenchmen died, their bodies began to pile up. As additional troops pushed in from the back, thousands of men were caught in the human crush, and were either trampled to death or suffocated as they lay among their fallen compatriots. Once wounded, a French soldier had next to no chance of getting up again and was more often than not crushed under the weight of the men coming from behind.

Since most of the Englishmen had little or no armour, they were quickly able to navigate the mud and cut down the French troops with devastating ease. Had the French chosen to wait for and attack from the English rather than advancing of their accord, perhaps the outcome would have been different.

So yes there were mounds of bodies.. like I agreed there was with Furlong or Forlong whoever.. but what is given on the show is not make what makes bodies.

Narrow path of attack, men climbing over men while getting decimated with arrows or spear.

Not two cavalry hitting eachother and dispersing into scattered fighting.

Sandra is worse than ever. You think the knowledge of an army of fresh southern nights might help before hand? Damn. That is one well preserved Shaggydog head. Rickon, alligators and arrows have one thing in common. You have to zig zag. Poor guys in Bolton first wave didn't get the friendly fire memo. Wun Wun the last of the giants killed by an arrow in the eye. Outside of Sandra who is worse than the book version episode was fun.

6 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

:lol:  I had to pause it while the masters are giving their terms, let me guess. Danny: We were talking about your surrender, and then she breathes fire herself and roasts them all.

Wat

Archived