(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion

2 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I don't think the show is pandering to feminists at all. The show is doing exactly what it always does. Messing things up.

They always get women wrong. They have no clue. They are offensive. Same as always. Nothing new here.

Exactly.

3 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I don't think the show is pandering to feminists at all. The show is doing exactly what it always does. Messing things up.

They always get women wrong. They have no clue. They are offensive. Same as always. Nothing new here.

Yep.

2 minutes ago, Trinket2 said:

Don't bring up the topic if it's not on topic,then.

I'm sure they're trying to pander to feminism. The writers just have no clue what it is.

It's not the topic to discuss what feminism is or isn't or at least I won't, that's what I mean. 

Never said you couldn't question or disagree with my argument of them pandering. 

18 minutes ago, Trinket2 said:

, the writers have no idea what feminism is.

...and neither does 90% of this thread. So they should stop trying to sound smart and keep their goddamn teeth together.

This one isn't really a nitpick, but seeing the Umbers on the side of Ramsay Bolton, and being proud of being on Ramsay's side, makes my ass ache.

Yeah. Having Smalljon be a villain and get owned by Tormund is :( I was really rooting for Smalljon to turn on Ramsay and kick ass for the Starks. 

2 minutes ago, RodrikTheReader said:

So I suppose they had to bring their army by the sea upto White Harbour or so?

They could do that. But they could also come up the King's Road without passing the Twins. You need to pass the Twins coming from the North to get to the other side of the Green Fork heading south. The Vale is North and East of the river, so you don't have to cross it to go North. 

So Stannis was 15 meters from winterfell, twenty goodmen burn their breakfast

soldiers: well that changes everything! i'm out!"

Stannis:"wait, lets burn my daughter, maybe with this we gonna find some apples to eat before the battle"

All of this at the very moment of the battle it has to be. Not gonna mention the fireproof stag... is daenerys made from that wood too?

7 minutes ago, RodrikTheReader said:

Honest question folks. Doesn't the Vale army have to go through the Twins to go up north to Winterfell? 

I think the bigger question is how did the Vale army get past Moat Calin?  Its supposed to be impassible from the south even when defended by a force with few numbers.  Did the Boltons leave it undefended? 

Even if the Vale forces got past Moat Calin, how did nobody notice a large southron army marching up the King's Road toward Winterfell?  Does Ramsay not have any scouts?  What about his twenty good men?

In any event I think the Freys would have welcomed any army through the Twins in order to take out the Boltons after what Ramsay did to Walda and her son.  The show sure went out of its way to have the Boltons burn bridges with their allies, and yet they somehow gained the support of northern houses.  Hell, I'm surprised Brienne didn't talk Jamie into sending his army north to take out the Bottons, since according to the show canon the Lannisters and Starks are actually allies when it comes to the Boltons.  Weird.

Oh....I have been ranting about the whole Sansa issue and the Meereen debacle for the last 4 hours - but I forgot to complain about the following:

TYRION TELLING the CHILDLIKE EMPRESS (with the love for burning people) ABOUT WHY JAIME KILLED THE MAD KING - you know, the plan to burn down all of Kings Landing with wildfire....

How does he know? I have read (and listened to) the books several times now - and I always understood that Jaime has never told his story to anyone before confessing it all to Brienne in Harrenhal.  Even in the show there was no mention of Tyrion or anyone else knowing the truth about his rather heroic (albeit impetuous) act.

I know it is just a small thing - but it bothers and annoys me.

16 minutes ago, Rockroi said:

I just .... is this even a real show anymore?  I mean, what punishment should the show get for plagiarizing itself? 

. . . 

Its plagiarism.  Only they are lazy plagiarists; instead of ripping off stuff from other sources... they just rip off the earlier works... And we can tell.  

Good stuff all the way through--you said it better than I could myself. The entire scene with the masters and Dany made no sense. MAYBE when they thought she disappeared, I guess they might invade (even then, that's stupid), but once she came back, they were stupid to just serve the plot so she could be #don'tquestionthedragonqueen,bitches

Rickon was the worst though. Just a name and a target dummy. I knew it the moment he and Osha showed up. How many big characters did Ramsay get to kill this season? Roose, Walda, and the Bolton heir, Osha, Rickon, and Wun Wun--I mean he is SO over the top murderous, I just quit caring.

3 minutes ago, Stannistician said:

I think the bigger question is how did the Vale army get past Moat Calin?  Its supposed to be impassible from the south even when defended by a force with few numbers.  Did the Boltons leave it undefended? 

Even if the Vale forces got past Moat Calin, how did nobody notice a large southron army marching up the King's Road toward Winterfell?  Does Ramsay not have any scouts?  What about his twenty good men?

In any event I think the Freys would have welcomed any army through the Twins in order to take out the Boltons after what Ramsay did to Walda and her son.  The show sure went out of its way to have the Boltons burn bridges with their allies, and yet they somehow gained the support of northern houses.  Hell, I'm surprised Brienne didn't talk Jamie into sending his army north to take out the Bottons, since according to the show canon the Lannisters and Starks are actually allies when it comes to the Boltons.  Weird.

As Rodrik mentioned, one possibility is that they came by sea. They could land in White Harbor fand would not cross the land of anyone known to be loyal to Bolton. In fact, we have reason to believe Lord Too Fat to Sit a Horse may yet appear . . . 

Why in the goddamn world did Jon Snow meet with Ramseys and challenge him, to be turned down and fight the next day? It's not like Ramsey's been an honorable person. It's not like Ramsey won over an of the other family's with his charisma; he's been running his whole ship on fear and the fact that he's impulsive and psychotic. Jon Snow, just says, "Battle me" Ramsey said, Nope. We have more guys, so we'll kill you tomorrow? 

Jon Snow, just fight and kill him then and there. There was enough people from both sides, to have just finished the whole debate there. Lazy silly writing. 

Sansa and Dany both act much too big for their britches. Neither of them knows shit but they feel entitled to everything. (Note: I don't necessarily feel this way about their book counterparts).

And does Dany have some bluetooth connection to Drogon now? Dany is ditched by Drogon and left in the middle of nowhere to be found by the Dothraki and now she can suddenly summon him at will for some faux-badass moment? I'm getting pretty tired of the Drogon ex machina.

Every part of the plot in Mereen just falls too conveniently into place. Drogon appears right when Dany delivers her trite one-liner, Viserion and Rhaegal can suddenly break through the walls just as Dany flies over...I won't even go on. 

But at least her characterization is consistent with Dany in other seasons while the characterization of Jon/Sansa and the North is just all over the place.

BTW Sansa, it might have been nice if you had told Jon or Daavos about the Vale army that would be joining you. 

Overall the episode was really "meh" for me. Everything that transpired was predictable and the plot adhered annoyingly to D&D's usual formula. 

Not to mention that all the time travel, teleportation, and telepathy of D&D's GoT is getting to be really exasperating and irritating.  

Well, that was incredibly dumb, I expect to see a lot of tens on rate ep. thread. :bang: 

I did learn something though. I had always thought not being mounted in the midst of a cavalry charge would be a severe disadvantage. You know, like to the point that it would be certain death. Jon was so successful in dodging his imminent trampling, I was wondering why he didn't just do the same while surrounded by the phalanx formation. He should have just zig zagged right through there, but then again, if Rickon, being a dumb Stark couldn't have thought of doing that, what makes me think Jon, a Stark bastard would be smart enough to do so?  

A mountain of dead bodies, WTF?

And how stupid was Ramsey to draw his fourth arrow against Jon, who was now within swords length of him, after he had just made his dramatic slow walk towards him while blocking the first three arrows? :rolleyes:

Just so stupid, I've got a headache from the amount of eye-rolling I did in this episode.

4 minutes ago, PenguinrRevolt said:

Why in the goddamn world did Jon Snow meet with Ramseys and challenge him, to be turned down and fight the next day? It's not like Ramsey's been an honorable person. It's not like Ramsey won over an of the other family's with his charisma; he's been running his whole ship on fear and the fact that he's impulsive and psychotic. Jon Snow, just says, "Battle me" Ramsey said, Nope. We have more guys, so we'll kill you tomorrow? 

Jon Snow, just fight and kill him then and there. There was enough people from both sides, to have just finished the whole debate there. Lazy silly writing. 

Google: parley

Archived