(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion

6 seasons in,and Dany still switches between Mad King V2 to compassionate leader in the span of a single pep talk.But hey,she has learned to mount a creatine abusing Drogon,so it's fine.

Yeah,fuck male oppression.Let's shake on it.Only if it's OK with the male dwarf standing behind me,of course.You know,the one who I should've catapulted out of Meeren by now for his incompetence.

Spare us,commander of an army of lowborns,who is also lowborn himself!Kill that filthy lowborn instead! <-Great plead for mercy.Bravo.

It was pretty comedic when Sans..eer Sandra delivered her cookie cutter threats to Ramsay and then rode off with no one following her.I almost expected Ramsay to whisper "what a bitch",and the Stark men to nod in silent agreement.

Imagine if Rickon decided to make a mockery out of Ramsay's game-by running backwards,so that he can always see the arrows coming.Pretty disheartening to see your precious hostage escape-running BACKWARDS of all things.

The shaky cam didn't allow you to see him,but Jon had Ghost beside him all along-he was the one holding an arrow-proof umbrella over Jon's head through the entire first half of the battle.

There is NO defending of what Sans...eer Sandra did,and the magically appearing wall of dead Stark men would surely agree with me.Thanks for dying completely preventable deaths for my claim to the North,losers!The final scene should be interpreted as a clear parallel to Ramsay killing Roose:A piece of shit being killed by a worse piece of shit.

Surely,the arrow that finished Wun Wun off could be put to better use-by piercing Jon's oblivious skull for example?

I thought it was strange the Northern fighters were suddenly shield wall fighters too. I remember a book about King Arthur called the Winter King (Dark Ages battles for sure) where the rough clansmen fought in shield walls, but this was due to remnants of the Roman Empire having once held influence over England. I don't remember the North having a Rome like legionnaire military holding outposts and control over the North in the Martin's history, but maybe I missed it?

I also thought it was odd that Dany was pissed at Tyrion at first, like when General Zod was going to kill Lex Luthor in Superman II, and Lex was all like, "don't kill me, I can give you Superman!" But Tyrion didn't do that. He was just stumbling all over himself, then the next time we see Dany and Tyrion they're all like smiling pals in front of the Iron Borne? 

1 minute ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

Honestly I still don't understand why Rickon didn't try to kill Ramsay after he cut him loose. He looked almost as tall as Ramsay and surely he'd rather go down fighting rather than be a shooting target.

I agree with this. I was hoping Rickon would grab for his knife or sword and make a fight of it. Would have been a more satistsfying way for him to die. 

6 seasons in,and Dany still switches between Mad King V2 to compassionate leader in the span of a single pep talk.But hey,she has learned to mount a creatine abusing Drogon,so it's fine.

Yo, do i need to remind you that this is kinda how Dany is around the time ADWD ends? She waffles between "i need to do whats right" and sounding like Viserys a lot in the books.

24 minutes ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

Oh....I have been ranting about the whole Sansa issue and the Meereen debacle for the last 4 hours - but I forgot to complain about the following:

TYRION TELLING the CHILDLIKE EMPRESS (with the love for burning people) ABOUT WHY JAIME KILLED THE MAD KING - you know, the plan to burn down all of Kings Landing with wildfire....

How does he know? I have read (and listened to) the books several times now - and I always understood that Jaime has never told his story to anyone before confessing it all to Brienne in Harrenhal.  Even in the show there was no mention of Tyrion or anyone else knowing the truth about his rather heroic (albeit impetuous) act.

I know it is just a small thing - but it bothers and annoys me.

I actually was like "yo" about that too. I dont remember him telling Tyrion this. I thought he might have but i may have misremembered. How did Tyrion know that?

11 minutes ago, Forlong the Fat said:

Google: schiltron

interesting, but he says they took the inspiration from the battle of Canae. Pike formations aren't unique to ancient warfare, but phalanx formation, tower shield-walls with super long spears are specifically Macedonian. Also, the Bolton helmets were 16th century spanish. Just a weird mash up. 

3 hours ago, Nami said:

Can you imagine if they did the Battle of the Trident?

The mountain of bodies was too much

:lol:  I imagine the Trident would have been completely dammed up.

What's really fucked up is that this wasn't just an oversight, they actually had to go out of their way to do this. I'm wondering, with all the work it must have taken the crew to make this pile of bodies for the filming of the scene, shouldn't it have dawned on someone that this wouldn't happen naturally throughout the course of a battle. But of course, with d$d, logic and realism is abhorred if it interferes with the edgy and disturbing visuals that they want to manipulate their audience with.

47 minutes ago, Forlong the Fat said:

As Rodrik mentioned, one possibility is that they came by sea. They could land in White Harbor fand would not cross the land of anyone known to be loyal to Bolton. In fact, we have reason to believe Lord Too Fat to Sit a Horse may yet appear . . . 

Except that earlier this season LF told Sansa that the Vale army was at Moat Calin.

Archived