(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion

I actually liked this episode far better than others, including the amazing sequence where Jon is in the in the chaotic melee, getting arrows rained on him.... but here goes:

1. Davos not saying shit to Mel before the fight.... I think he'd have woken her up and cut her throat in her sleep.

2. Ra-Ra feminist bullshit with Dany and Yara.

3. Yara even making a lesbian marriage joke.

4. Tyrion trying to sell Dany on Mereen being fine.... Tyrion having no plan for the defense, after masterminding the battle of the blackwater

5. The other two dragons being under the pyramid still....

6. Where the hell was the Iron Fleet during the battle

7. How the hell did Dany capture the Master's ships, if her dragons set them all on fire

8. Why did the entire Dothraki horde need to charge and murder the like 4 Harpies outside the gates

9. Why would the gates let a Dothraki horde inside the city after that

10. Tyrion agreeing when Theon said he wasn't worthy of the Salt Throne.  I don't think Tyrion has had nearly the experience with Theon to justify him jumping to conclusions.

11. Why did Jon Snow have a planning table at all, if he can't even stick to his own game plan.

12. Why where Tormond and Davos equally stupid with regard to troop deployment.

13. Why is Ramsey such a good archer

14. How the hell did anyone know it was Rickon at that distance? The two armies where ~30 seconds away at a full gallop

15, Why are bodies stacking like 10 high into piles? Who the hell is climbing that only to die on top of it?

16. Why would anyone care that Ricken is dead?

17. Who where the flayed/burning people on the Xs in front of the battle? (We where told they where people we knew)

18. Why is it treated as an empowering for women moment when Sansa deliberately witholds incredibly vital information from the commander of the damn army.

19 Where in the actual hell was ghost.... we spend a billion dollars on stupid dragons for 10 seconds.... where's ghost for any episode after Jon's resurrection

20. Why isn't Jon just instinctively burning every corpse ever, until the end of time. Screw Rickon in the crypts...

21. Melissandre tells Davos she will follow Jon Snow..... She tells Jon snow she does not follow Jon Snow....k

22. Why is Melissandre suddenly useless?

23. Why is no one actually leading the troops during the battle, for the Stark side? They shouldn't have gotten surrounded like that.

24. How does Davos ever fight on no sleep?

25. Why did it have to be what looks like pitbulls (Ramsey's dogs).... ? Pitbull owners/advocates are like the man hating feminists of the dog owner world...who go insane any time their dogs are shown in a negative light, and then spend the next couple of weeks buzzing around like an angry swarm of bees about "how pitbulls are the sweetest and most gentle, cuddly dogs ever, and damn the false stereotypes blah blah blah".... Look I have nothing against pitbulls... They're dogs and I like dogs. I'd even agree that Pitbulls probably get a bad wrap, because they're just normal dogs. That said, I have this theory that Pitbull owners are nearly entirely made of up of insufferable people who only got a pitbull specifically so they could be in your face about how nice it is. They're like social justice warriors to lazy to find an actual social justice issue to passionately rant about, but twice as fanatical about the one stupid issue they did choose to be an insufferable douche over. To make a long short, seriously you could have used any other kind of dog for those shots, and instead we had to sit back and watch you throw rocks at the beehive.

There are many things to dislike about the writing and inconsistency of the show, but I see something being brought up. In the show, I do find it believable that Jaime told Tyrion about the wildfire and why he killed Aerys. We saw Jaime telling both Ned and Robert pieces of the story. He tells Qyburn that he saved half a million people in King's Landing. Show Jaime isn't exactly shy about seeding that story around to whoever will listen, even if he doesn't tell the whole thing to any one person. Of course that is a problem in and of itself, but at least it's consistent that he would tell Tyrion the whole story.

My personal nitpick that I don't think I've seen anyone bring up yet is that when Dany says 'dracarys' she essentially whispers it. I knew what she was going to say (we all did, right? God this show is so predicatable) and I knew she was just going to say it, rather than scream it loudly enough that all three dragons could hear it. And no, I don't believe her bond with the dragons is that finely tuned. I buy that they can maybe read emotions and thus how she is able to summon Drogon at will, but a big hell no to telepathic bonds.

55 minutes ago, Bastard of the Dreadfort said:

Why can't Rickon have one line? Hell, forget that, a single word? Does it cost so much for HBO to pay Art Parkinson to scream "JON! SAVE ME!" while running? Or does adding to dramatic tension extend beyond their budget this season?

50 minutes ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

Rickon dying was so unneccessary - and seeing him do so was even worse. Why show this - though showing us the final fight of the Blackfish or Arya defeating the Waif-like charater were too much? Why bring him back for just to be killed off without uttering a single word during both episodes that he was seen?

Did anyone else think, the way he died looked somewhat (very) similar to Ygritte's death?

I absolutely agree. At least Osha and Blackfish who basically also returned for this season just to die had a couple of lines. At least we got a glimpse of Summer fighting the walkers before being killed. Rickon and Shaggy were totally pointless characters with no development on the show. The showrunners did not even try.

Really lazy plot writing. No surprises at all and really lazy execution besides. The death of the startk kid was so lame, is not like you can shoot arrow accurately from that distance. Why not write it so that Ramsay orders all of the archers to shoot when the brothers meet and try to kill them both and Jon might maybe survive by maybe using a shield while his unarmored brother dies? What is the point of parleys in Westeros? To trade insults and murder the other site? You'd imagine there would be some sort of reputation damage for always killing people during parleys. The writers seem to think that being self-centered psycho is a good thing if you have tits and that is feminism. If a woman gets stabbed or tortured her tits give her a level up while a tortured male gets broken. If Sansa actually made a power play with her tricks it would actually be sort of cool even if evil but I assume the whole things gets ingnored. Apparently Roose Bolton was completely wrong and they did not need Starks for anything, but I guess being openly psycho counts as a good thing in the north and iron islands even if you don't have tits. "You killed your brother and king and want to kill the rest of your family!, That makes you the best king ever, as a bannerman I can expect loyalty and justice!" 

5 minutes ago, teemo said:

Just watched some of the episode to watch Ramsay die.  I have to say....I already knew Clarke and Harrington (although a little better now) were bad actors....but what the hell?  Sophie Turner?  She is bad.  She doesn't change expressions ever, uses the same monotonous voice....she is truly awful.  From what I remember too, she really impressed me in season 1. What the hell happened?   

I think it's a number of factors, really. In season one, almost everyone involved in making the show cared more. Even D&D. It was Sophie Turner's first role, so I guess she put her heart into it. And she was good as the naive, young, clueless Sansa. She's a bigger name now, and older, so maybe she's just going through the motions to get her paycheck. The same can be said just about any of the old cast members (Dinklage and Aidan Gillen come to mind). Harrington and Clarke were never good (although I think Clarke was best in season 1, she made me believe she was frightened at least), which is a big shame because they're arguably playing the two most important characters. Combine that with gradually worsening writing and just a little less caring and you have exactly what we got. 

Urgh, the shields! Why does no one use them? We've seen many shields over the course of the show. Jon picks up a Mormont shield in his slow walk to Ramsey. Jon trains with them at Castle Black. Tyrion uses one on the trip to the Eyrie. Shields are a thing in Westeros. I will give the wildlings a break on this one, but did we see anyone in that battle actually using a shield? I mean aside from the slow moving shield wall that did not use flanking tactics to surround Jon's men.

12 minutes ago, teemo said:

Just watched some of the episode to watch Ramsay die.  I have to say....I already knew Clarke and Harrington (although a little better now) were bad actors....but what the hell?  Sophie Turner?  She is bad.  She doesn't change expressions ever, uses the same monotonous voice....she is truly awful.  From what I remember too, she really impressed me in season 1. What the hell happened?   

Yeah she was pretty decent in the first season, especially in the episode right after Ned's death. The same thing happened to Clarke, she wasn't that bad in the first season, but season 2 and on everything from her has been cringeworthy.

Sansa pissed me off. She withheld vital information and let a lot of people die needlessly so she could have some glory.   She thinks that war is entertainment.  Jon should have given Ramsay a public execution. Why did Ramsay send his cavalry 1st? They are the most valuable part of a medieval army. He needlessly sacrificed a lot of good men.   Roose didn't teach him much.

As more and more episodes go by the blatant disregard for the world's geography gets worse. The earlier seasons had a great pace. It took Jaime and entire damn season to get back to Kings Landing. Tyrion and Varys had at least a few episodes of traveling to get to Mereen. Now Theon and Yara yet from the Iron Islands to Mereen in about 30 minutes of show time from the last we saw them? The timeline of the show has become complete garbage.

Also. This episode was 100% predictable. Jon wins and all main characters on his side survive completely unscathed as if they had on the physical versions of plot armor.

I keep waiting for a decent payoff this season and I've pretty much lost all faith.

Oh... I thought of one more...

26. Regarding shields. The Bolton shield guys are standing in a semi circle.... and their shield wall has each shield either touching, or nearly touching the edge of the shield next to it.  That means the circumference of the circle is FIXED. Or in other words, you can't have all sides of the circle collapse inward like that, without changing the shape..... because there would be no damn room for the shields, let alone the spears being dropped between the shields.

3 hours ago, redtree said:

Sandra ?

Yeah. Haven't u been around here during the last episodes? Lady Mormont called Sansa Sandra and now it's the new nickname for boss-bitchy Sansa: Sandra.

3 hours ago, redtree said:

Oh no, Vale only moved because of LF not because of loyalty. Little Robin didn't seem to care about North until LF hyped it up

He knows that. That was sarcasm.

1 hour ago, Sir Drew said:

"I keep hearing stories about you, bastard. The way that people talk, you might be the greatest swordsman in the North."

So wait a tick, who exactly is telling these stories? Who? The Night's Watchmen? The wildlings? How would Ramsay know this?

Yeah I noticed that too. When King's Landing was able to learn news from all over the world, it was due to the omniscient Varys and his little birds. But what I hated is how news from the Wall and beyond also travelled to the rest of Westeros, despite the fact that it was almost completely isolated: no-one ever went up there (those who did stayed) and no-one from Night's Watch or the wildlings ever rode down south, except for the recruitors. I remember when Tywin knew back in Season 3 about Mance Rayder and his plan to attack the Wall and even contemplated sending someone to talk to him even though he had no actual fucking way of knowing any of that considering there wasn't any connection through which such information could travel.

I really want to puke when I see how ppl glorify this episode/battle and hence the whole season on the internet right now, always jabbing at ppl like us, who dare to critisize. 

So it only needs some -any- sort of action, and that's enough be called a brilliant show. I guess, that's the level the show got to at this point. 

That was absolutely horrible.
I wish I had time to read these 22 pages.
I didn't even feel anything when Ramsay died it was just a big nothingness, dragging out the prolonged thing that has been building up for the last season.
I wish I could feel some satisfaction from it but nothing. Just dislike for the farce this show has become.

No doubt the false pretence of peace in the North will prevail until season 7 ep 1 when everyone is like '0mg we just left teh nightz watch' and the White Walkers come and it all just starts again.
I'm surprised they didn't kill Tormond off just for a cheap trick (but obviously Rickon was enough for those who seriously thought he'd survive).

How does Jon, after seeing so many of his friends die, all the crap he has been through, just snap seeing Rickon die, knowing that this is probably the worst situation he could ever be in to do such a thing. When you drop something on train tracks you don't go and get it as the train is approaching!

It's so tiring seeing every battle ending with the third party's cavalry coming to the rescue last minute. Can we have one battle that is won by strategy and the armies who started the battle? Sorry we need to save that for Dany.

Yara and Theon travelling at light speed, I'm just glad they weren't the ones who broke the siege.

An entire series Direwolf CGI budget wasted so we can all see Daenerys mounting her Dragon, really?
I love that the Dragons can just break out their imprisonment at any time, sorry not any time, just the opportune times so all the 17yr old viewers watching with their mum and dads can all be like 'wow how cool! I can't wait to tweet about this!'

The foreshadowing is just out of control, have any of the writers heard of subtlety? I can probably accurately guess what is going to happen on the show based on the foreshadowing in this episode alone.

Any wtf happened to the ToJ? Maybe that'll be like the other 10 plot lines that just get forgotten.

Did I just watch what I just watched? Obviously from reading these forums I did.

I'm just waiting for Tyrion to jump a shark on jetskis in the Bay of Meereen, or did I already miss that part?

5 hours ago, Morna The Maid said:

None of this crap would be  happening if after 6 seasons and all the controversy, D/D would have responded by hiring ONE FEMALE WRITER for the show.

I can't imagine the experience she would have working in that frat house environment.

4 hours ago, Nami said:

the big white dog

I laughed.

4 hours ago, Rockroi said:

IWhy not have Samsa demand a head-man's block and a sword and executes Ramsey herself?  You know... LIKE A FUCKING STARK WOULD?!?!?!?!  NOPE!  The show has NO IDEA what this story is about anymore.  The show runners didn't get Stannis; they don't get Sansa; they don't get why battles matter; they don't know why Brienne is compelling; they don't know why some characters need to live and others should die... and they don't know why we liked these stories; why the books mattered.

Damn, I didn't think of that. It would've been SO fitting. And yes, to them the story is basically a bunch of words strung together but the important bits are blocked out because there's big dollar signs scribbled in sharpie all over it.

1 hour ago, Tijgy said:

(Bran only exists to tell who Jon's parents were)

Ouch. Even reading that hurt. But yeah I'm not so sure about that. His magic will be gratuitously used for whatever the plot demands next.

6 hours ago, SerMixalot said:

BTW is Emilia Clarke pregnant?

Ha ha - I wondered that at the start of the season.

Speaking of Clarke, is she competing with Dinklage to be the worst actor in the show. It's possible that seeing them together is worse than Tyrion with Miss Worm.

And my big fucking huge rant - Why would Ramsay's dogs eat him, even if they are fricken' starving? It has been previously established in the show just how much control he has over them - when their blood is up and they are on the hunt for the women he likes to abuse he can still make them sit and wait for his command to attack. He has total control of those animals. Having them eat him made Sansa's revenge feel cheap.

Archived