(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion

25 minutes ago, King Louis II (KLII) said:

Sorry, call me "Team Samsa" But I fail to see Samsa as a bitch as most people here. She went through hell, and became strong. I think people are reading too much on her intentions. I haven't seen her been as arrogant as Cersei, Asha, or even Dany. She was gentle with Brienne, Theon, and remember the scene of her eating at the Night Watch.  Why when a woman becomes strong she has to be called a "Bitch"?

? She was offered a huge army and turned it down.  She lied to Jon, never told him the Vale army was/may have been available, and then still criticizes him because they don't have enough men, um, hey Sansa, what about that giant Vale army that's already in the North? LOL.  How is this not both stupid and awful?  What's strong about getting your supporters and your  brother killed and almost getting your half brother killed because you told no one about the Vale?

Having thought it over it only becomes dumber that she didn't tell anyone.

Ramsay has the strongest army in the North. So people aren't likely to turn against him because they lack enough to win..

If Jon and Co said they had the Vale army at their side more Lords may have been like.. hmm these odds are better.

Maybe Karstark or the Umbers would have turned on Ramsey in battle.

4 minutes ago, Lord Syv Aldlark said:

Having thought it over it only becomes dumber that she didn't tell anyone.

Ramsay has the strongest army in the North. So people aren't likely to turn against him because they lack enough to win..

If Jon and Co said they had the Vale army at their side more Lords may have been like.. hmm these odds are better.

Maybe Karstark or the Umbers would have turned on Ramsey in battle.

I've been arguing that since the beginning as well.  I mean fuck-- it might have even shown that she'd LEARNED something from Littlefinger and Cersei and such.  Instead of relying on Baelish and being indebted to him for her power, she could have used the borrowed power of the Vale army to pressure the other Northern lords to her side.  What Northern house wants to stand aside while an outside army restores their lieges to power?  It's a disgrace to honor and also makes them look disloyal, which would give Sansa or Jon the ability to offer up their keeps away to all those Wildlings and Vale 3rd cousins looking for a place to establish themselves.  But nope-- she never attempts to use this to her advantage.  Yet somehow leaning on her Littlefinger crutch as her sole source of military power and never acquiring any kind of loyalty of her own from the Northern lords is being 'strong' and 'empowered'?  Please.

5 hours ago, Bastard of the Dreadfort said:

Why can't Rickon have one line? Hell, forget that, a single word? Does it cost so much for HBO to pay Art Parkinson to scream "JON! SAVE ME!" while running? Or does adding to dramatic tension extend beyond their budget this season?

I'll laugh my ass off if it ever comes out that he was paid for a non-speaking role for his return.

The writing was bad as always but at least the cinematography was amazing. Snoozefell aside, I'm really mad at how suddenly dragons obey Dany out of nothing, I wish she and her bond with her dragons would have gotten a development.

D&D, I come to you in High Grievance.

Mereen:  Short, choppy, poorly supported.  The scene with Dany and Yara was passable, the rest was garbage.  Particularly offensive was Tyrion's relentless bashing on Theon.  Because of the whore in WInterfell (Ros?) and the exchange as Tyrion was leaving? 

10,000 Dothraki arrive just in time to stop a dozen Sons of the Harpy.  Glad we got a payoff for that extended time in Vaes Dothrak.  We can surmise that they have their fleet now.  Mereen story has been off all season.  

In the North:  We continue to just not see Ghost in the North.  No explanation, no mitigating circumstances...Ghost is just gone.  I could look for some meaning, but its probably to save CGI money.  I suppose this supports my belief that Jon is not Jon post reanimation and never will be again.  His character was never great, but now is somehow even flatter.

The bizarre buried by bodies scene was set up by the preposterous phalanx surrounds your troops deal.  Sigh.  A phalanx can be a powerful infantry formation, but its one weakness of the phalanx is lack of mobility.  Except here!

Why, oh why, didn't they just let Jon beat Ramsey to death?  It would have been understandable, that act of violence.  Instead, we get "Lady Sandra" acting like a Bolton feeding a human to dogs.  I guess we know Sansa is some kind of killer badass now.  It seemed like this season they were trying to compare her to her mother, but there is no way Cat would have ever done anything like that crazy mess. 

Why was the action so fast, weirdly paced, and oddly shot that it reminded me of the Transformers movies where I had NO IDEA what was happening at times?  

In general, the violence was excessive.  That is not a problem in and of itself, I just didn't see where the excessive violence had any point.  Maybe D&D will say the excess violence underscores the horror of war.  Okay....fine. 

Everything in this episode was extremely dumb. No exceptions. I am honestly starting to think that the showrunners have decided to take the piss on the viewers and intentionally wrote the dumbest screenplays possible all season. Sansa not telling Jon about the Vale army was beyond dumb. And, of course, nobody called her out on it. That scene between Yara, Tyrion, Theon and Dany was some of the worst TV I'ver watched. Cringe-worthy throughout.

Everyone who makes a joke about a dwarf's height thinks he's the only person ever to make a joke about a dwarf's height.

WTF? This is on the level of the Bad Pussy line. Just horrendous dialogue throughout.

25 minutes ago, Apathetic Onlooker said:

"Oh-- you know what, take your innuendos and your tumblr logic back to where it belongs."   "So please, spare us all the white-knighting and the implied sexism where it doesn't fit. "

You mad?  Some people say that passionflower tea is good for the nerves my good Sir....

1 minute ago, Nerevanin said:

I noticed that too. Like, is that some kind of natural law of a battle, that the corpses pile themselves in a huge hill of corpses?

D&D said they read it somewhere in the Inside the Episode after it. Probably from a World of Warcraft fan fiction novel.

6 minutes ago, SuperMario said:

D&D said they read it somewhere in the Inside the Episode after it. Probably from a World of Warcraft fan fiction novel.

By read, they mean watched it somwhere.

They got drunk one night, watched 300, then watched Lord of the Rings and said I KNOW!!!

What uninspiring, bleak drivel. Showing the horrors of a battle is all well and good, but portraying the Stark restoration as a hopeless, doomed, pathetic cause that would have only ever ended in failure if not for the Vale and the Starks returning to Winterfell in a such a bland manner was a depressing waste. Nothing cathartic nor beautiful nor inspiring about the Starks reclaiming their home, whereas I think it is a relatively safe bet that once a Stark returns to Winterfell in the books it will be a beautiful, iconic moment. 

http://www.fandomfollowing.com/for-the-notwatch-game-of-thrones-6x09-recap/

This is gold.

"Jon also regards Rickon’s body with a momentary expression of sadness and conveniently forgets that there is a woman in his camp who is able to bring people back from the dead."

What I liked was the Stark banner on the walls of Winterfell. Starved for some Stark retribution...

2 hours ago, TeethGrinder said:

To be fair I think it's possible they'll kill him in the books too. At Theon's command.

Perhaps - but then it will feel dumb to me in the books also. I just didn't buy Ramsay's dogs eating him - and definitely not in the aggressive way they did. He had control of those animals. I'm not sure if he was cruel to them or not, it seems like they were the only thing he wasn't but perhaps he was. If he was cruel to them, then they may have turned on him, eventually - but they would not have done it quickly and aggressively.

Actually, the scene would have been far more impressive if Sansa just left him there with the dogs and he said, "they won't eat me'

She could have said, 'we'll see how hungry that get after another week, or another 2.'

Then she could leave and they could just show the dogs looking  at him and a hint of fear on his face.

Next episode they could revisit the cell and show the dogs have taken chunks out of him.

Would have felt more realistic and far less corny/comical.

1 minute ago, ummester said:

Perhaps - but then it will feel dumb to me in the books also. I just didn't buy Ramsay's dogs eating him - and definitely not in the aggressive way they did. He had control of those animals. I'm not sure if he was cruel to them or not, it seems like they were the only thing he wasn't but perhaps he was. If he was cruel to them, then they may have turned on him, eventually - but they would not have done it quickly and aggressively.

Actually, the scene would have been far more impressive if Sansa just left him there with the dogs and he said, "they won't eat me'

She could have said, 'we'll see how hungry that get after another week, or another 2.'

Then she could leave and they could just show the dogs looking  at him and a hint of fear on his face.

Next episode they could revisit the cell and show the dogs have taken chunks out of him.

Would have felt more realistic and far less corny/comical.

It would of been better if Ramsay thought she was feeding him to his dogs and was like "My dogs will never hurt me"

Sansa goes "We got rid of your dogs but I wonder how my wolf feels" then we see Ghost is the one in the cell and he eats Ramsay

Just now, Stannis is the man....nis said:

It would of been better if Ramsay thought she was feeding him to his dogs and was like "My dogs will never hurt me"

Sansa goes "We got rid of your dogs but I wonder how my wolf feels" then we see Ghost is the one in the cell and he eats Ramsay

Yes, that would have been excellent - or Ghost mauling his dogs and then him, proof the starks were back.

3 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

Be happy that Ghost wasn't used in this episode. Better that than Ramsay killing him with one arrow or some shit.

Archived