(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion

On 20 June 2016 at 9:29 AM, LulaMae Barnes said:

And of course Davos goes to find the wooden stag amongst Shireens ashes and pyre - how did a WOODEN toy survive a fire?

And how are the remains of the pyre still there after all the time that has passed?  We are constantly reminded of the harsh weather and winds in the north, yet those charred logs are still in a neat pile?

I found Sansa on the show to be sort of arrogant and bratty.  I feel like she thinks she's ready to be a big deal, but she doesn't have the tools. Yes, the Vale came, but they were stationed at Moat C (or at least approaching) early this season.  Her dismissal of LF could have easily cost Team Jon/Sansa for no benefit other than her arrogance.  I get the feeling that bring the Vale might end up being a misstep, probably from reading this site too much.  I think she thinks she can talk the talk, but doesn't fully understand about walking the walk, admittedly at a young age.  Semi-hubris before the fall.  And I think her character has been pretty uneven this season, ranging from we need to attack WF to we shouldn't attack WF to wanting to attack WF. 

12 hours ago, Nami said:

That's because most people nowadays have no idea what feminism stands for
even the ones that call themselves feminists, as you can see most of them fall for this bait

Yeah, I see a lot of them falling for it on tumblr. I am a book Sansa fan so I was pissed by what they've done to this character on the show. Some Sansa fans are so blind to any flaws for the Show version that they actually had the gall to say Sansa killing Ramsay by dogs, was the Old Way. I was livid. No. The old way does not involve strapping a prisoner to a chair and having vicious dogs tear them apart. Oh, so she looked him in the eyes. That's not enough. And again only her vengeance mattered. The Old Way would have been done in public, in the light of day, with the Northern families  there (the ones who lost people in the red wedding) as well as the smallfolk who had been terrorized by Ramsay. Because that would have actually been cathartic for everyone damaged by the Boltons, it would have shown that Sansa and Jon are true to the Stark principles and are setting things back the right way. This would have been an actually empowering moment for her because she would be saying the words and showing herself as a leader, a protector of her people. This moment in the dungeon was only about her, and I'm sorry she wasn't the only one harmed by this man and his family.

On 6/22/2016 at 3:55 AM, Nami said:

What bothered me the most about the battle in the north was the sudden mountain of bodies...I mean that was too much
Of course in medieval battles corpses piled up, but to actually form a mountain?

I saw something like that only on the photographs made after the siege  of Stalingrad. There were tanks in that battle of course, but if Ramsay can have Roman or Macedonian phalanx, maybe he secretly has a tank or two secretly stashed somewhere, who knows :dunno:

Amazing minor actors that have appeared in lots of critically acclaimed BBC dramas are on this show....  Too bad almost all of the main actors suck or are just "pretty good."  The main actors should be AMAZING in a show this big, not just "yeah, they're definitely a good actor, just not incredible."  That really is not enough.   Pretty much every critically acclaimed show has a powerhouse cast.  Even some pretty bad shows have a better cast than GoT. 

4 minutes ago, teemo said:

Amazing minor actors that have appeared in lots of critically acclaimed BBC dramas are on this show....  Too bad almost all of the main actors suck or are just "pretty good."  The main actors should be AMAZING in a show this big, not just "yeah, they're definitely a good actor, just not incredible."  That really is not enough.   Pretty much every critically acclaimed show has a powerhouse cast.  Even some pretty bad shows have a better cast than GoT.

Yeah, I would have kept the original actress that played Dany. She's much better. I would have switched out Sophie Turner for Eleanor Tomlinson.  I would have switched out Kit for Tom Payne. I would have kept Margery closer to her book age and cast someone like Adelaide Kane.

18 minutes ago, Steelegrave said:

Never said I was but I would like to be friends as well.

:grouphug:

So long as you don't start worshipping the ground D&Der walk on we should be good.

You're only 89 posts in-- for all I know you'll come to appreciate their creative drive and passion. 

4 hours ago, yakisikli123 said:

What do you expext from Jon. He wanted to save Rickon and couldnt ride backwards. He did the right thing

Riding forward was the only choice. It also motivated his army. Maybe Sansa thought Jon is dead and they waited until the end to attack Ramsey. She now can be the queen. You can be happy Sansa fans.

I don't think Jon did the wrong thing in riding to save Rickon. 

If the show happened in a universe where characters actions were driven by common sense or by their motivations and not by plot, Rickon would have zig zagged and Jon would have been able to bring him back, alive. 

Though then again, if common sense was a thing in this show I don't think Ramsay would have been so stupid to release the Stark heir just like that. 

But they needed to make Jon fall for RamsaySue schemes. Stark honor and love for family are dumb and must be punished. 

8 minutes ago, LadyDoom said:

I don't think Jon did the wrong thing in riding to save Rickon. 

If the show happened in a universe where characters actions were driven by common sense or by their motivations and not by plot, Rickon would have zig zagged and Jon would have been able to bring him back, alive. 

Though then again, if common sense was a thing in this show I don't think Ramsay would have been so stupid to release the Stark heir just like that. 

But they needed to make Jon fall for RamsaySue schemes. Stark honor and love for family are dumb and must be punished. 

I personally think they killed off Rickon just so he wouldn't prevent Jon from becoming "king in the North". If Rickon had stayed alive, the northern lords would have had to declare for Rickon instead of Jon.

Archived