(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion

I love how Jon had blood all over his face and Tormund who was fighting as well, meet up with him all clean
but who cares, DRAGONSS

I love how in a realistic setting, an army would probably turn around and flee when watching their commander act so fucking stupid as to charge alone in a open field when a battle is about to begin, letting his emotions completely get a hold of him. This guy will lead the war against the WW LMAO

Oh also, he would get killed in 5 min max by the 400 arrows flying towards him
but who cares, DRAGOONNSS

See, I can't help thinking about the whole nudity thing, it's the same thing. There was way too much criticism that he show only showed tits and merkins, not enough male nudity. This offended Dave and Dan's delicate Frat Boy sensibilities, so they decided to SHOVE IT IN OUR FACE literally in the most offensive way, "you want the guys to suffer?" (as if it was suffering) "OK here's an extreme close-up with an STD thrown in, There, you feminazis happy?" Then a couple episodes later, we're in Volantis,  back with an sea of nice looking tits flopping all over. Mr Frat Boyz are just totally incapable of how offensive it is for people to see All Tits All The Time, just b/c a female breast presents a physically prettier body part onscreen then male genitals. *facepalm" LOOKS have nothing to do with it.

And surprise, women don't want to see ALL the men reduced to either stupid, boring, brutish, offensive, passive etc at the cost of making women strong. That way their "agency"means nothing.

Now, same about the "empowered women" plot this season. "Oh, rape is offensive to you? Our favorite whipping girl Sansa is someone you actually care about? OH THE HORROR. let's fix this by giving you a bunch of Boss Ass Bitches who do the most despicable, annoying, bitchy, selfish things ever. We can't have women just be normal people, they're either delicate sweet flowers or Empowered Bitches. There? Empowerment enough for you? We thought so." Wanna bet next season we see men restored to their proper heroic place, while women become nice again (except for Sansa, D/D's Favorite Bitch) BUT at the price of their individuality and agency.

None of this crap would be  happening if after 6 seasons and all the controversy, D/D would have responded by hiring ONE FEMALE WRITER for the show.

3 hours ago, Darren Allen said:

I'm normally pretty critical, but that episode was epic.

I could quibble about a few minor details (Dany-Greyjoy meeting was blah, Vale entry could've been more dramatic), but damn... that was a great episode. Maybe the best hour of television ever.

I thought this was a solid episode for GoT (besides no Ghost and how well trained the Bolton army was, which seemed unbelievably unrealistic), but to say this is the best hour of television ever...hahahaha. That's just comical

2 minutes ago, Nami said:

I love how Jon had blood all over his face and Tormund who was fighting as well, meet up with him all clean
but who cares, DRAGONSS

I love how in a realistic setting, an army would probably turn around and flee when watching their commander act so fucking stupid as to charge alone in a open field when a battle is about to begin, letting his emotions completely get a hold of him. This guy will lead the war against the WW LMAO

Oh also, he would get killed in 5 min max by the 400 arrows flying towards him
but who cares, DRAGOONNSS

400 arrows and no shield.  Seriously, did anyone on Team Jon carry a shield into the battle?

The biggest problem now with the show is how utterly conventional Hollywood it has become. 

Everything that happened in this this episode was obvious and predictable, formulaic and cliche, like your typical Hollywood fare, where one can tell how the story will end 5 minutes in.

There is no intrigue, no suspense, no mystery. 

That's no matter how well shot it is, it's still boring , because we all know exactly how it was going to play out.

6 minutes ago, Morna The Maid said:

Yes, it's official: D/D have accomplished their goal of turning show Sansa into book Cersei, and turning show Cersei into book Sansa.

Next week, in contrast to Sansa the Bitch, we're going to get Cersei the Hero: "Badass who takes out her enemies with one single evul blast/cut to "OMG my poor sweet son" a la Lady Crane going all SHAKESPEARE over "sweet dead Joffey" (sweet dead Tommen)  Wanna make a bet that he lands on the hard stone ground after jumping out that window without so much as a splat, a la Myranda. And Lady Crane will hold nothing on the Real Deal as she tearfully cradles Tommen's miraculously intact body. The audience will be weeping into their iced tea, for all the dead but her most of all, and oh the MUSIC.

After we know that the Indestructble (and totally unified) trio of Cersei, Qyburn and Mountain will be the last ones standing after all the rubble settles. And Jamie will blame the Tyrells of course instead of his Sweetling Sister.

Yep, Fansa is book Cersei, only at least Cersei didn't have a pimp. Fansa is nothing without her pimp.

You called it. The music, too. It's so melodramatic, over the top. The sad violins, as Lady Crane cries the tears for Tommen that Fansa could never cry for Rickon. Rickon who.

Just now, Morna The Maid said:

See, I can't help thinking about the whole nudity thing, it's the same thing. There was way too much criticism that he show only showed tits and merkins, not enough male nudity. This offended Dave and Dan's delicate Frat Boy sensibilities, so they decided to SHOVE IT IN OUR FACE literally in the most offensive way, "you want the guys to suffer?" (as if it was suffering) "OK here's an extreme close-up with an STD thrown in, There, you feminazis happy?" Then a couple episodes later, we're in Volantis,  back with an sea of nice looking tits flopping all over. Mt Frat Boyz are just totally incapable of how offensive it is for people to see All Tits All The Time, just b/c a female breast presents a phyisically prettier body part onscreen then male genitals. *facepalm" LOOKS have nothing to do with it.

Now, same about the "empowered women" plot this season. "Oh, rape is offensive to you? Our favorite whipping girl Sansa is someone you actually care about? OH THE HORROR. let's fix this by giving you a bunch of Boss Ass Bitches who do the most despicable, annoying, bitchy, selfish things ever. We can't have women just be normal people, they're either delicate sweet flowers or Empowered Bitches. There? Empowerment enough for you? We thought so." Wanna bet next season we see men restored to their proper heroic place, while women become nice again (except for Sansa, D/D's Favorite Bitch) BUT at the price of their individuality and agency.

None of this crap would be  happening if after 6 seasons and all the controversy, D/D would have responded by hiring ONE FEMALE WRITER for the show.

I think the only time I recall seeing tasteful male nudity on the show was back when that blond guy was banging Loras. Then again Loras has been woefully neglected so far despite being a strong, powerful presence in the books. In the show he's pretty much reduced to a walking sexuality.

8 minutes ago, Morna The Maid said:

Yes, it's official: D/D have accomplished their goal of turning show Sansa into book Cersei, and turning show Cersei into book Sansa.

Next week, in contrast to Sansa the Bitch, we're going to get Cersei the Hero: "Badass who takes out her enemies with one single evul blast/cut to "OMG my poor sweet son" a la Lady Crane going all SHAKESPEARE over "sweet dead Joffey" (sweet dead Tommen)  Wanna make a bet that he lands on the hard stone ground after jumping out that window without so much as a splat, a la Myranda. And Lady Crane will hold nothing on the Real Deal as she tearfully cradles Tommen's miraculously intact body. The audience will be weeping into their iced tea, for all the dead but her most of all, and oh the MUSIC.

They basically managed to turn every female main character into some kind of power-mad,vile and preposterous harpy - to some extent even the gentle,kind-hearted Brienne - everyone except Cersei.

The poor grieving Cersei is just someone we pity and feel sorry for - because everyone is so unfair to her and nobody understands her love&loyalty towards her family.....blahblahblah...

What is wrong with D&D?

Why on earth Sansa kept the Vale army a secret? What was the reason? Had she told them, Jon and prty could have planned the battle accordingly and could have minimized the damage. On top of all that she was bitching about not having enough men.

When they were surrounded by the shield wall, why did no one try to pull the lances? And Wun-Wun could have simply wiped out a large portion of them. If that had happened, the guys forming the wall would have broken and run.

They wanted to make Sansa+LF saviors and made every on else an idiot to make that happen.It feels like each episode is like a Monty Python sketch where actors assume entirely different characters in each sketch.

3 minutes ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

The biggest problem now with the show is how utterly conventional Hollywood it has become. 

Everything that happened in this this episode was obvious and predictable, formulaic and cliche, like your typical Hollywood fare, where one can tell how the story will end 5 minutes in.

That's no matter how well shot it is, it's still boring , because we all know exactly how it was going to play out.

Agree completely

At the end of the episode, when Sandra was walking towards the camera, I actually said "I bet she's gonna smirk", and guess what, she did!

1 minute ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

To be fair, it's something that plagues the books too where the likes of Dany and Jon are concerned. They get away with doing really stupid things whilst other characters endure major consequences for even the smallest slight or mistake. Both the show and novels unfortunately moved away from intrigue in favour of shoehorning in the high fantasy elements that now overshadow it.

I'm actually a huge fan of fantasy. Yet in this setting I don't care for it at all. King's Landing and the politics surrounding the throne drew me in.

1 minute ago, Graeham said:

To be fair, it's something that plagues the books too where the likes of Dany and Jon are concerned. They get away with doing really stupid things whilst other characters endure major consequences for even the smallest slight or mistake. Both the show and novels unfortunately moved away from intrigue in favour of shoehorning in the high fantasy elements that now overshadow it.

I'm actually a huge fan of fantasy. Yet in this setting I don't care for it at all. King's Landing and the politics surrounding the throne drew me in.

Can I be critical for a moment?

While Jon and Dany and many other POVs do have a fair share of plot armor. As it stands in book Jon is dying/dead and Dany failed capturing and keeping Meeran and slavers bay fantastically. They've both loss their loves due to mistakes and the world generally being uncaring of their feelings. 

Both also had their fair share of hurdles to jump as well. 

In my opinion the only person in the book who has the biggest plot armor is Tyrion.

3 hours ago, LadyDoom said:

Worst thing is, all this pandering to appease feminists with Sansa story arc and she's nothing but LF puppet anyway.

If you think this is feminism you're delusional. This is just utter crap and poor writing, the writers have no idea what feminism is.

1 minute ago, Graeham said:

That's where you're wrong, GRRM didn't have Jon march on Winterfell, he had Stannis do it, and part of why he did it was precisely so the reader would not know who'd win.

Archived