(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion

9 minutes ago, PCK said:

This is basically Blackwater Northern Edition,

The badly done edition - the more boring edition - the warmed up battle.

With exactly the same amount of snow as in season 2, but more gore. And unfortunately: more Sansa.

I hated the conversation between Asha/Yara and Dany. Girls on top, blah blah blah, we get it.

It's pretty bad when you make feminists roll their eyes and say 'enough with the agenda'. It's not like they're doing it well or anything.

I guess the spoilers about the battle had some correct parts, consistent with an extra who saw things from afar without having access to a script or context. I was disappointed the dog thing was true too, just because I felt like Ramsay should have been slowly flayed and left to starve.

Just now, LulaMae Barnes said:

The badly done edition - the more boring edition - the warmed up battle.

With exactly the same amount of snow as in season 2, but more gore. And unfortunately: more Sansa.

I read up on what was going to happen the week before the Blackwater episode aired, it was still entertaining as could be. This was a bore and predictable. I kept asking when the Vale was going to show up.

1 minute ago, DarkerStar said:

Can anyone explain to me why Sansa couldn't just tell Jon about the Valemen? It really makes no sense. If Jon had known to expect them they could have done a number of things different. Empowering Sansa just made me hate her more.

Because they're showing that LF has influenced Sansa and she's now keeping secrets and making power moves.

In-show there is zero logic.

I just can't stand Tyrion. I still don't understand how he managed to be so influent. He hasn't done ~anything~ to gain Dany's trust, besides showing up at the small council and drinking while telling a joke.

And after the whole feminist agenda, Dany asks for his approval to seal the deal with Yara?? Come on.

Yes the battle was actually well done and pretty epic..

BUT FUCK THIS. HERE IT COMES.

So Sansa is some fucking hero now? No. Fuck that that is complete and utter bullshit.

She withheld information of an army that is larger than Ramseys by a huge margin especially when combined with Jons all to prove how smart she is?

NO THAT IS FUCKING DUMB.. NOW THEY LOST THE MAJORITY OF THEIR NORTH FORCE.

Just now, DarkerStar said:

Can anyone explain to me why Sansa couldn't just tell Jon about the Valemen? It really makes no sense. If Jon had known to expect them they could have done a number of things different. Empowering Sansa just made me hate her more.

:agree:That little smirk at the end made me say "fuck you Sansa!". If she had just told Jon and Davos about the fucking Vale army. next episode better have a fucking scene were Jon asks Sansa how fucking long she has known about the Vale army being in the North or I am going to break the world.

My god, that entire "circle around them and stay there" part was bad, first off....how bad are the commanders for not seeing these slow ass shield dudes get that advantage, did NOBODY SEE THAT SHIT HAPPENING?? Second off, was there hills there before the battle? If not, how the F did a mountain of dead bodies 10 feet high or more just appear out of no where? Third, Rickon....zig zag man, zig zag. Why run straight? Are you stupid? No? You say it's just dumb writing? Ah, gotcha. 

I was afraid they were gonna make Jon Snow out to be an idiot after seeing him argue with Sansa in the promo, and it indeed they did.  Charging in alone when  Ramsay baited him (after Sansa's warning and everything!)....ugh  <_<    

Aside from being pissed off about that it was a good episode.  

I know people will find it epic but I can't. 

Little finger saving the day is insult to injury, Sansa not telling her plans to Jon is just despicable, she riled him up to fight, reminded him what Ramsay would do to her, threw Rickon in his face and then she acts on her own. If she had said something earlier the fight might have gone a different way, less casualties. 

Rickon's death felt so dumb to me, he just ran in straight line? really? how dumb are you boy? Sansa didn't even seem to care about Rickon or anything other than revenge. and now she will go back to Little finger like an idiot. Can't care less about these girls on power stupid themes this season, and I'm a girl, but she's just doing stupid stuff. 

The fight was messy and depressing, just showed how useless Jon has become. I really can't forgive what has become of Jon. I grew to admire and respect him so much through the books, I don't know who this guy is. 

I guess now he will find out about his parents down in the crypts. but I can't care any less. 

I can't stand Dany in book or show anymore so I wouldn't have any positive opinion on Meereen regardless.

The retaking of Winterfell after all this long, after all the Starks have been through should have felt more climatic, I think it was the opposite, at least to me. No music, no pause to admire the banner. It was just like any other meaningless moment. 

ok rant over. thank you for this thread. 

Just now, Nymeria Stone said:

I just can't stand Tyrion. I still don't understand how he managed to be so influent. He hasn't done ~anything~ to gain Dany's trust, besides showing up at the small council and drinking while telling a joke.

And after the whole feminist agenda, Dany asks for his approval to seal the deal with Yara?? Come on.

YES. That's what really got my goat. Boring 'we're women in a men's world' dialogue we've heard half a hundred times between various female characters and then at the end Dany LOOKS TO TYRION before she'll shake with Asha. I think it was meant to be more of a 'checking his reaction before I finalise the deal' glance but it came across as a 'better ask Tyrion if this is okay' thing.

2 minutes ago, Lord Syv Aldlark said:

Yes the battle was actually well done and pretty epic..

BUT FUCK THIS. HERE IT COMES.

So Sansa is some fucking hero now? No. Fuck that that is complete and utter bullshit.

She withheld information of an army that is larger than Ramseys by a huge margin especially when combined with Jons all to prove how smart she is?

NO THAT IS FUCKING DUMB.. NOW THEY LOST THE MAJORITY OF THEIR NORTH FORCE.

Yup and it's really Sansa's fault. She both pushed Jon into battle and turned away the Vale at first.

You know what I hate? Sansa. She didn't tell Jon about the Vale army, cost hundreds of lives, and gets to look the hero riding up with Littlefinger with the Vale army while Jon looks pathetic and fighting for his life. I really hated that. I was hopeful my for her character to be redeemed but even in the previews for the last episode... Just nope. This is my opinion. 

Archived