(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion

1 minute ago, Lord Syv Aldlark said:

It's the chaos of battle. It used to happen a lot more than you would think. In a quick 30 minute battle it seems that way. The only ridiculous part is the freaking body mountains all put in one spot.

So that was really just dead bodies? Not hills at all helping that? Makes it even worse.

1 minute ago, Lord Hanna said:

So that was really just dead bodies? Not hills at all helping that? Makes it even worse.

Yeah they were too small and weren't visible before to be small knolls. They were legit the bodies of the first initial contact yet perfectly mounded to stop a retreat.. 

1 minute ago, Lord Hanna said:

I'm asking how a commander on a battle field doesn't see the shield formation happening, especially in the battle we just saw, when the camera clearly showed the shield people walking really, really slowly every time we saw them. It's not like it was 3 people, it was an entire formation. Hard to not spot. Especially davos who was running towards it all and just got there as they closed in on the circle.

My comment related to your question re: piles of bodies. Something that happened at the battle of Agincourt. 

48 minutes ago, The Golden Wolf said:

know what would have looked very impressive standing there with Dany in the Throne room while meeting Yara and Theon? Ser Barristan "The Muthafuggin' Bold" Selmy and the Queensguard

Thought of Barry when Davos said he likes to walk before a battle.

1 minute ago, Forlong the Fat said:

My comment related to your question re: piles of bodies. Something that happened at the battle of Agincourt. 

No way. In Agincourt yes.That was a battle 20,000+ strong.

And they mounded up because the cavalry couldn't push forward.

In the show conflict both forces cavalry collide and break into scattered fighting. Hence the bodies should be strewn not mounded.

Everyone seems to be missing this. 

Ramsey wouldn't come out and fight against the vale army. He wasn't that stupid. So if Sansa would have told Jon about the vale, he would have waited. And there would have been a long seige. And Sansa told Jon not to do the predictable. And she didn't. The only way to draw Ramsey out of the castle was to entice him with the windlings.  

I can't wait for the books..........

6 minutes ago, LadyDoom said:

Worst thing is, all this pandering to appease feminists with Sansa story arc and she's nothing but LF puppet anyway. 

I really hate Sansa now. 

Same with Dany. Painted as a girl power pro-feminist with agency but then checks with Tyrion. They're subverting their own message without realising it. They think rape as empowerment is a serious and useful trope so I'm hardly surprised they're so ham-fisted with their message.

The whole thing with the Vale knights and the orders to the troops so The Twin Towers to me. No doubt that was deliberate, the same way they deliberately referenced the Terminator last week.

Just now, SixFeetUnder said:

Ramsey wouldn't come out and fight against the vale army. He wasn't that stupid. So if Sansa would have told Jon about the vale, he would have waited. And there would have been a long seige. And Sansa told Jon not to do the predictable. And she didn't. The only way to draw Ramsey out of the castle was to entice him with the windlings.  

Why would Ramsey know? If she had told Jon the night they made camp he could have sent her and then still parleyed with Ramsey.

Then day of battle once Boltons army is out in the open the Vale comes in from the flank. Ramsey can try and retreat but we no way his army would make it back without getting run down first.

No way. In Agincourt yes.That was a battle 20,000+ strong.

And they mounded up because the cavalry couldn't push forward.

In the show conflict both forces cavalry collide and break into scattered fighting. Hence the bodies should be strewn not mounded.

Ok. The show portrays a battle consistent with historic reports of a a similar battle. Not good enough for you because you think there weren't enough people in your estimation.

Any reasonable person knows where your head is. 

Just now, SixFeetUnder said:

Why? Jon would have agreed Ramsay wouldn't fight the Vale, they could have still tricked him. but she didn't even TRUST him to tell him that info. I think it's still really annoying, she's accusing him and demanding things from him but she doesn't trust him. She wants him to fight for their home to give his life for it but withholds such valid information. 

I think Sansa used Jon and Rickon to get her revenge. might have worked out for her in the end, but I can't applaud her anyway. 

Why would Ramsey know? If she had told Jon the night they made camp he could have sent her and then still parleyed with Ramsey.

Then day of battle once Boltons army is out in the open the Vale comes in from the flank. Ramsey can try and retreat but we no way his army would make it back without getting run down first.

He wouldn't have done that formation. He wanted alive prisoners. So he can skin them. He would have fought the battle differently. And the results still could have been very different. 

Shit they took what could have been a brilliant scene; in which they skip over the little battle planning and the audience is going oh man what's going to happen, what is going to happen?

Then do the Rickon scene and Jon do his freak out and bam the Vale army comes over the same hill like what up? And proceed from there.

Archived