Littlefinger

Foodini

So what do most people think Show LittleFinger Plan/Goals are??? The way I see it he wants to marry Sansa and claim the North, with the ultimate goal of claim the 7K.

But anyway back on topic, if the rumors are true about Jon I don't see LF getting the North. But his surviablity is really hard to make out. Its pretty obvious hes not gonna get the North, so I guess he just heads down south??

2 hours ago, tinka10 said:

True! I don't think he'll kill Sansa though. He has affection for her, and he must know how little power the Lannister's and Cercei have now. So why kill her when he could use her to climb the ladder further?

that's why I wrote "stage up" i.e make it up.

Littlefinger has personal reasons for keeping Sansa alive, but does he have any use for Jon or the paltry few wildlings who survived the battle?

I think it all hinges on whether LF is ready to openly defy the crown. He still has plausible deniability over Sansa, after all -- no one outside the Vale knows that she was ever there, and since the Vale lords were let in on the secret it's not like they can go squealing to Cersei.

But I don't think he's ready to break with the king. As someone mentioned above he has one of the few intact armies in Westeros, so I don't think he's willing to risk it in a direct confrontation with Frey-Tully-Lannister just yet. But that equation might change if something bad were to happen to Frey...

So if this is the case, then I think he has only one choice: he has to slaughter Jon and the remnants of his army and then take Sansa prisoner and hider her way somewhere. In this way he can report to the crown that he accomplished his mission: Defeat the winner of the Bolton-Stannis battle (fortunately he caught the Boltons out in the open as they were trying to put down a small northern insurrection) and bring the king's peace to the north as the new warden. Sadly, there was no sign of Sansa Stark, but he has men out scouring the countryside for her.

Of course, if he is ready to break with the crown, then sure, leave Jon as KotN and keep Sansa in reserve as the next Lady of Riverrun.

There is a problem here for Littlefinger. Right now Winterfell has Stark banners again. I doubt that could qualify for Cersei as taking Winterfell back from the Boltons. If anything that will make her more furious that Littlefinger openly betray her and help Sansa. Also Jaime knows where Sansa is right now. I also doubt that Cersei would not learn that the Vale army helped the Starks in reclaiming their home.

Sansa cannot leave for the south since she is wanted for murdering Joffrey. The Lannisters have more immediate concerns in the King's Landing than moving North. The Freys are cowards as always, so they will do what they always do, nothing.

Littlefinger is more cornered now than ever. Vale army is not his to command. I bet Rodin likes his cousin more than he likes Littlefinger. He broke his uneasy alliance with Cersei. And that comes after he studly threaten her in the 2nd season episode “The North Remembers”.

As I said before, how on earth is he still alive?

By the end of this season, the Lannister-Tyrell alliance will be dead. The Freys will be left without an ally and Jaime will probably flee to the Westerlands after killing Cersei with an identity crisis. (If the Wildfire explosion and suicide of tommen is true)

Which will mean CHAOS. And who thrives in chaos? Offing an unpopular house with no allies should be easy, especially for the master of plots. He has a battle hardened army, a ''legendary'' commander and a tully relative up his sleeve.

Just killing Walder Frey with poison or something should plunge the frey household in chaos and make their lands and castle ripe for the taking. 

Using Jaime's promise to Caitlyn to give him a guilt trip to Sansa should give him indirect power over 4 of the seven kingdoms.........

Am I the only one worried for Littlefinger next episode? Around the 44 second mark of the second trailer he looks pretty anxious in the Gods Wood plus RadioWesteros has laid out a decent case for Sansa having him killed at Winterfell. The only thing that sort of puts me at ease is the fact that Baelish has hardly appeared this season so the death of a major character without proper buildup would seem off. Then again D&D are very capable of making things seem off. 

1 hour ago, Kingslayah said:

Am I the only one worried for Littlefinger next episode? Around the 44 second mark of the second trailer he looks pretty anxious in the Gods Wood plus RadioWesteros has laid out a decent case for Sansa having him killed at Winterfell. The only thing that sort of puts me at ease is the fact that Baelish has hardly appeared this season so the death of a major character without proper buildup would seem off. Then again D&D are very capable of making things seem off. 

I honestly don't know why Sansa would want to kill LF. I mean he did get her out of kings landing and away from the Lannisters (good thing). Yes i know the whole marriage to psychopath thing but he only set that up, he didn't force her to do it, and now he's saved her and Jon, helped them reclaim WF and kill Ramsay. So what reason would she have to off him??

LittleFinger is a good guy.  He just makes the best of what he is given - he always makes the pragmatic choice.

Ned would have died anyways - the gold cloaks were already bought off, and the Lannisters had more gold than anyone.

LittleFinger supports gay rights too.

I hope LittleFinger ends up in control of the 7 kingdoms at the end of the story.

50 minutes ago, nymeria_2321 said:

I honestly don't know why Sansa would want to kill LF. I mean he did get her out of kings landing and away from the Lannisters (good thing). Yes i know the whole marriage to psychopath thing but he only set that up, he didn't force her to do it, and now he's saved her and Jon, helped them reclaim WF and kill Ramsay. So what reason would she have to off him??

I don't get it either.  But the watchers of the show seem to think that Sansa knows everything that LittleFinger did, and that whatever he did was evil.

3 hours ago, DanïelNorth said:

By the end of this season, the Lannister-Tyrell alliance will be dead. The Freys will be left without an ally and Jaime will probably flee to the Westerlands after killing Cersei with an identity crisis. (If the Wildfire explosion and suicide of tommen is true)

Which will mean CHAOS. And who thrives in chaos? Offing an unpopular house with no allies should be easy, especially for the master of plots. He has a battle hardened army, a ''legendary'' commander and a tully relative up his sleeve.

Just killing Walder Frey with poison or something should plunge the frey household in chaos and make their lands and castle ripe for the taking. 

Using Jaime's promise to Caitlyn to give him a guilt trip to Sansa should give him indirect power over 4 of the seven kingdoms.........

Good analysis. Add in the Freys will collapse after

Spoiler

a poisoning scene by Arya

So Lannisters in collapse, Freys in collapse, Tullys won't be hostile to Starks

Spoiler

Blackfish survives and will obviously help Sansa

LF has the Vale under control, and will be viewed well by the Northern lords as LF won the battle. Those lords rrespect success more than anything.

Varys will sort out Dorne.

The way is clear for LF to go into his second stage plan: the Iron Throne. Next season.

Not sure what Jaime will do after he's lost everything though. Maybe try a claim of his own? Or run off into madness.

Up to this point we know that Petyr Baelish is not only a good strategic thinker, but he has also aspirations to climb to the top of the career ladder, he wants a title that makes him a real sovereign if possible. These aspirations he revealed in his negotiations with Cercei (Harrenhal, Riverlands, Warden of the North..., what does he not want?). This is very different from Varys who does not aim for such things, Varys likes to stay in the shaddows, but not only in order to hide something, its just his nature and he is happy with serving in general. I think Littlefinger is likely to die earlier, maybe. How greedy is Petyr, the brothel keeper realy? Is he vain, is he resentful? How will he react towards Sansa's refusal?

Many open questions, which makes him a valuable character for the show and the storytelling. I think he'll definitely survive this season!

1 hour ago, nymeria_2321 said:

Well he is being extra creepy in the promo. Could be he overreaches there and forces Sansa's hand.

I don't think she would necessarily get him killed but I do think there's a chance she gets him removed from his position of power over the Vale Knights via Royce, if he's around. Or possibly she just blackmails him to make him go back to the Vale? She may not want him dead but I don't think she wants him meddling with WF affairs. And we already know

Spoiler

Jon becomes KitN which I doubt is something LF wanted, so something definitely doesn't go according to plan for him.

On June 20, 2016 at 10:41 AM, Warsaw said:

Well, there is a certain someone travelling North, who knows for a fact that Littlefinger betrayed Ned and played a crucial part in his downfall. So  call me a hopeless fool, but I think D&D will tie that knot. Consequences of that are predictable.

Oh, who would that be?

If there is an episode where Littlefinger gets killed, it should be episode 10.  Too many open plotholes are there for him to fall through.  Front and foremost the lie of Ramsey kidnapping Sansa. 

With the amount of plot armor LF has though, Sansa will lie to protect him, marry Sweetrobin, declare Ramsey's child of rape is Robin's, shove Robin and Royce out the Moondoor, and marry Digitus Ex Machina, uniting the Vale and the North.

Then LF goes back to KL, tells Cersei he has 'proof' Sansa wasn't involved and it was actually the High Sparrow, working with Marge, who murdered Joff.  

As I was saying in a similar thread, I found interesting that in the 6x10 preview, we have Sansa asking LF 'what do you want?' (something Ned never did). She has clearly absorbed Tyrion's lesson here, because he's the one who is constantly guessing what people might want and asking people 'what do you want?' (Bronn, Varys, Shagga&co etc. etc.) in order to understand their flaws, outsmart them, align his goals with theirs and win them over.

Knowing what LF wants, she will have the chance to use his weakness to her own advantage. I don't think she'll marry him (unless she has already planned to kill him) but she might be procrastinating or giving him false hope.

If she just plainly turned him down in the next episode saying she doesn't love him, I would be disappointed with D&D because that would be out of character, that would be what a S1 Stark would do… an emotional, honest choice men like Jon and Ned would make, not the 'new' Sansa… and truly a bad choice strategically (she needs all the allies she can get now). So either she kills him and manages to cover it up with Robyn and have his help (but I don't see why she should now), or - more likely - she finds a way to keep him by her side without giving him what he wants but without denying him either.

About the reasons for her to kill him (not now, later in the series whe she won't need him anymore), I think she just doesn't trust him, she knows what he is capable of, she knows he has an insterest in her and her claim. That's enough: he is a sly clever dangerous competitor and man. Plus, un the future, on top of that she might learn about Ned, about the lies he had Lysa tell Catelyn, about him framing Tyrion and thus misleading Catelyn, etc.

23 hours ago, The Knight in Motley said:

If there is an episode where Littlefinger gets killed, it should be episode 10.  Too many open plotholes are there for him to fall through.  Front and foremost the lie of Ramsey kidnapping Sansa. 

For the auctorial investment in Petyr’s long plotting to be worth the time and trouble, poetic justice demands that it be a child of Ned and Catelyn who delivers Littlefinger to death’s cold embrace.

That investment is paid back for the audience even if the players in the tale are not fully informed of all of their many woes that Baelish is responsible for.

I would personally prefer that the full extent of Petyr’s perfidy were laid for all the world to spit upon, but neither Martin nor the showrunners are apt to give people want they want, ever, and so I hold out little hope of fully satisfying my hopes in this regard.

It would certainly be nice, though.  We know that Littlefinger was responsible for the War of the Five Kings, and we suspect he may have been responsible for Brandon Stark’s rash demands of Aerys as well, provoking thereby the Usurper’s Rebellion.  He may even have been involved in the fateful affairs of the Harrenhal Tourney and Ned finding his way to Rhaegar’s tower.

I’d like to see some of that come out before justice is done. 

Archived