Discussing Sansa XXV: Who let the dogs out...

So, given that HBO in my neck of the woods decided to ruin my night, I have only seen "Inside the Episode" videos... But, as always, enjoy the discussion... I will soon join...

The wolves are back again :D

Before the episode I turned to my friend and said "All my prayers will be answered if Sansa lets loose Ramsey's dogs on him and he dies by them"

AND IT HAPPENED

I am like basking in the afterglow of that cartharsis right now

I really do wish Jon & the Gang would've listened to her to begin with. She ultimately was right about Ramsey. I can kind of see the intelligence behind keeping the Vale soldiers a secret....Jon definitely underestimated Ramsey and so did Davos. They did the best they could, but Sansa did better.

I'm a little worried about what the "I'll always be a part of you" line means. I'm hoping it's just a "I'll always be inside your head" and not a SANSA IS PREGGERS!!!!

But I have to say, my, how Sansa has grown from S1E1.

2 minutes ago, Ludo Kressh said:

I don't think she's preggers, I think Ramsey was trying to get in her head one last time....and she wasn't having any of it, her smile at the end of that scene was so damn satisfying.

Yeah, I thought so too. But I'm still worried because who knows what'll happen???

That smile was so satisfying like YAAAS girl.

2 minutes ago, Raksha 2014 said:

I loved Sansa's little smile as she turns away from the grisly scene.

That smile was great.

As soon as I saw Sansa on the other side of the bars I was hoping Ramsay would get his helping of Karma. That was awesome. I also hope Sansa has been drinking Moon Tea like it's water. She said something along the lines that he and the Bolton name would fade from memory. I would think that means she's NOT pregnant.

21 minutes ago, Raksha 2014 said:

I loved Sansa's little smile as she turns away from the grisly scene.

Oh yessss

3 minutes ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

The thing is, did Jon order that or was that all Sansa?

I can see Jon being a little mad

I think Jon isnt gonna be arsed if Sansa had Ramsay's face gnawed off. He was gonna murder the fuck out of Ramsay until he saw Sansa. He felt she deserved her vengeance. Its why he didnt kill him and just let Sansa take care of it.

Makes me think this is a real turning point for her. That Sansa may not be afraid to truly get her hands dirty if the target really deserves it.

Is this thread only positive?  I think what Sansa did stinks.  Knowing all those men went to their death until her little plan came true just stinks.  If she had told Jon, perhaps they could have waited until LF showed up.  Or stalled.  Or at the very least they could have included the Vale army into their war plans.  And I particularly liked when she got all hissy that Jon wasn't including her in the war plans, and when he did, she had nothing to offer.  She wanted revenge more than anything and was willing to sacrifice others, even JON, who was fighting for her, to get her way.  

Again, if this thread is only YAY Sansa, I apologize and bow out. 

Just now, lakin1013 said:

Is this thread only positive?  I think what Sansa did stinks.  Knowing all those men went to their death until her little plan came true just stinks.  If she had told Jon, perhaps they could have waited until LF showed up.  Or stalled.  Or at the very least they could have included the Vale army into their war plans.  And I particularly liked when she got all hissy that Jon wasn't including her in the war plans, and when he did, she had nothing to offer.  She wanted revenge more than anything and was willing to sacrifice others, even JON, who was fighting for her, to get her way.  

I agree.  I think she looked bad in the episode.  The revenge on Ramsay at the end was good (I could have done without the evil smile though).  Also, she looked disappointed when she saw Jon running out of the scrum to chase down Ramsay. 

But yeah, Jon and Tormund and everyone else who survived the battle should be absolutely livid with her. 

3 minutes ago, lakin1013 said:

It's for discussing her. Not necessarily positive or negative.

I have to disagree though. Jon and Davos obviously underestimated Ramsay. When they were planning their battle plans it was very straightforward, them thinking they would trap him, etc. Sansa may not know specific battle formations, but she does know Ramsay and she warned them that he was smarter than that--that if they thought they'd be able to trick him, they were wrong.

So, the fact that she held back the Vale until the end was what saved their asses because if Jon and Davos knew about the Vale, they'd have used them in the initial attack instead of saving them for another charge and the battle may have still been lost.

It's not about the number of men--it's about how that number is used.

Example: Ramsay's archers were stupid not to be launching into the circle of trapped Stark/Wildling army when they were surrounded on all sides.

Jon shouldn't have charged into battle.

He wasn't being smart and he let Ramsay control him in the way that Ramsay does best.

Sansa knew that it would happen, she tried to warm them of how Ramsay works, but in the end they wouldn't listen. Her keeping the Vale army a secret pretty much saved their hides.

Soldiers die in a battle. Sometimes you have to sacrifice a lot of them in order to achieve victory. Sansa was absolutely right in this situation.  She told Jon and Davos that they wouldn't be trapping Ramsey that he would be trapping them.  The Vale knights saved the day and secured the victory.  Sucks a lot of soldiers had to die but war is hell.

Hey, I haven't watched the episode (or season); I'm just reading spoilers. I'm trying to speculate on how this might play out in the books. I'm thinking Sansa will come to Winterfell with an army from the Vale and it really will be a surprise for the Northern forces.

What do you guys think?

2 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Soldiers die in a battle. Sometimes you have to sacrifice a lot of them in order to achieve victory. Sansa was absolutely right in this situation.  She told Jon and Davos that they wouldn't be trapping Ramsey that he would be trapping them.  The Vale knights saved the day and secured the victory.  Sucks a lot of soldiers had to die but war is hell.

Hear, hear.

2 minutes ago, Pandean said:

It's for discussing her. Not necessarily positive or negative.

I have to disagree though. Jon and Davos obviously underestimated Ramsay. When they were planning their battle plans it was very straightforward, them thinking they would trap him, etc. Sansa may not know specific battle formations, but she does know Ramsay and she warned them that he was smarter than that--that if they thought they'd be able to trick him, they were wrong.

So, the fact that she held back the Vale until the end was what saved their asses because if Jon and Davos knew about the Vale, they'd have used them in the initial attack instead of saving them for another charge and the battle may have still been lost.

It's not about the number of men--it's about how that number is used.

Example: Ramsay's archers were stupid not to be launching into the circle of trapped Stark/Wildling army when they were surrounded on all sides.

Jon shouldn't have charged into battle.

He wasn't being smart and he let Ramsay control him in the way that Ramsay does best.

Sansa knew that it would happen, she tried to warm them of how Ramsay works, but in the end they wouldn't listen. Her keeping the Vale army a secret pretty much saved their hides.

Why should they have listened though? We know she had some good information but the people she is trying to convince to listen to her don't. John made a plan based on what he knew. If she had told him about the Valemen beforehand they could have made a new plan that didn't involve killing off most of the Northern forces. Really Sansa has set herself up to be right back under Littlefinger's thumb. She alienated her brother. Lost most of the Northern forces. And has thousands of soldiers loyal to someone else right on her doorstep.

59 minutes ago, Pandean said:

Before the episode I turned to my friend and said "All my prayers will be answered if Sansa lets loose Ramsey's dogs on him and he dies by them"

AND IT HAPPENED

I am like basking in the afterglow of that cartharsis right now

I really do wish Jon & the Gang would've listened to her to begin with. She ultimately was right about Ramsey. I can kind of see the intelligence behind keeping the Vale soldiers a secret....Jon definitely underestimated Ramsey and so did Davos. They did the best they could, but Sansa did better.

I'm a little worried about what the "I'll always be a part of you" line means. I'm hoping it's just a "I'll always be inside your head" and not a SANSA IS PREGGERS!!!!

But I have to say, my, how Sansa has grown from S1E1.

I am in Samsa team and you got it right baby. Respect..!

Note: I am hyped and drunk

Archived