Are giants now extinct?

Mance said the giant killed by Grenn and the other brothers was the last of a bloodline that preceded the First Men. Might be that Mance didn't gather all the giants, might be that only Wun Wun decided to pass through the Wall.

I don't think it matters much, though, so we might just as well assume that he was the last of the giants.

If he was the last, the giants were going to die off anyways. If there are more, then there are. I think the main reason there was only Wun Wun with the wildlings is if they had a line of giants, the battle would've been over in five minutes.

3 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

If he was the last, the giants were going to die off anyways. If there are more, then there are. I think the main reason there was only Wun Wun with the wildlings is if they had a line of giants, the battle would've been over in five minutes.

I am honestly surprised that line of infantry by wun wun didn't break. Seeing a creature you believed to be fantasy standing at over 20 feet tall and ripping soldiers in a shield wall would be very intimidating.

7 minutes ago, MilesJames said:

I am honestly surprised that line of infantry by wun wun didn't break. Seeing a creature you believed to be fantasy standing at over 20 feet tall and ripping soldiers in a shield wall would be very intimidating.

:agree:

WunWun could have just break trough the pikemen running or smashing them with his feet. Throwing something at them from above.

If only he had a club... I guess there wasn't budget for a giant club.

What happened to that bad ass bow that giant had at the battle of castle black?  That would have took out that shield wall no doubt. Bolton shish-kabob...  But yeah they did Wun Wun dirty. Original leaker said Wun Wun died. The other guy said Wun Wun lived. But he also said Ramsey lived. Guess he wanted to leave us a few surprises. My guess is Wun Wun fell victim to budget cuts. Had to make way for WW's, dragons, and Ghost and Nym leading a pack. 

25 minutes ago, Lord Jeffrey said:

Mace said the giant killed by Grenn and the other brothers was the last of a bloodline that preceded the First Men. Might be that Mace didn't gather all the giants, might be that only Wun Wun decided to pass through the Wall.

I don't think it matters much, though, so we might just as well assume that he was the last of the giants.

Before anyone else can call you out, cause the internet unfortunately has plenty of deuce bags^_^

I keep imagining how cool it could have been for Wun Wun to turn that Bolton lockstep legion into one giant circle jerk of toothpicks and cocktail onions. *sigh* Is that the antithesis of the Chekov gun?

RIP Wun Wun. 

I can't believe that they didn't arm or armor him in any way. Hell all they need to do was remove some of those heavy wooden doors from Castle Black and strap them to his chest and back, with some tall shields on his arms. A weapon would be as easy as pulling a tree trunk from the ground, surely they could find a tree trunk in the North somewhere, being as how the whole place is forested.

Thanks to Jon's idiotism, yes, giants has become extinct.

R.I.P. Wun Wun, you died so Danny can parade on her lovely dragon, giving more speeches and shit :D Nothing relevant or necessary for her plot or character growth ofc, but hey, more speeches with half naked woman on top of a dragon, why not?

Archived