Where will Dany Land in Westeros? (SPOILERS)

The Lash

15 hours ago, The Lash said:

What is the first place she will burn?

Kings Landing. On the show for drama + they have the locations. But it would even make sense. Cut the head of their enemy and than look who comes kneeling. Maybe she gets up to five out of the seven kingdoms without needing to fight (will be a disapointing tripp for her Dothraki).

Dorne is the closest. She can busy herself there for a couple of episodes (we know how they like to delay Dany). Then makes her way to Kings Landing, find it in ruins and then sets up camp in Dragonstone? Or Dragonstone then KL. I don't see her NOT going to Dorne first. Makes sense and that's where I think Varys has gone. 

Would be a interesting curve if she landed North but its more likly she lands South taking everything easily and becoming sickingly confident but then gets absolutely wrecked by a Walker attack forcing her to head North and find the Northern Commander fighting the Others, Jon.

On 6/20/2016 at 1:11 PM, The Lash said:

I am going rewatch episode 9.  I don't think it dropped any clear hints unless she decides to take the Iron Islands first.  Which with Winter coming i think would be a huge mistake.  They don't have any food stores and i dont think the sea around them could support her army.  Plus the don't have any gold.  I am betting it will follow the book arc and they will take Storm's End.  Where the prospects of securing food and gold are much better due to the proximity of the Reach.  Also, knowing the writers, she will not even find out about the Long Night coming for awhile yet.  They love to just drag shit out.

Dorne is the obvious chocie, so that's why I don't think it will be there. As Book readers and show viewers we've seen it, why go back. It's an opportunity to show a new place; so what makes sense strategically.

I've always thought Tyrion would convince Danny to take Casterly Rock first for a number of reasons:
1. He knows it well and it's unattended to his knowledge. Kevin in kings landing, lancel a fanatic, cersei being cersei and jaime being in the riverlands/kings landing. 

2. Strategically it's farther to get to but would provide lush stores for her army and gold to support her conquest. 

3. The irony of Tyrion taking back his homeland and actualy getting what is rightfully his, but Tywin refused him. Completes an arc. I'm also of the opinion Jaime will die, so he's naturally going to be lord of Casterly Rock. 

4. We haven't seen it and it plays a critical role to the 2nd most important family from a narrative perspective in Westeros...arguably first. I can imagine we won't see it. 

5. Iron born alliance just makes this even more likely considering proximity.

6. What good is sending Varys off to Dorne if Danny just has to go follow him. Strategically, it could make sense to have two armies separated by geography, much like Robb Stark did. 

3 hours ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

Dorne would be a horrible idea strategically and symbolically, so I certainly wouldn't put it past D&D.  But the fact remains the Dothraki could not cross the Dornish desert without suffering huge casualties.  There is also no point in landing somewhere that already supports her

Except it would offer resources, almost unstoppable forces, intel, basically a pit stop. Sunspear is on the coast, so they won't be needing to cross any desert. 

6 hours ago, LastManStanding said:

Except it would offer resources, almost unstoppable forces, intel, basically a pit stop. Sunspear is on the coast, so they won't be needing to cross any desert. 

Ya Sunspear is on the coast, and to get to the rest of Westeros from there you have to cross the desert... She also doesn't need intel or any more men.

I think that she will probably land near Kings Landing with the Dothraki and the Greyjoy brothers right being her on the ships. When she reaches Kings Landing she will see a city partially destroyed by Cersei's wildfire (as we see on that shot of Drogon flying over Kings Landing). After Varys visit, the Dornish army will come from the South. It makes no sense to arrive in Dorne because is far from Kings Landing and they are already Dany's allies. 

However I think this will only happen on season 7.

You think Dany will actually walk on any land in Westeros? Her dragons might, but i don't think she will. I think a Faceless Man kills her at sea and her council rules by proxy, until they find out Jon is the last Targaryen. 

If she does land though, ive thought the natural progression would be the North. Im basing this thought train on the titles of the books. The Winds of Winter will focus heavily on the Others conflict, and we will see the Wall fall. With the wildlings, the NW, the North, the Vale, and if I'm right, Stannis and remnants of the Stormlands forces, all facing certain demise, Daenarys comes to save the day. Bran wargs a dragon, saves Jon, who rides said dragon to safety. Now the dragon has 2 heads, Winter is over and now we can Dream of Spring, going back to business/politics as usual, but ushering in a very different, all new era/reign.

With the North, the Vale, and the Iron Islands all behind her, she can move freely into the Riverlands, which is and has been in the heart of turmoil for years now. They need stability and defined leadership. The Freys wont be able to collect their toll this time. Once in the Riverlands, i would have her divide and conquer. Either Jaime or Tyrion will be the 3rd head of the dragon, and will take one to the West. Jon will take one, and be reunited with Sam in the Reach with the help of Dorne. 

Having conquered all 7 kingdoms, taking Kings Landing is just a formality. It will most likely be in ruin anyways so she will have to rebuild even if she has to burn it to the ground herself 

Long story, long...though it hasn't taken me 20 years to write it, she lands in the North. Thats my answer.

On 6/21/2016 at 2:50 PM, aryagonnakill#2 said:

Ya Sunspear is on the coast, and to get to the rest of Westeros from there you have to cross the desert... She also doesn't need intel or any more men.

You don't need to cross the desert, not when you can go back at sea to Dragonstone and Kingslanding. She does need intel. She knows nothing about things that are going on in Westeros, not really. And more men won't hurt, no one has too many allies and men. 

First she's going to have an epic sea battle against Euron, and a lot of her fleet and troops will be lost.

Then, on invitation, she will go to Dorne to meet the Sandsnakes and ally with (what's left of) the family of Elia Martell. They are natural allies and it's the only way the show can salvage anything remotely relevant from the mess they've made of the Dorne plotline.

1. Dragonstone, possible.

2. Dorne, very likely in the show. Maybe they mix up book-Dany and young Griffs' storylines. In show I think she will run into Samwell, he'll tell her to fly supersonic speed up to the wall and rescue the North. They'll meet Jon, Sansa and Bran that's made his way down south and then they head for the Lannisters.

3. Also very likely that she lands in Kings Landing, after Cersei's/Qyburn's fire. Then she meets Samwell there. Perhaps teams up with Jaime (after the freys are murdered by Arya) for a good old Targini/Lannistini team up to help the North.

Basically I've got no idea. I WISH they landed on Skagos and then had unicorns joining them but...

On 6/20/2016 at 11:05 PM, aryagonnakill#2 said:

Dorne would be a horrible idea strategically and symbolically, so I certainly wouldn't put it past D&D.  But the fact remains the Dothraki could not cross the Dornish desert without suffering huge casualties.  There is also no point in landing somewhere that already supports her

Actually Dorne makes perfect sense.  They're one of the 7 Kingdoms in open Rebellion with the Throne.  Dorne also isn't the Sahara Desert, they have rivers.  They could also choose to move West and North along the coast if they land in Sunspear.  Plus they could easily set up supply lines with the Tyrells who are clearly going to be on Team Dany soon.

On June 19, 2016 at 11:11 PM, The Lash said:

I am going rewatch episode 9.  I don't think it dropped any clear hints unless she decides to take the Iron Islands first.  Which with Winter coming i think would be a huge mistake.  They don't have any food stores and i dont think the sea around them could support her army.  Plus the don't have any gold.  I am betting it will follow the book arc and they will take Storm's End.  Where the prospects of securing food and gold are much better due to the proximity of the Reach.  Also, knowing the writers, she will not even find out about the Long Night coming for awhile yet.  They love to just drag shit out.

They do drag it out on the SHOW. They probably just call each other up on a cellphone in the books. 

Jon. Dany, I know you don't know me but check this out. White Walkers are invading us as we speak

Dany. Like omg, did you just say White Walkers???

Jon. Yep. Heard you had dragons. 

Dany. I do. 3 of them. One is very big

Jon. Cool. You guys wanna swing up this way? Don't  get here fast because it's a long distance and everyone will be mad if you arrive too quickly. 

The show just brushes off those little details that make the story. Peace

Dany and crew have to at least be ready to face Jaime and the Lannisters in KL back from the Riverlands and potentially the Tyrells as well. People may be asking a bit much if they think a horde of Dothraki and their horses are going to sail thru Slavers Bay, around Volantis, past the Stepstones, and up the Narrow Sea to Kings Landings and step off the boat in condition to fight.  Dany may need to stop in Dorne just so the Dothraki can recover from the journey and get in battle shape.

On 6/20/2016 at 0:42 PM, mafro987daboss said:

Books: Dragonstone (aka logical), Show: KL with Dornish forces arriving later.

This makes the most sense. If Varys has gone to Dorne to form an alliance, there's no point in going there first. Sack a city (the capital makes the most sense) and form up with your allies. It's just that there's not going to be any city left there to sack.

On 6/20/2016 at 8:27 AM, Rumy Stark said:

I agree with Dorne, mostly because otherwise the Sand Snake coup makes no sense. They are natural allies because they apparently only care about killing Lannisters. So. 

So eager are the Sand Snakes to get revenge on the Lannisters for killing Martells... they killed the rest of the Martells. Logic.

Archived