Frey/Lannister wedding

OtusUmbra

In the sneak peak of the season and in tonight's "next episode" trailer we see a wedding at Riverrun. 

What are everyone's thoughts on this, considering the opportunity for it to be a Lady Stoneheart reveal?

I am definitely hoping for it and may be disappointed but it seems they have set us up to be reminded:which Freys to hate , that the BwoB still exists and even tonight's discussion about resurrection lays even more groundwork for a big reveal.

Considerations:

1: in the books Cat it seemed been dead for a short time before becoming LSH. Where in the show it seems like years have passed. I would think speech would be the least of LSH's worries.

2: would the hound be on board with this, by nature of being around for the resurrection and being in a mood to kill?

3: will she inherit the BwoB and over ride the mission to go north and inevitable awkward reunion with the family/LF?

4: with beric still being alive we have to assume we would see her resurrection in this episode will we also see her wreak destruction on the Frey/Lannister wedding in the same episode? 

5: it seems jaime could die. Or perhaps taken prisoner and taken to meet her? 

Clearly I am strongly biased towards seeing a LSH reveal in this episode. My fingers are crossed that they haven't put these clues in to lead me to these assumptions and have it just be a pleasant Frey wedding for maximum shock value. 

Interested to get some opinions on this bc I had almost given up hope for her in the show until this season with its trail of breadcrumbs. 

If no Stoneheart, who will punish the Freys?

Nymeria + a horde of wolves is my second choice.

As much as I feel your LSH hype, I'm 100% sure it won't happen. D & D said early on they wouldn't be going the LSH route and they've done enough in the last few episodes to put the nails in the coffin on that plotline, as it were.

I have a feeling Arya will be more or less taking on the LSH role. I imagine she'll show up at the Fray banquet and at least kill Walder, and given her background with both the BwB and the Hound, I'm guessing she'll team up with them as well. Heck, maybe she'll team up with them before the Frey/Lannister celebration and they'll plan an all-out slaughter. 

Either way, I definitely think they've set this season up to put Arya in the LSH/revenge role. 

1. Stoneheart is NOT happening. For whatever reason they've decided that the BWB and the Hound are now going to fight the WWs or at least head in that direction.

2. How do you know that's Riverrun? It could very well be the Twins.

3. How do you know that's even a wedding. It could very well be a victory celebration.

24 minutes ago, White Harbors Wrath said:

1. Stoneheart is NOT happening. For whatever reason they've decided that the BWB and the Hound are now going to fight the WWs or at least head in that direction.

2. How do you know that's Riverrun? It could very well be the Twins.

3. How do you know that's even a wedding. It could very well be a victory celebration.

One word - Arya

If anyone in the show has a jetpack, than Arya too. I think she will be at the Twins and be responsible for the death of many characters there. Seeing Jaime there in the trailer was a surprise (even though we knew there would be Lannister soldiers, it never occured to me Jaime would be present), I don't think he'll die yet.

52 minutes ago, The Unborn said:

If anyone in the show has a jetpack, than Arya too. I think she will be at the Twins and be responsible for the death of many characters there. Seeing Jaime there in the trailer was a surprise (even though we knew there would be Lannister soldiers, it never occured to me Jaime would be present), I don't think he'll die yet.

Arya only missed one episode to get to Braavos. The Season 4 premiere.

What gives you the impression it's a wedding? I think it's more likely it's a Frey/Lannister celebration for the retaking of Riverrun.

Here's hoping Arya will show up to take some names off her list...that would partially make up for the awful, nonsensical Braavos storyline (which reached Dorne-level of crappiness, imo).

And I'd love to see more of BwB and the Hound, although their last scene in the previous episode felt more like a set-up for the next season.

About LSH, I'm 100% confident she will never be in the show, thank the gods that ship has sailed a long time ago. It's one of the very few wise choises D&D made in terms of deviation from the books.

8 minutes ago, Arale said:

What gives you the impression it's a wedding? I think it's more likely it's a Frey/Lannister celebration for the retaking of Riverrun.

Here's hoping Arya will show up to take some names off her list...that would partially make up for the awful, nonsensical Braavos storyline (which reached Dorne-level of crappiness, imo).

And I'd love to see more of BwB and the Hound, although their last scene in the previous episode felt more like a set-up for the next season.

About LSH, I'm 100% confident she will never be in the show, thank the gods that ship has sailed a long time ago. It's one of the very few wise choises D&D made in terms of deviation from the books.

In the book it will be a wedding. But you're right. It's most likely just a feast. 

A few things do not make sense from the scene though.

1.  Jamie made it clear he was headed straight back to Cersei as soon as he took Riverrun.  The Twins are further north.  He wouldnt go there unless.  A) Cersei has burned KL down?   B.)  Jamie isnt there but his soldiers are C) it isnt the twins (cant see Walder sitting at the head of the table anywhere but the twins).    So my problem is why would Jamie go north to begin with unless he made some deal with Edmure or Bronn that will end the Freys reign?

2. I dont see Jamie in any of the pics.

3. Who exactly are the Freys & Lannisters "sending their regards to"   The Tullys?  That doesnt make much sense they already won that fight...  Is there another house at the feast?    Maybe they execute Edmure?  he has a son, and they have the castle.

Chances of bringing LSH has become very minimal .. I m disappointed as well..Still there is chance that LSH and BwB crashing the wedding .. But it is  highly unlikely..We have to let LSH go..

Arya could wear the face of walder's wife and poisons all the wine and starts killing walder when everyone collapses.. But the problem is how can arya be back in riverrun so soon? unless she uses littlefinger's teleportaion device..

If Arya appears at the twins i really would facepalm, yes i know he could use teleport device but still its quite long travel. Most likely is that BwB attacks or nothing at all happens and Walder Frey dies peacefully while he sleeps.

I'd like to see the Direwolves but D&D seem to not like working with dogs or cats for that matter. Please prove me wrong :)

Arya? I've had enough of her for a season. LSH? Given up.

Most logical is the the BwoB which is kinda boring and predictable, especially compared to NYMERIAS PACK!!

Some of the Freys are nice, RIP Fat Walda.

What will happen to Roslyn & also Edmures baby?

Archived