Ned's bones SPOILERS

Do we have any idea if Ned's bones made it to the crypts of Winterfell?  Jon tells them to bury rickon in the crypts next to his father.  Last we saw was LF bringing them to Cat at Renly's camp I think (in the show at least).  A lot went down at that time, and I think Cat left them at the camp as she escaped with brienne.  Would Stannis have taken them with him after he took most of Renly's camp and have brought them to the north?

I'm assuming this will lead to us finding out what is in the crypts and/or jon's lineage

Welp... Jon hasn't been at home was he. And i doubt the Boltons would have told Sansa. I think the bones are in the Neck and that is how we get the Howland Reed introduction to Jon and Sansa. Maybe now he comes to WF with the bones. 

Posted this in another thread also.  Rickon is going to the part of the crypts that the kids played in growing up.   Not sure how laying him to rest there reveals any new information.  They're not going deep down to parts blocked off for centuries, nor would they have any reason to pry open Lyanna's tomb.

Well it was the sisters or nuns or whoever those ladies with the veils that look after the dead bringing the bones. They'd still have  their duties after Cat left. They'd still have had time (given how fast show travel is) to have gotten the bones to Winterfell and interred before Theon arrives. 

How Jon would know about it... 

In the books the bones were on their way there with the silent sisters, In the show the last i remember seeing them was in riverrun, but I don't ever remember them being mentioned as having actually made it back to winterfell.

I knew that I'd read about Ned's bones never making it back to Winterfell, so I searched through my books until I found it.

In ADWD, the chapter titled "The Turncloak", Lady Barbrey Dustin has Theon take her down to the crypts below Winterfell. She then says,

"Ned Stark returned the horse to me on his way back home to Winterfell. He told me that my lord had died an honorable death, that his body had been laid to rest beneath the red mountains of Dorne. He brought his sister's bones back nort, though, and there she rests...but I promise you, Lord Eddard's bones will never rest beside hers. I mean to feed them to my dogs"

Theon did not understand. "His...his bones....?"

Her lips twisted. "Catelyn Tully dispatched Lord Eddard's bones north before the Red Wedding, but your iron uncle seized Moat Cailin and closed the way. I have been watching ever since. Should those bones ever emerge from the swamps, they will get no further than Barrowton."

So, the answer is, no, Ned's bones aren't in the crypt. They never made it back to Winterfell.

1 hour ago, Lady Lark of the NorthWood said:

I knew that I'd read about Ned's bones never making it back to Winterfell, so I searched through my books until I found it.

In ADWD, the chapter titled "The Turncloak", Lady Barbrey Dustin has Theon take her down to the crypts below Winterfell. She then says,

"Ned Stark returned the horse to me on his way back home to Winterfell. He told me that my lord had died an honorable death, that his body had been laid to rest beneath the red mountains of Dorne. He brought his sister's bones back nort, though, and there she rests...but I promise you, Lord Eddard's bones will never rest beside hers. I mean to feed them to my dogs"

Theon did not understand. "His...his bones....?"

Her lips twisted. "Catelyn Tully dispatched Lord Eddard's bones north before the Red Wedding, but your iron uncle seized Moat Cailin and closed the way. I have been watching ever since. Should those bones ever emerge from the swamps, they will get no further than Barrowton."

So, the answer is, no, Ned's bones aren't in the crypt. They never made it back to Winterfell.

Barbrey Dustin is a true bitch

I dont know about his bones but his head on a spike had spoke as much words as Rickon's season six.  :-)

Honestly, I think that question will be more considered in the books, rather than the show. It could be as with the identity of the people on the X crosses in TBoB.

It would be ok to see at least his remnants buried proper.

They made it. This is the HBO and they do whatever they want.

They did this between one of the big things in season 5 and one of the other big things in season 6.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/gameofthrones/images/6/6b/Cersei's-WalkofShame-S05E10.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150616102218

http://www.gameofthronesworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Game-of-Thrones-season-6-episode-6-Blood-of-my-Blood-10-1024x570.jpg

So, I think that they'll just assume that no one has a brain and Ned's bones will be in Winterfell.

24 minutes ago, Mansiago said:

They did this between one of the big things in season 5 and one of the other big things in season 6.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/gameofthrones/images/6/6b/Cersei's-WalkofShame-S05E10.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150616102218

http://www.gameofthronesworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Game-of-Thrones-season-6-episode-6-Blood-of-my-Blood-10-1024x570.jpg

So, I think that they'll just assume that no one has a brain and Ned's bones will be in Winterfell.

Unless someone decides to open the crypt. Then we'll know for sure.

2 hours ago, Mansiago said:

haha, good catch!  although, to play devil's advocate, perhaps it's a different exit from the sept... like a different wing.  the High Sparrow didnt mean for her to "walk" anyway.

but.... most likely its just a show fuckup. hehe.

On 6/20/2016 at 8:54 PM, Philpenn said:

Posted this in another thread also.  Rickon is going to the part of the crypts that the kids played in growing up.   Not sure how laying him to rest there reveals any new information.  They're not going deep down to parts blocked off for centuries, nor would they have any reason to pry open Lyanna's tomb.

They don't need a reason. Ghost via bran leads them down while they're paying their respects. curiosity gets the best of them

Archived