Sansa's displeasure [POSSIBLE SPOILERS]

1 hour ago, adiman83 said:

Am I the only one that was a bit freaked out by Sansa this episode? She fed Ramsay to the dogs and stood there and watched him getting ripped to shreds by his hounds and when she left, she smiled. 

I didn't like Ramsay, never did, but nobody deserves to die like that. Not even Ramsay. And that's not a behaviour worthy of a Stark.  

Agree. If she had just calmly given the command to chop Ramsays head clean off it would have been much more satisfying.

Not only giving Sansa her justice, but also showing her "Starkness".

1 hour ago, ummester said:

Is feeding some-one to their dogs a fair reaction for them raping you and killing your little brother?

Definitely a fair reaction.

It wasn't just rape, it was repeated rape every night or almost, for a long period. Plus violence where it didn't show - as she said to LF she is still living with the physical pain from what he did to her.  Plus rape has the most godawful effect mentally making you feel like a nonperson object filth. takes a long time to recover and the beest way out is raw anger.

As for killing her little brother, how you can dismiss that as not needing savage punishment is beyond me.

Maybe Ned Stark might have been strong enough in series 1 to handle Ramsay according to due law and order. But his children (and Theon) have been through far too much to operate in that mindset. People in WWII, in Iraq, in Afghanistan, in Syria now, become brutalised. Violence changes people and changes the rules of the game. The very rare person who manages to stand out, stand up for civilised values in spite of terrible abuse and constant violence around them, is  --- rare! That's why we write about them and call them heroes.

49 minutes ago, TwiceBorn said:

I too was annoyed by the stupidity of Jon running around like a chicken without a head trying to get Ramsey instead of taking care of his men. Then after Sansa won the battle he had lost, he went straight after Ramsay AGAIN, how damn ANNOYING. Then rather than order the sad remains of his army to shoot Ramsey on the spot, he risked his life AGAIN in most ridiculous and pointless duel which quickly turned into even more ridiculous and disgusting brawl.

You were supposed to kill the boy Jon!

How did she win the battle? She didn't fight in it. She just sent a letter, which I doubt was needed since I believe LF would have come anyway. And she indirectly caused many deaths due to her lies,

I'm split on how I feel about Sansa this episode. 

On the one hand, I get the whole feeding Ramsay to his dogs. It wasn't overkill. This guy subjected her to constant emotional, physical and sexual abuse over a period of time. Even if I am a tad concerned for her mental health- has Ramsay won after all? 

On the other hand, why in the hell didn't she inform Jon of what she planned. She undercut him totally in this battle. There was no reason whatsoever for her not to tell him about the letter she sent to LF requesting the Vales aid. 

1 hour ago, robasp2 said:

You sure about that??

With so much pointless "women empowerment" crap they have been giving lately...

You still think they are not making Sansa the warden of the north?

People will obey her if D&D decide so.

(To me only Daenerys deserves to be "empowered" she has dragons, an army and is strong. The remaining "empowerments, and male degradation (ugh! Cock jokes) were just too much. I hated what they have done. Overcompensation)

Nah. Jon is going to be KitN.  

2 hours ago, adiman83 said:

Am I the only one that was a bit freaked out by Sansa this episode? She fed Ramsay to the dogs and stood there and watched him getting ripped to shreds by his hounds and when she left, she smiled. 

I didn't like Ramsay, never did, but nobody deserves to die like that. Not even Ramsay. And that's not a behaviour worthy of a Stark.  

Behavior worthy of a Stark? So I guess Arya isn't a Stark? Or Theon the hungry wolf? Or Brandon Iceeyes? Yeah they're all disqualified of being Starks. Sure. 

I had a weird feeling about Sansa as well this episode.  Something just didnt feel right during the battle.  Like others mentioned it almost feels like she was annoyed that Jon was still there to claim the Victory and not her. Thinking back on it now, why else would she not tell Jon about the Vale, she had another opportunity in the War tent, and she keeps it a secret.

How she fed Ramsay to the dogs? Meh he deserved that, no problem here.

I dont get why they didnt just execute him though.  Jon beats him sensless then they just leave him?

49 minutes ago, Darksky said:

How did she win the battle? She didn't fight in it. She just sent a letter, which I doubt was needed since I believe LF would have come anyway. And she indirectly caused many deaths due to her lies,

Then I guess her vanity is on the level with Jon's stupidity.

3 hours ago, adiman83 said:

That is the first thing she has ever done in her life that is worthy of a Stark. Its a brutal way to go for a brutal, sadistic man. That is some Ice Eyes and the slavers vengeance.

1 hour ago, Rhollo said:

Agree. If she had just calmly given the command to chop Ramsays head clean off it would have been much more satisfying.

Not only giving Sansa her justice, but also showing her "Starkness".

A Stark would chop it off herself. Swing the sword.

Sansa loves Jon, that's why she told him about Ramsey and his games. When Jon went after Ramsay flanked by Thormund and WunWun she lost the control she had just gained: Jon could have died (don't think she could have taken losing 2 brothers in one day), Ramsey could have captured him (even worse) or Jon could have dealt Ramsey a quick death which would have taken her revenge away. I love how she killed Ramsey, it was poetic justice (would have thrown in a "do you like to play games?" in there before having him guess if his hounds were more loyal than hungry). Jon and Sansa will talk their issues out and go to Bran. 

9 minutes ago, AryaNymeriaVisenya said:

A Stark would chop it off herself. Swing the sword.

Sansa is not trained to swing a sword, so she would most likely botch the execution (way worse than Theon did with Rodrick). Which would be pretty counterintuitive if you want to deliver swift, clean justice.

So better leave the deed to someone else (Jon) in this particular case.

8 hours ago, MikeMartell said:

When she see's Jon chasing Ramsey, the look in her eyes was so cold and annoyed, her smile at Ramsey's defeat also seemed to falter. Was this my imagination or does she think Jon wants Winterfell and wants him out of the way or something else. Give it another watch an let me know what you think.

Agree 100%. It was like she didn't want Jon to have any part on the victory, she didn't want him to be the one to take winterfell from Ramsey. She wanted to be savior and the winner of the battle. I think littlefinger will star his manipulation on her on the next episode. Whether full betrayal happens or not, one thing im sure, some power pulling will happen between those two. I would not be shocked if she tells him that his place is on the WALL. And did you see how she acted with Rickon's body next to her?, I don't think she even looked at it, it was like Rickon was nobody to her.

3 hours ago, adiman83 said:

Nah, Ramsay deserved it. Most people don't deserve to die like that, but he does. Remember he killed his little brother and mother in law in the exact same way. It was karma.

And I think it's pretty gross that some of you guys are trying to dictate how a rape victim should feel when confronting their rapist. You're not the first person that didn't like the smile. Ramsay abused her, raped her in her own home, killed her brother, stole her home from her ... she has earned the right to smile at the fact that he won't be hurting her or her family ever again. She earned the right to even get a little pleasure from his pain. That's why she smirked. He no longer has power over her, and that smirk showed it.

And Starks need to get a little darker to survive. Being good and honorable has done nothing but get them killed. We see where that got Ned and Robb. They can still be good people, but when it comes to their enemies they need to be tough.

4 minutes ago, SeventhReign said:

Nah, Ramsay deserved it. Most people don't deserve to die like that, but he does. Remember he killed his little brother and mother in law in the exact same way. It was karma.

And oh my god ... it's pretty gross that some of you guys are trying to dictate how a rape victim should feel when confronting her rapist. Ramsay abused her, raped her in her own home, killed her brother, stole her home from her ... she has earned the right to smile at the fact that he won't be hurting her or her family ever again. She earned the right to even get a little pleasure from his pain. That's why she smirked. He no longer has power over her, and that smirk showed it.

And Starks need to get a little darker to survive. Being good and honorable has done nothing but get them killed. We see where that got Ned and Robb. They can still be good people, but when it comes to their enemies they need to be tough.

I agree he deserved to die. But I think he should've been executed, not fed to the dogs.

1 minute ago, adiman83 said:

I agree he deserved to die. But I think he should've been executed, not fed to the dogs.

Like a simple beheading? I don't know. That's too quick for someone like Ramsay.

I just think it's poetic justice. He fed so many people to those dogs ... including his brother. So I thought it was a fitting end, from a writing standpoint at least. It was a good symbolization, showing that he had well and truly lost, if even his dogs have turned on him. I guess I see where you're coming from though.

5 hours ago, Fiddlefinger said:

This thread is completely idiotic. You're reading too much into her expression. The show doesn't have time for Sansa to hate Jon. There may not even be much time to settle accounts with LF; he might even just be offed in Ep 10. In the Sans thread I showed that there is no reason to think Sansa cost anybody their lives. She didn't know when LF would show up. She might have ridden out to hurry him along. Jon and Sans are on the same side. Sheesh, you just hate Sansa because she's a head taller than Jon Snow.

Whether you think Sansa purposefully screwed Jon and Rickon over or not, it's the shows fault for making it vague, just like Arya acting so much different the last two episodes.

8 minutes ago, adiman83 said:

And what was up with the dogs anyway? I thought they were just normal dogs in both the books and the show, but then they are super huge?

If she wanted him to die then she wouldn't even have considered convincing Jon that they wouldn't be able to trap Ramsay and that he would trap them instead.

If she wanted him dead, she could've just layed there laughing inside her head thinking "Oh yes, if you think you can trap Ramsay, you're wrong and I'm going to let you think that because when you die in the battlefield, I'll come with the Vale to save the day." But no. She insisted on helping and convincing Jon (which completely failed as Jon still fell for his trap).

2 hours ago, tinka10 said:

And whose fault is that?

What, you think Sansa set it up to have Jon's forces eliminated, so that Jon has no power over her in the North? That would be cool, if so - but I don't think the show is being that complicated anymore.

4 hours ago, adiman83 said:

Puh-lease, if it had been Arya doing that you'd cheer her on.

Seriously the fan-dumb with Sansa is really reaching ridiculous levels. We get it, you found her annoying for the crime of being naive in season 1. Get over it!

I agree she should have told Jon about Littlefinger, but Jon would have been an (goodhearted) idiot and would have rode towards Rickon anyway and would have gotten the battle to a bad start. There was no saving Rickon. 

I don't think Sansa wants Jon dead, but I definitely can see a clashing between her and Jon in the future, especially if Littlefinger gets into her head...and Littlefinger has already destroyed people with much more experience than Sansa...

Archived