Dany's feminist conspiracy

Why anyone believe Dany would like Dorne crazy women killers just because they are women? They murdered Myrcella and their own brother for no reason. Tyrion advices Dany and I think he loved Myrcella. And the last think Dany would approve is killing children. In the books, one of strongest point GRRM makes about her is her innability to go on with the threat of killing the child hostages even when it´s the most effective way to stop the Meereen terror. And in the show Dany is like a girl magnet, immediatelly making friends with any young girl/women she has a chance to talk with. I think what will happen is just the opposite and they will be shocked when she refuses the alliance even when they are women AND hates the Lannisters.

Seriously? Nobody saw Dany silently asking Tyrion for approval? Who happened to be the only man in the room with his genitals intact?

And yeah we are going to get bad pussy alliance. The only thing they would fight over is who stabs Jaime first...

9 hours ago, robasp2 said:

I dont agree with the feminist garbage thrown out there. To me feminism is women seeking equality and in many cases superiority. But they never care of inequalities men face. So..one sided. I dont care what the word meant when it started, but I judge it by what it means now.. I prefer equalist..

When a person becomes powerful they become capable of more than just looking after the boundaries of self. Self protection and then ambition is essential to be a strong person. But that's not enough. Then comes generosity, the capacity to recognise others' needs, to go beyond your own type. The old Celtic chieftains understood this well and it was a central tradition for the mediaeval Britons. (See the Mabinogi - the real one not the game.)

So a strong woman understands and is interested in the needs of men. A strong man understands and is interested in the needs of women. It may not be as sweet and warm as caring, but the interest is there, and a sense of fairness, as long as the price is not too high. There's always the option to cut back to one's own grouping. That doesn't change 'chieftain generosity' being the mark of the strong.

It's the weaker person who only thinks of their own kind. Not the weakest. Defending and loyalty to your own is the first law of strength. Second comes the pride and strength of generosity. A generous man can accept and deal with women and a generous woman can deal with men.

23 hours ago, Stag_legion said:

There is no feminist conspiracy in the show, its just some tokenistic girl power scenes whichare not only unbelievable and out of no where, but its also still pretty sexist because it potrays supposed "feminsim" as women show being mean and aggressive. There is a difference between being assertive and not letting others push you around (which is real feminism), and bullying other people which D&D think is feminism. The show is still full sexist material in spite of all of this.

Very true.

Archived