White Raven (preview) - what news?

rayarts

On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 10:53 AM, rayarts said:

So, in the preview we see a white raven flying towards Winterfell. 

White ravens are the ravens used by citadels, which are bigger and stronger and thus carry the most important news.

So who do you think sent a message and what does it say?

It could be Sam from Oldtown. It could be from KL (they have one, there was a shot of one in some episode before) and... who else?

What does it say? 

hehee you just made that up

I also want to point out that Dany had a vision (or was it Cersei in the trailor?, I can never remember) was standing in the Red Keep with it's roof gone, and snow gently falling down.   The would tie in to the rumors of KL burning down from the Wildfire.

1 hour ago, SevasTra82 said:

I also want to point out that Dany had a vision (or was it Cersei in the trailor?, I can never remember) was standing in the Red Keep with it's roof gone, and snow gently falling down.   The would tie in to the rumors of KL burning down from the Wildfire.

You're correct, it was a Dany vision. 

In the books, white ravens were sent from the citadal to announce the change of seasons. 

We've been teased that Winter Is Coming for a very long time, and the episode title is called Winds of Winter. 

My guess is that the raven signifies the end of the long summer. 

In the show, the Citadel already sent white ravens.  There's a shot of Varys and Pycelle looking at one in a cage, although I don't recall which episode.  Why would they send a second raven all this time later?  Sending a raven for winter is coming makes sense so that the kingdom can prepare.  I don't think you'd need to send a raven to tell people that winter is here since, outside of Dorne, it should be fairly obvious.  I think someone is using a white raven to emphasize the importance of a message, or it's Bran.

On 23.6.2016 at 8:59 PM, 2 Stags Short of a Dragon said:

In the show, the Citadel already sent white ravens.  There's a shot of Varys and Pycelle looking at one in a cage, although I don't recall which episode.  Why would they send a second raven all this time later?  Sending a raven for winter is coming makes sense so that the kingdom can prepare.  I don't think you'd need to send a raven to tell people that winter is here since, outside of Dorne, it should be fairly obvious.  I think someone is using a white raven to emphasize the importance of a message, or it's Bran.

The white ravens announce the change of seasons, the first raven in the show (the one in the cage with Varys and GM Pycelle) announced the end of Summer -> Autumn has come.

The white raven in the actual episode announces "Winter has come"

Archived