So what is Sansa's plan? (Possible spoilers)

robasp2

11 hours ago, Masha said:

Hide contents

Rumors that Northmen declare Jon King of the North and Sansa actually supports this.

I just don't understand the logic there. Why doesn't she take the title ? Or do they agree to share the power with him as War leader and her as Political leader, or she just wants to have Winterfell and leave Kingship to Jon?

Like what you said, "then we have LF demanding his payment - Sansa's hand in marriage." If Sansa becomes Queen, LF will manipulate her to do stuff. At least if Jon is King, there's little LF can do (at least to manipulate Jon). And Sansa can probably tell Jon about LF's scheme and stuff 

I think think that Sansa tired of John dismissing what she said. She used saving Rickon as Imp-etus to get John to agree to go after WF. because in her eyes, that is where the Starks belong.  Additionally she loves both her brothers, but is using what power she has to claim WF as a Stark now that she believes that she will be the only living Stark. 

Perhaps Howland Reed will make his way to WF in the aftermath with the Knights of the Vale 

Spoiler

to divulge John's true parentage. This way the lords of the North might actually make him KitN without loss of plausibility. Also Sansa gets off from LF wanting to marry her now that John will be the Lord of WF. Win win for both of them. 

6 hours ago, dalia said:

She doesn't hate him. Period.

Right? Why are so people so fervent in believing that Sansa "hates" Jon? I've never gotten those vibes from her or from him. I think Sansa has a  really hard time trusting anyone, what with after being with Ramsay and being manipulated by Littlefinger.  I think the only person she trusts completely and fully at this point is Theon, because Theon knows exactly what's going on in her mind, and the damage that has been done to her. 

That being said, regardless of her trust issues, there isn't a doubt in my mind that she cares for Jon deeply, and vice versa. She knows that he wouldn't ever hurt her or betray her, and so for this reason, I could see her backing Jon as the King of the North, if it came to that, which is definitely could.

6 hours ago, Quyen Thuy Tran said:

Solid advice without any Actual information. How great of a strategist she is. This is shit. It's the same as "don't be afraid, the lord will be here with us" while there's a whole tsunami before you and you can't run away from it.

How about the fact that she knew Ramsey. She knew what he would do and she knew exactly how Jon would react. Jon scoffed at the advice and he still fell for it. So yeah, she was right. Not shit at all. 

2 hours ago, LastManStanding said:

How about the fact that she knew Ramsey. She knew what he would do and she knew exactly how Jon would react. Jon scoffed at the advice and he still fell for it. So yeah, she was right. Not shit at all. 

She couldnt convince Jon because Jon is not a person like that. "Leave Rickon, he is already dead"

He was just like his father. With even a slightest chance Jon would take it. He will NOT ever leave his brother to die. Nor would he let Sansa die if it was the other way round.

Sansa saw the bigger picture. Maybe a little heartless. If she confessed to Jon, the vale army could have attacked from multiple directions once Rickon was released. A chaos would follow and he could have been saved. {Just my idea. There may be better ways}

But leaving your brother to die even if there was a slim chance is not Jons way. And when asked to give a plan, she just says

"I dont know. Just dont do what he wants you to do". Vague advice was not useful. A clear advice that LF was coming ir atleast more information would have been a start.

Moreover, it was not Jon but Davos who charged.

If Sansa thinks for her family's name, not herself, then backing up Jon as King of the north makes most sense and it will benefits her the most. He can command an army for her. She does not have to do any dirty trick for by herself. And if Sander come, she will have a free bodyguard who is the second fearsome in Westeros. 

She might have to get married to LF or Robin (I bet LF will arrange marriage with Robin for her), then Winterfell is still somehow safe from LF and Vale's control. And by backing up Jon, she will have his absolute loyalty (not that he will ever betray her in the first place). She will have both Winterfell and Vale if she plays it wisely. 

25 minutes ago, Chib said:

If Sansa thinks for her family's name, not herself, then backing up Jon as King of the north makes most sense and it will benefits her the most. He can command an army for her. She does not have to do any dirty trick for by herself. And if Sander come, she will have a free bodyguard who is the second fearsome in Westeros. 

She might have to get married to LF or Robin (I bet LF will arrange marriage with Robin for her), then Winterfell is still somehow safe from LF and Vale's control. And by backing up Jon, she will have his absolute loyalty (not that he will ever betray her in the first place). She will have both Winterfell and Vale if she plays it wisely. 

I don't get why do people think Sansa has anything to win from supporting Jon's claim. Her claim is stronger, she has more allies and Jon proved to be a terrible commander. It would be highly unlike Sansa to let herself be a pawn in someone else's game again, especially when she has a choice to be a player herself.

She has far more to gain by either claiming WF herself, OR marriage with Jon to strenghten Stark dynasty and rule over him as obviously, the smarter one. Not gonna happen, but wincest would be super fun. And more realistic than her backing up Jon's claim.

19 hours ago, Xarkar said:

I also am not convinced the LF is asking for marriage.  I dont think he is that stupid.

LF wants power everyone knows that.

When they  met in Moletown, the only thing LF seemed to want was to help her.  So maybe when she askes "what do you want" his answer is going to be to serve her?  

Serve her his 'littlefinger' that is (wink wink)

10 hours ago, Scorpion92 said:

I think revenge on the Freys is happening next episode, they would not include Freys cheering alongside Lannisters in the season finale if it did not include something massive (like certain assassin sneaking in and utilizing her new skills at poisoning).

I think next season Sansa will be involved in Vale storyline with Sweetrobin, and we shall witness mountain clans under some leader (it is Timmett in the books) taking back the Vale of Arryn, possibly with Tyrion's help. The husband and wife shall reunite.

Spoiler

Yep..  And apparently Frey pies!

2 hours ago, Kiwi said:

I don't get why do people think Sansa has anything to win from supporting Jon's claim. Her claim is stronger, she has more allies and Jon proved to be a terrible commander. It would be highly unlike Sansa to let herself be a pawn in someone else's game again, especially when she has a choice to be a player herself.

She has far more to gain by either claiming WF herself, OR marriage with Jon to strenghten Stark dynasty and rule over him as obviously, the smarter one. Not gonna happen, but wincest would be super fun. And more realistic than her backing up Jon's claim.

Since Sansa does have a better claim than Jon and has shown herself to be less of a dummy than him, it does make no sense for the North to support him and not her.  The only way I can see this happen is if Westros patriarchy rears it's ugly head which undermines the whole womenz power theme of the season or if Sansa and Jon team up to check LF.

To me, Sansa and Jon teaming up is the only thing that makes sense. LF proposes a marriage alliance but Sansa drops her claim in support of her brother.  It would also show growth on the part of both.  Sansa does not withhold information from Jon and Jon, who knows he screwed up the battle, accepts Sansa's counsel.  

47 minutes ago, illinifan said:

Since Sansa does have a better claim than Jon and has shown herself to be less of a dummy than him, it does make no sense for the North to support him and not her.  The only way I can see this happen is if Westros patriarchy rears it's ugly head which undermines the whole womenz power theme of the season or if Sansa and Jon team up to check LF.

To me, Sansa and Jon teaming up is the only thing that makes sense. LF proposes a marriage alliance but Sansa drops her claim in support of her brother.  It would also show growth on the part of both.  Sansa does not withhold information from Jon and Jon, who knows he screwed up the battle, accepts Sansa's counsel.  

This is probably exactly what will happen which would be pretty narratively satisfying, even if the set up for the battle itself wasn't and didn't serve either Jon or Sansa's characterizations very well.

It's complicated since book-Jon was legitimized by Robb's will and even if the show forgot to include that, the show is still going to end up in the same place with the characters which is King Jon in the North. Show-Sansa appears to have the better claim but that's ultimately trumped by Robb's will even if it doesn't exist in the show lol. (although I wouldn't be surprised at this point if a will magically materialized on the show for this episode) 

7 hours ago, PirateVergo said:

Sansa would let Littlefinger kill Jon if it mean she can be ruler of the north and live in peace.

She doesn't give a damn about her lowborn bastard brother who's nothing but an annoyance to her due to him being a male and battle proven.

After seeing their reunion, how have you reached this conclusion? Utter garbage.

Just now, dalia said:

After seeing their reunion, how can you come to this conclusion? Utter garbage. I'm starting to think I'm watching an entirely different show.

She was relieved because she could finally be safe, Sansa wasn't happy to see Jon, just to have someone who could protect her from Ramsay.

After seeing her smug smile as Jon's men were slaughtered, how she betrayed him and his army by not teling them about the vale, how she didn't care about anyone's safety including Rickon (despite using Ricko being captive as an argument for Jon to go to war with Ramsay) how can you actually believe she gives a damn about anyone's fate ?

7 hours ago, PirateVergo said:

She was relieved because she could finally be safe, Sansa wasn't happy to see Jon, just to have someone who could protect her from Ramsay.

After seeing her smug smile as Jon's men were slaughtered, how she betrayed him and his army by not teling them about the vale, how she didn't care about anyone's safety including Rickon (despite using Ricko being captive as an argument for Jon to go to war with Ramsay) how can you actually believe she gives a damn about anyone's fate ?

Her smile was in response to seeing the Vale charge and slaughter the Bolton army. You clearly don't understand her character very well.

7 minutes ago, PirateVergo said:

She wasn't smiling over Jon's men dying she was smiling over the Bolton army getting killed by the Vale knights. Get a grip. Calling the withholding of the Vale a "betrayal" is ridiculous. And her saying they needed to save Rickon when she first heard about his capture doesn't contradict her pragmatism later. She had time to think after finding out what had happened to Rickon, and so he knew by the eve of the battle that there was no hope of saving him. It does not mean she doesn't give af about her brothers. Again I say, get a grip. (D&D and Sophie Turner and Kit Harington would all tell you the same thing btw)

7 hours ago, IrisBest said:

She wasn't smiling over Jon's men dying she was smiling over the Bolton army getting killed by the Vale knights. Get a grip. Calling the withholding of the Vale a "betrayal" is ridiculous. And her saying they needed to save Rickon when she first heard about his capture doesn't contradict her pragmatism later. She had time to think after finding out what had happened to Rickon, and so he knew by the eve of the battle that there was no hope of saving him. It does not mean she doesn't give af about her brothers. Again I say, get a grip. (D&D and Sophie Turner and Kit Harington would all tell you the same thing btw)

Drop mic.

Archived