How did Sansa know the dogs hadn't been fed in 7 days?

During the course of the dialogue between the Snow and Bolton camps Sansa rode away before this detail was thrown out there by Ramsey, just a little detail I noticed that is t really important, but what do you think? Was this missed by the writers or does Sansa know Ramsey that well that he'd do such a thing beforehand, or did John tell her what was said after Winterfell falls to the Stark Army?

3 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

Somebody told her after the battle was won? We do not see every conversation or event that happens in-universe.

This.

The other men who were there might have been overheard talking about it. I imagine one of the Northern lords on Jon's side keeps dogs and was offended and said something. I imagine if the kennelmaster/"stableboy"/whoever else Ramsay let's look after the dogs lived the first thing he asked to do is be allowed to feed the dogs. 

The whole setup was likely Sansa's idea. If they'd put him in there straight away the dogs would have been done with Ramsay long before Sansa got there. 

There's nothing more pathetic than assuming a line such as this was randomly discussed to Sansa behind closed doors. I don't buy that all.

Sansa's line implied she was throwing Ramsay's own words back in his face. It's just another example of writers purposefully saying things they want the audience to remember, carelessly forgetting there is something called a "fourth wall".

I could be wrong, but wasn't it mentioned in earlier episodes, that Ramsay doesn't feed his dogs, if his going to hunt (which he did regulary)? When Walda died, the hounds weren't fed in days too, weren't they? I assumed he would let them starve on regular basis.

Sansa does know about his dog fetish and Ramsay was pretty confident, that he would win this battle. It wouldn't be the first time, that the torturing of prisoners would involve his hounds.

The exact numbers of days were a bit odd though. She could have just said, you haven't fed them in days.

1 minute ago, RedWeddingCake said:

Guys, Sansa was there when Ramsey said this to the other men.

This. Sansa was within earshot when Ramsey said that. And he intended for her to hear that so she and Jon would be intimidated.

18 minutes ago, Mordos_Kull said:

My question is, why didn't Ramsay use his dogs in the battle?

For what? He had soldiers. He was certain to win. The dogs were held out for other purposes.

As for the main question:

1. She was present when he said that.

2. Even if she wasn't, after Ramsay was taken captive there had to be a discussion what to do with him, and his line about the dogs not being fed for 7 days could be very naturally mentioned.

23 minutes ago, Mordos_Kull said:

My question is, why didn't Ramsay use his dogs in the battle? You'd think he'd be the kind of person who would do that, or are we're seriously going to suggest he wouldn't like his dogs come to any harm?

The answer's quite simple.

They'd be chopped up/trampled/skewered by arrows before they'd make any sort of impact.

That, plus they're so ravenous they'd probably attack anyone, not just Ramsay's enemies.

57 minutes ago, RedWeddingCake said:

No she wasn't. 

She had rode off and was at a comfortable distance away when Ramsey started talking about wanting Sansa in his bed again. 

The line about the hounds came after that, when Sansa was even further away. 

She wouldn't have heard it. No chance in hell. 

Silly writing continuity error. 

2 hours ago, Mordos_Kull said:

My question is, why didn't Ramsay use his dogs in the battle? You'd think he'd be the kind of person who would do that, or are we're seriously going to suggest he wouldn't like his dogs come to any harm?

I don't see why anyone would use dogs in battle? Well trained or not, they are dogs? Like he'd have to be right there to give them specific orders. They aren't smart enough to go out on their own and just attack the correct people, even if there was a chance they'd make even the smallest difference in a battle, which they wouldn't. They'd be killed so quickly by swords or arrows, etc. 

2 hours ago, RedWeddingCake said:

THIS. She might have just ridden away, but he spoke plenty loudly enough for her to have heard anyway, especially on an open field like that. 

9 minutes ago, Lyin' Ned said:

This. 

But the dog who ate Ramsay's face was so cute tho. 

INDEED. I hope we are done with viscous kill dogs now because they are very cute and I think Sansa should adopt them all to replace Lady. 

I just assumed there was at least a few words between Sansa and Jon right after she asked him where Ramsey was.  We weren't shown that conversation because it would take away the effect of seeing Sansa approach the cell and all that followed.  Heck, it may have been Jon's idea:

Sansa:  Where is he?

Jon:  He's in a cell.  Hey, he said he hadn't fed his dogs in a week, do you want to go feed Ramsey to his own dogs?  That would be cool.  We'll discuss that whole Littlefinger thing afterward.

1 hour ago, FastestTurtle said:

My question is, why would the dogs wait until Sansa finished talking?  The gates seemed to be unlocked already by the time Sansa arrived the kennel.

This is 100% fan-wank but Ramsay being the sicko he is might have installed a system of string and pulleys to open the dogs' cages remotely she might have done that just before starting to talk to him and the dogs took a while to register due to being weak from hunger? Not much experience with how a starved dog would behave, mine is always well fed.

Also that first dog was so licking the actors face ^-^

Archived