Melisandre's Fate *SPOILERS*

On 6/27/2016 at 2:29 PM, mafro987daboss said:

If they were going to write out Melisandre like they did Gendry, they would've just killed her. She will without any shadow of doubt be in the next season, either with the Brotherhood or with Daenerys.

Can't say I didn't call it :D! So Mel is banished. But where she was left this season, she has no purpose in this story much. Why would she join BwB if they are going north and she can't? They also already have a red priest. Dany is not there yet and Mel does not seem to know anything about her. I don't really see her dead either, as even if she meets Arya, such meeting has no purpose - Arya has no real reason to want her dead. Maybe Mel will just pass her the news from north and disappear from the story altogether, like Jorah, I presume. Or maybe she'll become yet another Dany's sidekick later on. I don't think she will appear in more than 2 episodes in the next season.

Agree. Other than closure with the meet-up with Arya, her job is done. Meeting Dany might be a bit awkward given she's announced Jon to be the Promised One; if doesn't perish the the Gendry/Jorah Green Room she'll have to meet some random grizzly fate.

An article from a french website

http://www.mcm.fr/game-of-thrones-saison-6-episode-10-jon-snow-a-t-il-fait-la-plus-grosse-erreur-de-sa-vie-a539836.html

"Did Jon make the biggest mistake in his life?"

it speaks about the dangers of banishing Melisandre on Jon Snow

he can't be resurrected anymore which means that the next death of Jon can be definitive

Thoughts?

41 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

An article from a french website

http://www.mcm.fr/game-of-thrones-saison-6-episode-10-jon-snow-a-t-il-fait-la-plus-grosse-erreur-de-sa-vie-a539836.html

"Did Jon make the biggest mistake in his life?"

it speaks about the dangers of banishing Melisandre on Jon Snow

he can't be resurrected anymore which means that the next death of Jon can be definitive

Thoughts?

Well, he didn't want to be resurrected. He didn't even let Mel resurrect his own brother, or WunWun ;) I bet we will see Mel again, at least in the books...

19 hours ago, Kiwi said:

Can't say I didn't call it :D! So Mel is banished. But where she was left this season, she has no purpose in this story much. Why would she join BwB if they are going north and she can't? They also already have a red priest. Dany is not there yet and Mel does not seem to know anything about her. I don't really see her dead either, as even if she meets Arya, such meeting has no purpose - Arya has no real reason to want her dead. Maybe Mel will just pass her the news from north and disappear from the story altogether, like Jorah, I presume. Or maybe she'll become yet another Dany's sidekick later on. I don't think she will appear in more than 2 episodes in the next season

49 minutes ago, DeGavph said:

A lot of references to Lightbringer on this thread,

but I thought that there was no concept of Lightbringer in the TV shows in the first place - only the Prince that was promised.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong...

Outside of Stannis pulling the flaming sword from the burning idols no.

Archived