Melisandre's Fate *SPOILERS*

On 20.6.2016 at 8:20 PM, Drogo_1 said:

I don't think Mel is long for this world. The show brilliantly led Davos to the truth about Shireen. Obviously he is going to bring that up in ep 10. I have a gut feeling that Jon will judge her guilty and order her death. This is where I put my tin foil on. I think she will then willingly play the part of Nissa Nissa and allow Jon to kill her with Longclaw/thereby changing it to
Lightbringer. At this point Dondarion and Thoros show up. Thoros takes Mel's place as the new head priest/drinker.

I like the part about Mel's death results in Lightbringer, which is fitting accourding to the profecy. Jons sword has had an awful lot of screentime.

12 minutes ago, Taylor Swift said:

My personal opinion is Mel's story is done, she brought Jon back.

There is nothing left for her to do.

Thoros a new more powerful red priest is also heading North. So no need of Mel anymore.

That's what i think.

Also Carice is pregnant. So either she will have a small role in S7 or be written out.

That's a good point. But she confirmed her pregnancy in march, so I guess by the time they'll be shooting S7, she will be available. Not sure though, can't say I'm a tv production expert.

Anyway, Mel will be banished. It is known.

20 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

That's a good point. But she confirmed her pregnancy in march, so I guess by the time they'll be shooting S7, she will be available. Not sure though, can't say I'm a tv production expert.

Arya may show Mel some Needle work

19 hours ago, tugela said:

Daenerys is lightbringer. It is a metaphorical sword, not a physical one. Lightbringer is created when Azor Ahai tempers his sword with his wife's blood and her soul is infused with the blade. It is a metaphor for them going together in a relationship, fighting for some time, then uniting for a common goal. Azor Ahai is the inspirational leader, Lightbringer is the warrior. Azor Ahai "wields" lightbringer, as in directing Daenerys to take her armies and dragons against the threat from beyond the wall.

I honestly never thought of it that way. So based on your theory, would Jon Snow be Aor Ahai and Dany is his lightbringer? I mean it's called a song of ice and fire. He is literally a 50/50 mix of both. IMHO Jon is absolutely the inspirational leader at this point.

43 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

I think Mel will be banished.

Also, speaking of pregnancy, unless Carice was at least several months pregnant when she announced this in March, she won't be available to shoot till at least early January. Because you have to consider that she most likely won't be available for her last month of pregnancy (maybe more) and for a first month after birth, since she would need to physically recover.

Just hope Jon will not do something stupid like forgiving her and that would make Davos go. But where would he go? Davos knows threat Beyond the Wall and how important is to fight them. He's important to Jon as Tyrion is to Daeny.

3 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

But she's the only one who knows about the prince that was promised is Jon so no, I don't see her dying any time soon until the war of the dawn

Is he? it seems like she's guessing. Davos called her out on it like Stannis was supposed to be one and now Jon. Jon should banish her or imprison her. He needs to do something.

10 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Is he? it seems like she's guessng. Davos called her out on it like Stannis was supposed to be one and now Jon. Jon should banish her or imprison her. He needs to do something.

My opinion is her guess is right now, Jon will pardon her, she resurrected him and I think that he will see that it's injustice to make Melisandre pay for Shireen's death, many other people were responsible for it, Davos will not like the decision, he will try to kill her, but she will kill him, I just don't see that Davos is more valuable than melisandre for Jon

19 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Just hope Jon will not do something stupid like forgiving her and that would make Davos go. But where would he go? Davos knows threat Beyond the Wall and how important is to fight them. He's important to Jon as Tyrion is to Daeny.

You contradict yourself. If Davos cared about the threat north of the Wall why would he want to kill someone that can birth shadow babies, resurrect people and has a connection with a FIRE god (that being what kills wights)? It's totally ridiculous to kill Mel and claim he cares about the threat.

I'd love to see Mel kill him. So many people are saying Melisandre has no purpose but what exactly does Davos do? His role as military advisor can be just as easily replaced as Melisandre's.

1 hour ago, mafro987daboss said:

You contradict yourself. If Davos cared about the threat north of the Wall why would he want to kill someone that can birth shadow babies, resurrect people and has a connection with a FIRE god (that being what kills wights)? It's totally ridiculous to kill Mel and claim he cares about the threat.

I'd love to see Mel kill him. So many people are saying Melisandre has no purpose but what exactly does Davos do? His role as military advisor can be just as easily replaced as Melisandre's.

Remember what Davos said about Stannis having demons in his head?  He meant Melisandre.  She is a corrosive influence, all the more so because she says she is on the side of light.  Yes, she has powers.  But look where those powers led Stannis.  Now she says that the Prince Who Was Promised is Jon.  But she might still be wrong, maybe it's Dany.

Like it says in the bible, you shall know them by their works.  Mel spawned shadow babies that killed Stannis' brother and burned his daughter alive.  Maybe someday she'll say that Jon needs to burn Sansa in order to stop the white walkers.  Or Arya, when she's rediscovered.  Better to shut her up now and never put yourself in that situation.

This should not be a Jon's decision. Stannis was a self proclaim King, Davos recognized him as such and Jon did too in some way. Also Stannis was Shireen's father; Melissandre was just an adviser, she advised to burn the child but the ultimate decision was with Stannis and his Queen. Stannis acted as a King and as a father and on the other hand it isn't like the Lord of Light didn't deliver, the snowing stopped and melted. Melissandre did her part but the guilt reside with the self-declared King.

2 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Is he? it seems like she's guessing. Davos called her out on it like Stannis was supposed to be one and now Jon. Jon should banish her or imprison her. He needs to do something.

No, the right messages were being sent to her, but she was misinterpreting them. At one point she complains that she looks into the flames for guidance on Azor Ahai, but all she sees is snow. The snow is a metaphor for Snow, but she did not understand that.

I have a hard time believing Davos would try to kill her - her loved Shireen but that feels like a character stretch to me. Not that D&D wouldn't go there regardless if it served them of course. 

13 minutes ago, Lord Freddy Blackfyre said:

This should not be a Jon's decision. Stannis was a self proclaim King, Davos recognized him as such and Jon did too in some way. Also Stannis was Shireen's father; Melissandre was just an adviser, she advised to burn the child but the ultimate decision was with Stannis and his Queen. Stannis acted as a King and as a father and on the other hand it isn't like the Lord of Light didn't deliver, the snowing stopped and melted. Melissandre did her part but the guilt reside with the self-declared King.

Selyse was not on board with them burning Shireen. That was Stannis's decision, because he wanted power above anything else.

51 minutes ago, Bold Barry Whitebeard said:

Like it says in the bible, you shall know them by their works.  Mel spawned shadow babies that killed Stannis' brother and burned his daughter alive.  Maybe someday she'll say that Jon needs to burn Sansa in order to stop the white walkers.  Or Arya, when she's rediscovered.  Better to shut her up now and never put yourself in that situation.

there is a big dilemma in Melisandre's story, even GRRM talk about it, Melisandre is sure that the white walkers are coming, she's a good person and she wants to save the world, but because of her religion, her practices are very controversial, if she spelled same magic on Stannis and Selyse to make them accept the burning of shireen then ok she must die, but she didn't, Stannis and Selyse accepted willingly, they are as responsible as Melisandre

11 minutes ago, tugela said:

No, the right messages were being sent to her, but she was misinterpreting them. At one point she complains that she looks into the flames for guidance on Azor Ahai, but all she sees is snow. The snow is a metaphor for Snow, but she did not understand that.

In the books but in the show they declared Daeny as the One Who Was Promised, Mel vaguely mentioned Jon as PTWP and we can't have two. It seems like she's gussing and being wrong about this.

2 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

My opinion is her guess is right now, Jon will pardon her, she resurrected him and I think that he will see that it's injustice to make Melisandre pay for Shireen's death, many other people were responsible for it, Davos will not like the decision, he will try to kill her, but she will kill him, I just don't see that Davos is more valuable than melisandre for Jon

Davos is Jon's most trusted advisor and Jon said it himself if it wasn't for him, he wouldn't nbe there. So I guess he values him highly. R'hllor brought Jon back and not Melisandre and she said it herself. Stannis gave the order but Mel pushed him into it.

Archived