The Dreadfort

The Starks just overthrew the rightful Warden of the North in the Crown's eyes, and prior to that led a separatist movement against the Seven Kingdoms. Even if the Starks were inclined to bend the knee to the crown, which they aren't, the Crown has no reason to accept them as anything more than rebels. Lest we forget the Tullys were just crushed in a similar scenario after retaking their home seat and starting a new rebellion.

Regardless, the Lord of a major region always has control over their vassal lands. Even if everything was somehow right as rain between Winterfell and the Crown, the Starks would get say over who rules. As things stand, either Jon or Sansa is the de facto Lord of Winterfell and they'll need to decide if they're going to try and reconcile with the Crown somehow or just resume the King in the North title.

Either way, they do have the Bolton, Umber, Glover and Karstark lands to hand out to those loyal. I'd imagine Jon Snow(if Sansa is the one doling out titles), the wildlings, the Mormonts and Hornwoods would all stand to benefit from standing with the Starks in this manner.

7 minutes ago, Remi of House Myrdal said:

are there any remaining boltons? Who was running the castle whilst Ramsay and Roose took to Winterfell?

I don't think there are any direct family members. Ramsay killed Walda and her child and there were no other children as far as I remember. There must be some other relations and household people holding down the dread fort. 

2 minutes ago, Forlong the Fat said:

I don't think there are any direct family members. Ramsay killed Walda and her child and there were no other children as far as I remember. There must be some other relations and household people holding down the dread fort. 

Yea, I think Sansa also eludes to this also when she tells Ramsey that nobody will remember his house or his name etc.  Even in the books the Bolton line is very small.  I'm pretty sure the Boltons are completely extinct now.

27 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

The Starks just overthrew the rightful Warden of the North in the Crown's eyes, and prior to that led a separatist movement against the Seven Kingdoms. Even if the Starks were inclined to bend the knee to the crown, which they aren't, the Crown has no reason to accept them as anything more than rebels. Lest we forget the Tullys were just crushed in a similar scenario after retaking their home seat and starting a new rebellion.

Regardless, the Lord of a major region always has control over their vassal lands. Even if everything was somehow right as rain between Winterfell and the Crown, the Starks would get say over who rules. As things stand, either Jon or Sansa is the de facto Lord of Winterfell and they'll need to decide if they're going to try and reconcile with the Crown somehow or just resume the King in the North title.

Either way, they do have the Bolton, Umber, Glover and Karstark lands to hand out to those loyal. I'd imagine Jon Snow(if Sansa is the one doling out titles), the wildlings, the Mormonts and Hornwoods would all stand to benefit from standing with the Starks in this manner.

I wonder what would Crown think about Ramsay marrying Sansa though. I don't think they'd be too delighted.

8 minutes ago, adamr said:

I wonder what would Crown think about Ramsay marrying Sansa though. I don't think they'd be too delighted.

I think that's why Littlefinger got the go ahead from Cersei to take out the Boltons with the Vale army.

1 minute ago, Lyin' Ned said:

A sound choice. Tormund should get Last Hearth, it suits him more. 

Oh, I just realized:

Umber sigil = Giant

Tormund Giantsbane 

Nice.

Although I don't really see Tormund with a castle. He wouldn't know what the fuck to do with one.

4 minutes ago, Lyin' Ned said:

A sound choice. Tormund should get Last Hearth, it suits him more. 

Oh, I just realized:

Umber sigil = Giant

Tormund Giantsbane 

In the show it's crossed chains. Which admittedly looks less... silly,

27 minutes ago, adamr said:

Cersei wouldn't be. She wasn't. But as the show has pointed out, her views and the Crown's aren't one and the same anymore. Given the way the world works, I don't think there would be much issue with the Boltons marrying a Stark to solidify their claim. That is how things are done after all. Cersei's grudge towards Sansa was mostly personal.

Just now, Lord Lannister said:

Cersei wouldn't be. She wasn't. But as the show has pointed out, her views and the Crown's aren't one and the same anymore. Given the way the world works, I don't think there would be much issue with the Boltons marrying a Stark to solidify their claim. That is how things are done after all. Cersei's grudge towards Sansa was mostly personal.

Isn't Sansa still accused of murdering Joffrey though?

Archived