So in the same episode where the Starks fight a desperate battle and defeat Ramsay by the skin of their teeth only thanks to the efforts of Baelish and the Vale, and still sustain some heavy losses (Rickon and Wun Wun), we have Dany beating the Masters like she's playing in Easy Mode. 

Everything goes well for her, there's no hiccup of any kind, the dragons are automatically obedient and synchronized, there are no major casualties on her side, and she even gets a brand new fleet to replace the ships she burned. She didn't even need the Greyjoys' help. 

Is this contrast just unfortunate? Should the battle had been harder for Dany? 

4 minutes ago, Ser Greenseer said:

Dany has been playing on easy mode the entire series.

Indeed. But I think this episode reinforces that idea by having the Starks square off against the Joker while she's stuck with Kite Man, Crazy Quilt and Polka-Dot Man. 

Not that the slavers aren't straight out of a fourth rate rogues gallery in the books but at least she doesn't have the Gym Medal to use Fly and control high level Charizards yet, so it seems that in the books she's going to need all the help she can get to get out of that pickle. 

7 minutes ago, Lyin' Ned said:

Indeed. But I think this episode reinforces that idea by having the Starks square off against the Joker while she's stuck with Kite Man, Crazy Quilt and Polka-Dot Man. 

Not that the slavers aren't straight out of a fourth rate rogues gallery in the books but at least she doesn't have the Gym Medal to use Fly and control high level Charizards yet, so it seems that in the books she's going to need all the help she can get to get out of that pickle. 

So many pop culture metaphors....

Just now, jollyroger said:

So many pop culture metaphors....

I've used more, believe me. 

3 minutes ago, Quyen Thuy Tran said:

It wll be ironic if there will be a storm attacking her boats and army, and when she finally arrives westeros, she already loses half of the army then there's rivalry from the fake Aegon and Euron. It will make her arc harder and more exciting IMO. 

Exactly. She needs more obstacles and setbacks. Everything that happened to Matt Damon in The Martian needs to happen to her. I wanna see her having to grow potatoes from her own shit to survive. 

I rather enjoyed it lol.

The slaver's didn't have an army that could have withstood her horde of Dothraki anyways ( so saved time ) once the landed, and it was beyond time to show us just how much of a ace in the hole three large dragons are. Hell, three was all it took to subdue the Seven Kingdoms ( well; 6 if you don't want to count Dorne ).

I mean; She's with the Horde at the end of DwD anyways, so there's really no reason to believe it's going to play out any differently in WoW.

I think Dany will make it to Westeros just fine.

8 minutes ago, Lyin' Ned said:

I've used more, believe me. 

Exactly. She needs more obstacles and setbacks. Everything that happened to Matt Damon in The Martian needs to happen to her. I wanna see her having to grow potatoes from her own shit to survive. 

Lol it would be funny that after all the glorious convenient plots she has gotten, it's not her who rules the 7 kingdoms. Maybe they will all turn into independent kingdoms.

What I thought was stupid is how the dragons are just floating there in mid air like that and not one ship thinks to fire the catapults at it. Those dragons are at least twice the size they were just a few episodes ago and looked like a 747 hovering there breathing fire in slow motion, they would have made very easy targets for that fleet of siege engines.

2 minutes ago, Net-Viper X said:

What I thought was stupid is how the dragons are just floating there in mid air like that and not one ship thinks to fire the catapults at it. Those dragons are at least twice the size they were just a few episodes ago and looked like a 747 hovering there breathing fire in slow motion, they would have made very easy targets for that fleet of siege engines.

How exactly do you think they aim those things? 

GRRM likes to use historical events as inspiration for his books and the Dothraki are partly inspired by the Mongols.

Maybe the same will happen to the Dothraki at sea, as what happened to the Mongols when they tried to invade Japan? It would be a fitting end to Daenerys imho if she loses a large part of the Dothraki at sea (which fits thematically with their fear for it) and ends up with a force that is not big enough to conquer Westeros. Then in the endgame she'll sacrifice her dragons and what force remains, like the Unsullied, to help Westeros drive back the White Walkers.

25 minutes ago, Dany's Golden Fleece said:

Fire breathing Dragons vs wooden ships? No contest. Masters thought the dragons were incapacitated and brought a knife to a gun fight. 

The problem is that Viseryon and Rhaegal should've been almost feral after clawing their way to freedom after their negligent mother left them to die in the Planetos version of a hot car. They should've attacked foes and friends alike. 

Then again, maybe they got super mellow after their training with Tyrion Millan. 

2 minutes ago, NutBurz said:

How exactly do you think they aim those things? 

I'm not sure how they aim them as I have never fired one myself, but apparently they can be aimed. Trebuchet's are known for their range and accuracy, and those dragons are hovering in mid air and half the size of a football field. I'm pretty sure with targets that big and that close that not much aiming would be required.

Just now, Net-Viper X said:

I'm not sure how they aim them as I have never fired one myself, but apparently they can be aimed. Trebuchet's are known for their range and accuracy, and those dragons are hovering in mid flight and half the size of a football field. I'm pretty sure with targets that big and that close that not much aiming would be required.

They don´t aim, they´re built into the ship, they´d have to stir the entire ship and then the dragon just has to move a little to the side.

3 minutes ago, Lyin' Ned said:

The problem is that Viseryon and Rhaegal should've been almost feral after clawing their way to freedom after their negligent mother left them to die in the Planetos version of a hot car. They should've attacked foes and friends alike. 

Then again, maybe they got super mellow after their training with Tyrion Millan. 

Daenerys clearly has mental control over them. You don´t think they heard her say Draccaris, right? She almost whispers to show us that she doesn´t really have to say anything.

2 minutes ago, NutBurz said:

Daenerys clearly has mental control over them. You don´t think they heard her say Draccaris, right? She almost whispers to show us that she doesn´t really have to say anything.

Correct, but that's why she's playing in Easy Mode, she's already OP enough controlling just one. With her mind control over all three she'll be more invincible than Arya's intestines. 

Archived