3 minutes ago, Lyin' Ned said:

Correct, but that's why she's playing in Easy Mode, she's already OP enough controlling just one. With her mind control over all three she'll be more invincible than Arya's intestines. 

Yeah, I´ve always had a problem with exactly how much control she has over them, I´d find it much better storytelling if it was close to none but I´m ready to accept that, since it´s fundamentally magical, it´s "all or nothing" like Bran. How OP is time-travelling, you know

12 minutes ago, NutBurz said:

Daenerys clearly has mental control over them. You don´t think they heard her say Draccaris, right? She almost whispers to show us that she doesn´t really have to say anything.

I don't know if she can control all of them. Viserion and Rhaegal could have simply followed Drogon's lead. But she does control Drogon, though. He didn't show up near the Masters, exactly when she needed him, purely by coincidence. 

7 minutes ago, Lyin' Ned said:

Correct, but that's why she's playing in Easy Mode, she's already OP enough controlling just one. With her mind control over all three she'll be more invincible than Arya's intestines. 

Is it her playing on Easy Mode, or were the Masters' strategy flawed? Because we can see it the other way around as well: they underestimated their opponent and paid for it.

One thing is clear, though! Westeros is royally screwed.

They underestimated Dany and foolishly attacked when a truce was struck. 

Precisely. If they would've kept their word, they would still be alive.

17 minutes ago, Survivor92 said:

GRRM likes to use historical events as inspiration for his books and the Dothraki are partly inspired by the Mongols.

Maybe the same will happen to the Dothraki at sea, as what happened to the Mongols when they tried to invade Japan? It would be a fitting end to Daenerys imho if she loses a large part of the Dothraki at sea (which fits thematically with their fear for it) and ends up with a force that is not big enough to conquer Westeros. Then in the endgame she'll sacrifice her dragons and what force remains, like the Unsullied, to help Westeros drive back the White Walkers.

This will be an exciting plot.

30 minutes ago, Lyin' Ned said:

The problem is that Viseryon and Rhaegal should've been almost feral after clawing their way to freedom after their negligent mother left them to die in the Planetos version of a hot car. They should've attacked foes and friends alike. 

Then again, maybe they got super mellow after their training with Tyrion Millan. 

She controls Drogon, and i assume the other dragons would follow him, but then again maybe they just follow Dany.

34 minutes ago, NutBurz said:

They don´t aim, they´re built into the ship, they´d have to stir the entire ship and then the dragon just has to move a little to the side.

Well if you need to turn the whole ship then that's what you do, all three dragons had their attention on that one ship, they might not even notice the ones behind them turning to fire. When you have a massive dragon the size of an aircraft carrier burning you to death, you do anything you can no matter how desperate. If all you have is the load of shit in your pants, then you better grab a handful and throw it at them because its all you got and desperate times call for desperate measures. Even shaking your dick at the dragons is better than just standing there gawking while they torch you.

The point I am trying to make is that its better to do something than to do nothing. If a guy has you at gunpoint and he is certain to kill you, what do you have to loose by trying to take the gun from him? Your gonna die anyway if you don't, so might as well give it a shot, you might get lucky.

for me, her story is basically of a person who gets everything he needs to do something but at the end he will not do it, she got everything she needs for her conquests but when she will arrive to Westeros, she will find a burned KL, the WW slaughtering everything in their way to the south, she will abandon her dreams and go fighting the WW (like Stannis did), she got everything in the easy way now but she will never do anything with it

This is why showDany's story is so uninteresting to me a lot of the time. There is no struggle. I never worry about what will happen to her because I always know there will be some turn of events and everything will go her way.

At least the other two plot armored characters have setbacks and obstacles to overcome. You are pretty sure Jon and Tyrion are going to make it, but they get dragged through the mud and crapped on all the time.

It's the same reason I, a comic book fan, could never enjoy Superman.

1 minute ago, caravaggio said:

This is why showDany's story is so uninteresting to me a lot of the time. There is no struggle. I never worry about what will happen to her because I always know there will be some turn of events and everything will go her way.

At least the other two plot armored characters have setbacks and obstacles to overcome. You are pretty sure Jon and Tyrion are going to make it, but they get dragged through the mud and crapped on all the time.

It's the same reason I, a comic book fan, could never enjoy Superman.

Lol we are not even sure Jon would make it out alive after the final battle. Trying surely will live because he is the top favorite character.

2 hours ago, Lyin' Ned said:

Indeed. But I think this episode reinforces that idea by having the Starks square off against the Joker while she's stuck with Kite Man, Crazy Quilt and Polka-Dot Man. 

Not that the slavers aren't straight out of a fourth rate rogues gallery in the books but at least she doesn't have the Gym Medal to use Fly and control high level Charizards yet, so it seems that in the books she's going to need all the help she can get to get out of that pickle. 

I can't follow what you're saying

1 hour ago, Net-Viper X said:

gWell if you need to turn the whole ship then that's what you do, all three dragons had their attention on that one ship, they might not even notice the ones behind them turning to fire. When you have a massive dragon the size of an aircraft carrier burning you to death, you do anything you can no matter how desperate. If all you have is the load of shit in your pants, then you better grab a handful and throw it at them because its all you got and desperate times call for desperate measures. Even shaking your dick at the dragons is better than just standing there gawking while they torch you.

The point I am trying to make is that its better to do something than to do nothing. If a guy has you at gunpoint and he is certain to kill you, what do you have to loose by trying to take the gun from him? Your gonna die anyway if you don't, so might as well give it a shot, you might get lucky.

Except that ships that size ( carrying trebs no less ) don't turn on a dime or magically spin in place.

You've got a ship on your left and a ship on your right? You're fucked.

There's no room to maneuver without entangling, rendering both ships unable to move at all ( best case scenario ), or you end up sending yourself and the other vessel to the bottom.

There's a reason why Dany got to add those ships to her fleet. After seeing the dragons in action the other crews realized they were fucked, so they surrendered.

3 minutes ago, facelessaryas said:

Wait til she gets to Kings Landing. That is going to be gone. It's already Crazytown. Every section of Westeros is going through troubles. I can't wait to see Dany and Tyrions face when they find out Cersei burned it down. 

Tyrion will be like: "Fxxx, I have just taken a short trip away from home and look at what my dear sister has done!" 

Dany will be like: "I wouldn't have left Esso." 

3 hours ago, Dany's Golden Fleece said:

Fire breathing Dragons vs wooden ships? No contest. Masters thought the dragons were incapacitated and brought a knife to a gun fight. 

Ships full of flammable material, don't forget. They were throwing ignited tarballs :D

10 minutes ago, The Bastard Dayne said:

Could happen.

But, I think your vastly simplifying hitting such a small target on the deck of a ship at sea ( pitch and roll ).

Yeah but with all the feats of martial ability in this world I think it is well within reason.

Archived