Who will resist Dany in Westeros?

I imagine D&D want Dany to face some (human, not WW) resistance in Westeros. that way they can have battle scenes, excitement, etc (good tv stuff)

Who is powerful enough to resist AND has the desire to resist?

1. Winter is coming (white ravens signal change of season) so most houses need to prepare for the winter (save food etc)

2. From memory, only 3 houses have significant armies: House Tyrell (why would they want to make common cause with the Lannisters to fight Dany)

House Martell of Dorne (again, why would they want to make common cause with the Lannisters to fight Dany especially if they were "pro" Targ before RR)

House Arryn of The Vale (LF does have great ambitions AND a wormhole to move about westeros quickly so he is the "best bet"????)

House Greyjoy: Euron does have lots of ships but he would need to ally himself with others. 

I think realistically if she just comes in with a Dothraki Horde and begins conquering stuff EVERYONE will initially stand up against her because they want to fight her. But likely as it was with Aegon they'll all give up pretty quickly.

HOWEVER, I don't know that I agree that she'll fight humans in Westeros. They've held her off from coming to Westeros long enough that it seems like she'll arrive after everything in KL has exploded (literally, it seems) and winter has come. Potentially after the wall falls. I'm pretty sure her war in Westeros will be THE war and not a human on human conflict. 

Remember season 2,E10 house of the undying?

She walks into the throne room to find the Iron throne vacant, covered in snow, with no roof.

If Cersei blows up KL, and Winter has arrived... then the vision was right.

She will get to KL too late, and the throne wont matter.

It all depends when she arrives. If Cersei burns down King's Landing, if the lords are in the North to battle the Others, etc.

For all we know, she could land in Westeros to a ghost Kingdom. We did see the Throne room destroyed in her vision. 

7 minutes ago, Xarkar said:

Remember season 2,E10 house of the undying?

She walks into the throne room to find the Iron throne vacant, covered in snow, with no roof.

If Cersei blows up KL, and Winter has arrived... then the vision was right.

She will get to KL too late, and the throne wont matter.

Correct. She will have finally arrived and it will not matter. Her true battle is in the north against the WW's

She will definetly rely on allies. She has dragons, but they are not so big yet that a nice ballista shot or simply enough spears/arrows couldnt kill them, and her actual army is lackluster. 

Light infantry and light cavalry. Im not saying Unsullied and Dothraki arent good at fighting, but the moment they meet a formidable force of  heavy infantry and armored knights,  they are on the backfoot. 

That is, if the show bothers with battlefield realism , which it probably wont. 

9 minutes ago, Lord of Nutella said:

She will definetly rely on allies. She has dragons, but they are not so big yet that a nice ballista shot or simply enough spears/arrows couldnt kill them, and her actual army is lackluster. 

Light infantry and light cavalry. Im not saying Unsullied and Dothraki arent good at fighting, but the moment they meet a formidable force of  heavy infantry and armored knights,  they are on the backfoot. 

That is, if the show bothers with battlefield realism , which it probably wont. 

Which armies are left intact? Not many. Most have been decimated by the ongoing wars. Farm lands have been torched.

How many wildlings do you think survived the battle of the bastards?

Westeros is war weary & probably starting to glorify the good ol days when the Targaryens ruled the lands.... They will follow whoever lets them keep what they see as historically theirs. 

i think that it will be important to see how jon snow takes R+L=J. he technically has more legitimacy than daenarys if the theory is true which most likely it is. it could make jon a formidable foe for dany. But then again jon is relatively humble and their is a good chance that he would rather fight the white walkers than challenge the Iron Throne

The Lannister armies seem still pretty solid, same goes for the Tyrell armies. 

But there are obviously only a few thousand men-at-arms and even less knights for either one of those houses, the rest would be drafted  smallfolk like in the Wot5k. So yeah, not too good i guess:/

Do we know how many Dothraki she has?

1 hour ago, SGB7777 said:

i think that it will be important to see how jon snow takes R+L=J. he technically has more legitimacy than daenarys if the theory is true which most likely it is.

If R+L=J, then Jon has no legitimacy, since he would still be a bastard.  Unless the theory also assumes that Rhaegar and Lyanna wed - Aegon the Conqueror married both his wives, but I don't recall if future Targaryens took multiple wives.

2 hours ago, Rumy Stark said:

I think realistically if she just comes in with a Dothraki Horde and begins conquering stuff EVERYONE will initially stand up against her because they want to fight her. But likely as it was with Aegon they'll all give up pretty quickly.

HOWEVER, I don't know that I agree that she'll fight humans in Westeros. They've held her off from coming to Westeros long enough that it seems like she'll arrive after everything in KL has exploded (literally, it seems) and winter has come. Potentially after the wall falls. I'm pretty sure her war in Westeros will be THE war and not a human on human conflict. 

My bet's on this aswell. I just can't imagine either Martin or show creators wasting time and money on yet another human conflict when winter is practically at the wall's doors. My imagination just runs away imagining Dany's dragons killing every white walker motherfucker that exists 

Given the deal Dany just made with Asha(Yara cause D&D think people are stupid) Euron should be against Danaerys.  There has long been a theory that in the books Euron and Cersei will wed and align, and I actually think the show has done a decent job setting that up.  Tommen dies next episode, and I would bet Margery and Loras do to, so the Tyrell Lannister alliance is over, and there is no king left for them to crown.

That being said it is probably even more likely that there is no real fight for her.

Everyone is too busy/weak to resist. King's Landing will probably be in ruins, and a decent chunk of the Lannister army if so, the Tyrells are too smart to oppose and would likely try and form a pack, Jon and Sansa -again- have no reason to oppose, don't have the numbers and are going to be busy with the WW and convincing others. I can see Sansa, like the Tyrells, making a pact. Euron might want to, but what has he really got? How strong is his forces be and what will his (probably not 1000) ship do to dragons? Dorne could and could do it well. They have the only army that haven't faced battle and they haven't done much this season. However, I think Varys is on his way to make an alliance. But they have done it before, so maybe they could do it again. Maybe this is the first thing we see next season before joining together? It is the first thing she will hit, as Dorne is the closest to Essos. Soooo, Dorne is my answer if she gets resisted. She might spend a couple of episodes at sea. 

Littlefinger. 

If Cersei really blows up KL the Lannisters and the Tyrells will be close to gone. Maybe one Tyrell and one Lannister will somehow survive, but realistically not more than that (unless they all pull an Arya Norris) 

Dorne will support Daenerys, because #girlpower #squadgoals #girlcode. The Baratheons are gone, the Tullys lost power and Riverlands are a mess. The Freys are about to be viped out. 

What's left? The Vale and the north, held by our favorite whoremonger. LF might even take a trip back to Harrenhal and extend his influence in the Riverlands. 

If Jaime doesn't return to KL to blow up and stays in the Riverlands, he might team up with LF to hold up against Daenerys. 

But if Jaime blows up or dies with Cersei after he kills her, the Lannister army and the western lands will fall into the hands of our favorite imp who will be backing Daenerys. 

The Tyrells are problematic, because if Margaery survives the KL wildfire she is queen, regardless of Tommen's fate. However, if Margaery dies, the Tyrell's best move is to side with Daenerys to stay close to the fire, plus they are pissed at the Lannisters because Cersei blew up Marg. If there are any Lannisters left aside from Tyrion who stands with Daenerys to begin with. 

3 hours ago, PirateVergo said:

If D&D have any respect for the books then Jon Snow will, he was disgusted by Axell Florent for watching his brother burn alive while doing nothing to help him, he shoudl be disgusted by Dany too.

You might not like D&D, but let's not be petulant and say silly things like they don't respect the books.

23 hours ago, SGB7777 said:

i think that it will be important to see how jon snow takes R+L=J. he technically has more legitimacy than daenarys if the theory is true which most likely it is. it could make jon a formidable foe for dany. But then again jon is relatively humble and their is a good chance that he would rather fight the white walkers than challenge the Iron Throne

bastard of prince has better right than trueborn kid of king? challenge with what? Daenerys could have ended bastardbrawl with one dragon breath , Jon snows little army would disappear in instant if he fights with Dany

Archived