Who will resist Dany in Westeros?

Jon most likely also has a better claim to the iron throne than Dany, not sure that will sit will with little miss perfect either.  However I do think there will be some sort of uneasy alliance between them to defeat the white walkers.

Can we please stop making the Dothraki out to be this formidable force? Weve only ever seen them with sabers and bows. Not even spears. I cant recall if they have shields, i believe not, and they certainly dont have armor (leather is fine, but not when it covers only half of your body ...). They are crap. Completely worthless. 

Yes, im hating...they obviously arent worthless, but they arent soldiers. They are marauders.

And pls stop comparing them to the mongols, they are nothing like the mongols.

She's the daughter of a despised and deposed king,  arriving with three dragons and a dothraki horde at her back.  Plus,  she's now made common cause with the most universally hated group of people in the Seven Kingdoms,  the Ironborn. 

Everyone will try to oppose her.  

Her only chance is to head straight to Winterfell and try to use the good will between Sansa and Theon to forge an alliance,  which has a chance of bringing in the Vale as well.  Now that the siege of Riverrun has ended,  she's potentially facing a united front from the Lannisters,  Freys and Tyrells.  She has three dragons,  but if she's unlucky,  three scorpion bolts could solve that problem.  Without them,  the odds are even at best.  

7 hours ago, Ser Dalton Vaas said:

Dany can do whatever she wants because because D&D love her and empower her so much that no matter what does (rape, pillage) they will still try to sugarcoat her as a saviour, I have visions of her burning places and then the survivors who's family and friends just got burn, come out and start kneeling to her as the saviour. 

Don't blame D&D for this they are just following George's lead.

I think people are in serious denial here. With the army she has and her 3 dragons she will curb stomp any opposition she will face in Westeros. No doubt about that. But fear not she will not take the throne because she will heed the cries of help coming from up North and head up there to curb stomp the Others and the army of the dead. A battle she will win but at the cost of her life.  The scene in the House of the Undying in season two makes this quite clear.

16 hours ago, El Guapo said:

I think people are in serious denial here. With the army she has and her 3 dragons she will curb stomp any opposition she will face in Westeros. No doubt about that. But fear not she will not take the throne because she will heed the cries of help coming from up North and head up there to curb stomp the Others and the army of the dead. A battle she will win but at the cost of her life.  The scene in the House of the Undying in season two makes this quite clear.

I think you that dream is serious foreshadowing I agree. I do think she will battle with Euron before heading North (most probably in 7a) however not sure where that scenario leaves the Lannisters though?

Well if the foreshadowing isnt a giant bait and switch - nobody. 

If the wildfire comes into play in either S6EP10 or early in S7 then I can see there being a power vacuum. Her big army being effectively pointless until the Walkers become the focus later in S7.

We have seen that she is a capable conqueror but a fairly poor ruler. So her filling a power vacuum and having to rule straight away would be an interesting twist. 

Also - She has nukes (Dragons) - the only reason the Lannisters and Gardeners stood up to Aegon was that they didnt know how meaningless dragons would make their armies. Torren Stark knelt as soon as he figured this out. People know about Dragons now - just look at Harrenhall - why in their right minds would the already decimated armies of Westeros contest her claim? It makes no sense for her to have to conquer Westeros when it is already ripe for the picking.  

But the chances of her ever ruling are surely slim too, firstly from a narrative perpsective it seems very cliche and secondly the whole R+L=J reveal clearly sets up Jon with a better claim to the throne and I think is the last minute stopper for Dany ruling.

There are still quite a few Tyrell soldiers in the Reach I imagine? From what I understand they have quite considerable numbers (at least in the books?).
Though I feel that the show would just make Olenna support Dany anyways (assuming she is in command when Mace, Loras and Marg die?).

25 minutes ago, Radish Knight said:

There are still quite a few Tyrell soldiers in the Reach I imagine? From what I understand they have quite considerable numbers (at least in the books?).
Though I feel that the show would just make Olenna support Dany anyways (assuming she is in command when Mace, Loras and Marg die?).

Plenty of soldiers yes, but I'm pretty sure the show is going to waste ALL the Lannisters and Tyrells next week. They can't be doing with any tricky leaders and characters stealing show oxygen.

Her Air Superiority alone makes her unbeatable. Couple with that the fiercest cavalry in the world, the best trained infantry in the world, and the most seasoned navy in the world means that she has the nuclear triad down. Land, Sea and most importantly Air Superiority.

22 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Don't blame D&D for this they are just following George's lead.

No don't agree, George doesn't make Dany recite long soliloquies about how she's going to burn everyone and tear down people's stone houses like a megalomaniac. 

If Cersei burns Kings Landing and kills Loras or Maegery or Mace or Olenna the Tyrells will not support Cersei anymore. They may be even allied with Daenerys. The Martells will certainly support Dany atleast in the series (in the book they may support Aegon). That leaves only House Arryn (dominated by Baelish) and Euron. Baelish and the Knights of the Vale may hidden themselves with the hope of getting the spoils after the war of the Humanity against the Army of the Dead, As for Euron, if the alliance between Asha and Dany is confirmed, we will probably try to attack their fleet in the see and I hope dragonbinder appears in the show to be used for control Rhaegal and Viserion. In the books I think this will happen, in the series is more doubtful, atleast dragonbinder, but I think he will be defeated by Dany's forces. I am not expecting Euron and Baelish because their both want the Iron Throne, unless he is satisfied with being hand of the king for Euron. 

My guess is that Dany is the younger, more beautiful queen in the prophecy Cersei received. So Dany will probably land in King's Landing, kick some Lannister and Tyrell behind. At which point the wall will have already fallen, and the white walkers will have been advancing. Dany saw herself facing the WW in the riverlands. My guess is after taking control of the Iron Throne in the south, she'll fly North and find the WW around the Neck somewhere, at the verge of entering or having just entered the south. Well were exactly Dany will face the WW will depend on what happens to Jon. My guess is Jon and Dany will join forces and battle the true threat.

Form the looks of it, there would be nobody left but the walkers if Cercei burns king's landing, even if she doesnt, there's basically nobody left. There might be some houses or people that have not been shown yet but at this point it really doesnt matter, everybody who was anybody is dead or will soon die. Dany is basically going to fight the white walkers alongside jon and who ever is left. This is a big problem for this show. Really who is left of importance to give dany's conquest importance? She's going to a ruined westeros, to a lesser westeros. Her armies, her dragons, her story has been all for naught but at last hope against the walkers. Seriously, the winners of the story were the lannisters, Twin and Cercei, they ruled and took down most of the characters of importance when westeros was westeros, when there was an actual kingdom and great houses powerful enough to be kingdom themselves. heck At this moment Dany's Meereen Might be as important as king's landing. Dany is going to a ruined people, to a lesser people. Who rules the riverlands?, The freys, really?, even if they were not merciless backstabbing SoBs, would you really be proud to rule people that look less cultured, and more hygiene deficient than some of the slaves you freed?.

Going back to when the first targs invaded, the only part of the 7 kingdoms they couldn't take was dorne. . The managed to resist them and take down one of the Queens and her dragon.  Tywin discussed this with Oberyn in season 4. Do the dornish no how to kill dragons? It probably won't eventuate into anything no that Doran etc are gone but u never no.

Had a theory (before this season began) that Bran would develop his warging powers to the point that when the time came, he could actually warg into a dragon and control it, throwing power away from Dany and too the Starks.  

Less sure about it now but wouldn't that be cool??

Archived