Logically, Littlefinger has to die now, right?

Littlefinger being he spineless schemer he is will die sooner or later. Probably later rather than sooner, as he is in a pretty good position at the moment. He has direct control over the Vale and indirect over the North. The crown is busy dealing with the Faith, the Riverlands are busy with the aftermath of the war, Varys and Tyrion are busy with Daenerys, nobody is keeping an eye on LF, it's green light for him. 

Just now, Elisabetta Duò said:

Yes, he has to die I think...but next season, not now.

Now Sansa will take advantage of his blind spot about her.

I don't think she will turn him down abruptly, it wouldn't be wise. He will declare his love and deny again and again he knew Bolton was a psycho as*** etc. and she won't say yes to him but she will leave him some hope, she will be procrastinating, maybe she'll kiss him … they will look like 'allies' for a while … 

then at some point next season, she - who never fully trusted him but played her game this time - will discover he was the one having Lysa feed lies to Catelyn and/or that he was the one who framed Tyrion for Bran's attempted murder, thus leading Catelyn to kidnap him and Twin to react and/or that he was the one who played the game against Ned and … she will be the reason behind his demise.

Just that I had in mind, too. She will drive Littlefinger as a donkey. He sees Cat in her, his onesided love. On the other hand, there's a part of Ned's brother Brandon, who was engaged with Cat primarly and who took Cat from him and had  humiliated him in combat. So there's that Littlefinger's inner desire to  have a revenge against Starks and take them theirs - Winterfell. His only weakness is blind love he did have for Cat which maybe reawaken with Sansa. Also, Sansa is a woman now, she may at last listen to an advice given by Cersei - the strongest weapon woman has founds between her legs.

If Sansa played smart she could risk getting LF caught, but it's a risky gamble and if it doesn't play as planned, she'd lose winterfell again, so now LF has the Vale (with a full, basically unscathed army) and the North (with no army, but virtually impregnable).

Now he has to march South and take the twins while the Freys are elsewhere, Then he holds a virtually flawless position and a third of the Kingdoms.

8 minutes ago, wolfinho said:

Sansa is a woman now, she may at last listen to an advice given by Cersei - the strongest weapon woman has founds between her legs.

Yeah, true (if you meant t in a general way … I can't see her giving herself to him unless they stray further from the books).

Spoiler

In the books she's still a virgin and I don't think she will lose her virginity to LF

23 minutes ago, RhaeBee said:

Littlefinger being he spineless schemer he is will die sooner or later. Probably later rather than sooner, as he is in a pretty good position at the moment. He has direct control over the Vale and indirect over the North. The crown is busy dealing with the Faith, the Riverlands are busy with the aftermath of the war, Varys and Tyrion are busy with Daenerys, nobody is keeping an eye on LF, it's green light for him. 

That's fot sure - At the moment Littlefinger is both on the highest peak in his life and on the highest peak among all important persons in Westeros. He has the Vale at least untill Robin comes at age, he is rich , has the biggest army, the best strategic position, the woman he wants which is of Stark btw and through her he has Winterfell. But the highest you climb more painfull is the fall - that like will looks like his death at least I think .

14 minutes ago, wolfinho said:

Just that I had in mind, too. She will drive Littlefinger as a donkey. He sees Cat in her, his onesided love. On the other hand, there's a part of Ned's brother Brandon, who was engaged with Cat primarly and who took Cat from him and had  humiliated him in combat. So there's that Littlefinger's inner desire to  have a revenge against Starks and take them theirs - Winterfell. His only weakness is blind love he did have for Cat which maybe reawaken with Sansa. Also, Sansa is a woman now, she may at last listen to an advice given by Cersei - the strongest weapon woman has founds between her legs.

Drive Littlefinger like a donkey...? Nobody. Ever. Managed. To manipulate. Littlefinger. But a pretty teenager will. Because she looks like LF's late love. Because the padawan surpasses the master. Because she takes Cersei's advice of all people's advice ever given to her and shags LF. Maybe she even shags Jon to lull him into a false sense of security! 

That is going to be delightful. Arise  Lady Sandra, your star destroyer is parked outside.

3 minutes ago, Elisabetta Duò said:

Yeah, true (if you meant t in a general way … I can't see her giving herself to him unless they stray further from the books).

Hide contents

In the books she's still a virgin and I don't think she will lose her virginity to LF

Certainly, I meant to show specifically.

I kinda think it's down to Sansa, and will probably develop sooner rather than later. For those who've seen the preview for next episode, there's a shot of Littlefinger telling Sansa that he thought "she knew what [he] wants" (i.e. her). That revelation (or, well, confirmation of something she may have suspected) may either gross her out and give her another reason to get him killed or.... I don't know what, maybe she'll be touched and forgive him?

3 minutes ago, wolfinho said:

That's fot sure - At the moment Littlefinger is both on the highest peak in his life and on the highest peak among all important persons in Westeros. He has the Vale at least untill Robin comes at age, he is reach, has the biggest army, the best strategic position, the woman he wants which is of Stark btw and through her he has Winterfell. But the highest you climb more painfull is the fall - that like will looks like his death at least I think .

Yes, and if Sansa was to refuse to marry him (or sweetrobin), it's not like he couldn't leave a couple hundred men in Winterfell. After all, who is to stand up against him now? The wildlings, the Bolton army, the umber army, the Karstark army and the forces of other smaller houses were just all destroyed in battle. The rest of the northern forces died in Robb's battles or at the red wedding. The north couldn't raise 500 men if it tried (as long as the Manderlys aren't a thing in the show, but even if they were, I doubt they could ever hope to match up to LF's forces). 

Just now, RhaeBee said:

Yes, and if Sansa was to refuse to marry him (or sweetrobin), it's not like he couldn't leave a couple hundred men in Winterfell. After all, who is to stand up against him now? The wildlings, the Bolton army, the umber army, the Karstark army and the forces of other smaller houses were just all destroyed in battle. The rest of the northern forces died in Robb's battles or at the red wedding. The north couldn't raise 500 men if it tried (as long as the Manderlys aren't a thing in the show, but even if they were, I doubt they could ever hope to match up to LF's forces). 

Yeah, he could play it like a gentleman after all. He is patient, he can wait. At least, he's not a monster like Joffrey or Ramsey and isn't dwarf and Lannister like Tyrion. And 500 hundred armed men from the Vale would be enough for both - securing Winterfell from any attack as also securing his influence in the North during his potential absence. Also, another depth for Sansa. LF is a skinny man, he likes depths.

2 hours ago, lancerman said:

They don't have Jeyne Poole in the show and everyone knows what Sansa looks like because she's older than Arya. 

Also then if LF did go through with your plan it would basically piss everyone off when they found out LF pulled a George W. Bush when Sansa is nowhere to be found. Don't think the Vale will take kindly to that. So his only real option is to hold Sansa hostage forever or kill her. Which is clearly something he isn't interested in. 

Where did Jeyne Poole come into it? I'm not suggesting LF give the Boltons a fake Sansa. I'm suggesting that he doesn't even bother with the Boltons. Just tell Cersei that the Boltons married Sansa. He had no proof in the show, he has no proof in my scenario. And Cersei didn't even attempt to confirm it, she just believed him. So why even bother with the actual wedding?

And everyone was pissed off, including Sansa. Now, however, Sansa is far more likely to reveal that Littlefinger did indeed marry her off, whereas with my scheme she's far more likely to back up LF's lie about being kidnapped.

2 hours ago, WSmith84 said:

Right, it's not like they were all big mates with her dad or anything. And they all love LF obviously. Royce definitely wouldn't like him dead.

Jon Aryn was a big mate with Ned. When Jon Aryn died and Lysa was running the Vale (who was more related to the Starks than Jon or anyone in the Vale) guess what happened? She didn't lift a finger. You know whose in charge of the Vale now? Her son. You know who that person is big mates with? Littlefinger.

It doesn't work the way you are proposing. They followed Lysa when the Starks were at war (and Lysa was taking cues from LF). They are following Robyn now (who is taking cues from LF).

12 minutes ago, WSmith84 said:

Where did Jeyne Poole come into it? I'm not suggesting LF give the Boltons a fake Sansa. I'm suggesting that he doesn't even bother with the Boltons. Just tell Cersei that the Boltons married Sansa. He had no proof in the show, he has no proof in my scenario. And Cersei didn't even attempt to confirm it, she just believed him. So why even bother with the actual wedding?

And everyone was pissed off, including Sansa. Now, however, Sansa is far more likely to reveal that Littlefinger did indeed marry her off, whereas with my scheme she's far more likely to back up LF's lie about being kidnapped.

Don't you think part of the reason Cersie believed Sansa was in the North was because Sansa was in the North and people knew it? Like why on Earth would the Bolton's actually do anything but tell  Cersie "no this guys a lying piece of shit, take you're entire Lannister and Tyrell army to the North and come search just so we can prove our loyalty to you"?

It makes literally no sense. Especially if they are not getting the benefit of having Sansa in the North. And then LF would be found out and guess who looks bad? Him.

In this scenario, LF had a role to play in both. AND if Sansa decides  to turn on him, well one she just asked for his help, he is in control of the biggest army that is currently in the North AND if it becomes a he said/ she said between Sansa and LF, whose side will Robin take?

1 hour ago, wolfinho said:

Yeah, he could play it like a gentleman after all. He is patient, he can wait. At least, he's not a monster like Joffrey or Ramsey and isn't dwarf and Lannister like Tyrion. And 500 hundred armed men from the Vale would be enough for both - securing Winterfell from any attack as also securing his influence in the North during his potential absence. Also, another depth for Sansa. LF is a skinny man, he likes depths.

He's worse than all the people you mention. He plunged the 7K into war on the off chance there might be profit in it for him and for general lulz. Ramsay might have abused Jeyne/Sandra but he got her gift wrapped from LF. The same with Ros for Jeffrey. He propped up the Lannister regime for years. He manipulated Lysa into murder. He sexually molested Sansa and framed her for regicide. He ratted out on her to Cersei leading to her marriage to Tyrion - and Tyrion hasn't y even done anything particularly evil on the show.

Just now, Maid So Fair said:

He's worse than all the people you mention. He plunged the 7K into war on the off chance there might be profit in it for him and for general lulz. Ramsay might have abused Jeyne/Sandra but he got her gift wrapped from LF. The same with Ros for Jeffrey. He propped up the Lannister regime for years. He manipulated Lysa into murder. He sexually molested Sansa and framed her for regicide. He ratted out on her to Cersei leading to her marriage to Tyrion - and Tyrion hasn't y even done anything particularly evil on the show.

Yeah, but for Sansa killing Littlefinger wont bring her Winterfell, will it? She needs power amd her power, her personal, not her Jon's power is in those knights of the Vale who are in Littlefinger command, like it or not. But Sansa has power over Littlefinger and she will use it for het cause.

27 minutes ago, wolfinho said:

Yeah, but for Sansa killing Littlefinger wont bring her Winterfell, will it? She needs power amd her power, her personal, not her Jon's power is in those knights of the Vale who are in Littlefinger command, like it or not. But Sansa has power over Littlefinger and she will use it for het cause.

She already has WF? With LF dead the Vale army will no longer be under his command - at which point she can use her relationship with SR and/or the Vale lords to bind the army to her will. This is a hundred times less risky strategy than trying to beat LF at his own game.

22 minutes ago, jandslegate said:

As much as I'd love to see LF executed in Winterfell, I think he's going to be the new foil for Jon and company. I'm not sure where Sansa is going but I hope she's not going to fall back into being a pawn. 

What do you mean fall back? Shes been acting as LF's pawn to the detriment of herself and her family and allies this entire season. 

3 minutes ago, Maid So Fair said:

What do you mean fall back? Shes been acting as LF's pawn to the detriment of herself and her family and allies this entire season. 

Fair enough, lol. I was just hoping this time might be the one where they stop making her a pawn, silly, I know. 

Archived