How did the Vale army get past Moat Cailin?

11 hours ago, NutBurz said:

If you honestly believe the Red Wedding was conducted wearing silk, I´m very satisfied that we disagree on interpretations of subtle things. You might want to try a simpler read, though, or write some versions of the scripts with improvements and send them towards HBO´s direction, because you´re either a little limited or particularly brilliant, since you seem either to believe that military officers have no sense of self preservation or to have found a way for silk to stop blades.

I hope I didn´t lose you this time.

Yeah, the Red Wedding is committed by the musicians on the balcony (with crossbows) and armoured men who enter the hall afterwards. The hall is mostly empty of Freys because of the bedding. The crossbowmen do most of the work, with some Freys stabbing some of the Northerners. Certainly it was not completely risk-free, but most of the Northerners had been drinking and, more importantly, were not expecting an attack at all. The feast was over, so most Northerners wouldn't have their daggers at the ready even if they had time to react. Walder might have lost a son, grandson or greatgrandson or two (indeed he did lose one) but I'm sure he'd deem that loss worth it. But the idea that most of the Freys were wearing armour and were hiding weapons throughout the dinner is simply unfounded.

Archived