Will Bran And Arya Return To Winterfell?

[Deleted]

10 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I can bet you on this, in Danny's dream in season 2, the wall is clearly well and standing, the mark of Bran will allow the WW to pass through the wall and not destroying it (exactly like what happened in the cave)

I'm not 100% sure on that. Bran was in the cave when he got marked and perhaps that alerted the NK to his specific location and broke the bond of protection just in the location he was when he was tagged in the "vision". I'm still undecided as to if that mark is a PERMA-MAGIC-BREAKER ERRYWHERE

4 minutes ago, ilikethesebooks said:

I'm not 100% sure on that. Bran was in the cave when he got marked and perhaps that alerted the NK to his specific location and broke the bond of protection just in the location he was when he was tagged in the "vision". I'm still undecided as to if that mark is a PERMA-MAGIC-BREAKER ERRYWHERE

I can tell that I'm sure that the magic of the protection is the same in cave and in the wall

2 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I can tell that I'm sure that the magic of the protection is the same in cave and in the wall

How are you sure? That isn't canon from my knowledge. Even if the magic is the same you can't be sure that him being marked in that location isn't what brought the magic down in that location specifically ?

1 minute ago, ilikethesebooks said:

How are you sure? That isn't canon from my knowledge. Even if the magic is the same you can't be sure that him being marked in that location isn't what brought the magic down in that location specifically ?

because the Children of the forest helped building the wall, I think it's the same magic, and if you rewatch the scene of jojen in front of the cave, the WW can't enter the cave, they were be able to enter after marking Bran

On 6/20/2016 at 8:11 PM, Aegonzo The Great said:

At the end of episode 8, Arya said she was "Going home." Does this mean she's going back to Winterfell? What was her plan? She couldn't have known what was going on in the North, but once she returns to Westeros, maybe she would set her course for her actual home.

What about Bran? Now that he has escaped from the cave, where is he going to go? Castle Black seems the most obvious choice, but if he hears about Jon defeating Ramsay, wouldn't he also want to return to Winterfell?

I think the massive teaser leading into next season is going to be Bran and Arya looking at Winterfell, Bran from the north, Arya from the south, and knowing both are going to get there in Episode 1 of next year. The 4 living Starks will finally be reunited, and each will bring to bear the awesome and frightening powers they have learned. (Arya: Faceless Man assassin, Bran: the new 3 Eyed Raven, Sansa: How to play the politics game, Jon: Man-Bun)

Good thread.

I like this a LOT more than the idea of Arya suddenly showing up on the other side of the planet at the Twins to  assassinate people en masse just two episodes after we last saw her in Braavos.

Looks like, minimally, Arya is going to Westeros, and I think it would be very natural for her to do some scouting of the situation before plunging into Red Wedding 2.0 all by herself.

https://www.scireproject.com/rehabilitation-evidence/sexual-health/sexual-and-reproductive-health-in-men-sci/sensation-ejaculatio

75% of paraplegic men can ejaculate as that is an automatic reflex to stimulation without conscious thought or control much like your heart beating.   So it is highly likely Bran could father a child. 

The sooner the better too as a disabled man probably wouldn't last long in a feudal society so he needs to do it while he still has some family around to protect him. 

1 hour ago, dinner said:

https://www.scireproject.com/rehabilitation-evidence/sexual-health/sexual-and-reproductive-health-in-men-sci/sensation-ejaculatio

75% of paraplegic men can ejaculate as that is an automatic reflex to stimulation without conscious thought or control much like your heart beating.   So it is highly likely Bran could father a child. 

The sooner the better too as a disabled man probably wouldn't last long in a feudal society so he needs to do it while he still has some family around to protect him. 

I would sincerely hope so because without him there are no Starks. I mean they'll have to have the Stark line survive, it'd just bad storytelling if the Starks went out like that. Worst case scenario is we get Jons half Stark blood during the future stark line but even that seems a little sad.

3 hours ago, Asvpxkvng said:

I would sincerely hope so because without him there are no Starks. I mean they'll have to have the Stark line survive, it'd just bad storytelling if the Starks went out like that. Worst case scenario is we get Jons half Stark blood during the future stark line but even that seems a little sad.

Per the books, there's been a time in semi-recent history where all the male Starks died, and the line survived via female Starks - the "She-Wolves of Winterfell", IIRC. I believe that there's been some talk/rumors about GRRM maybe doing a short story or novella with them.

Arya will probably return in the middle of next season maybe after passing through the Twins and killing Walder Frey

Bran maybe wil never return to Winterfell because he is marked by the Nights King and if he returned to Winterfell that would mean the Army of the Dead would soon be following. However he might try to get to Jon to inform him of his true parentage. 

3 hours ago, Asvpxkvng said:

There is thing called matrilineal marriage, if you have female ruler, her husband will took her House name and children would be from her dynasty. I don't know why people think women can't continue bloodline.

I think Bran will remain at the Wall for a while. Arya will return home soon though, I guess.

The question of Bran having children is not dependent on what we think, it is dependent on what the people in the story believe. Ned assumes that he can't,I guess Jon/Sansa and the other Northeners have no reason not to assume the same thing, if he ever looks to marry for political purposes.

Unless he marries someone (Meera?) out of love and has a child with her, I don't think anyone (in the story) can say for sure whether he is going to sire a child or not.

Ned thinking it doesn't make it true. (Ned didn't envision Jon returning from the dead either.) Bran may be able to have children.  We'll have to wait for the books to come out to know for sure. :-)

I loved this last episode: Arya with Walder Frey and the pie (so glad that made a TV appearance)

Bran and Coldhands -where can he and Meera go BUT Winterfell? Where would they be safest and have access to a nice big heart tree?

I also loved Cersei showing her true colors and being the instrument of Tommen's demise, albeit indirectly. Serves Cersei right (RIP Margaery, Loras, etc, etc). It's like Cersei has become the Mad King, but perhaps I should find another thread for that...

Gotta watch this hopeful shit haha there's still time for all the Starks to die of dysentery just to prevent a happy ending!

All seriousness tho, Bran has to meet up with Jon somehow otherwise he's the only one who has any idea of Jon's parentage. The whole thing hinges on Bran showing some ppl what he saw.

I think Arya is gonna go Dark Knight in KL. Her remaining targets are still around that area although I'm rooting for a Arya/Hound reunion first

Arya/Hound v. Cersei/Gregor

I BELIEEEEEEEEVEEEE

If he is marked and is the new 3ER, then his story will keep him North - either at Castle Black, or if the wall comes down, further down from Castle Black. 

The only way I expect him to end up at Winterfell, is if the White Walkers push that far south that Bran is basically forced to retreat. 

Will they return to Winterfell op?  YES PLEASE.

I would even enjoy a scene of them just all hanging out together and eating or something and telling stories.  Perhaps a board game.  Are they aloud to laugh ha?  They've been though a lot.  

They have to kill some time until the white walker's come anyway.  

Archived