R+L=J confirmation? Who/how?

14 hours ago, imaginepageant said:

With the obvious name-dropping of the crypts in the last episode, I think Jon will find something down there that will hint at it... but the actual reveal will be the remainder of the TOJ flashback via Bran.

This.

43 minutes ago, Edwin Lannistark said:

I think Ned will find Lyanna, she will say promise me Ned and the shot will be of a handsome ,solemn baby with luscious black curls.

how can a new born baby look like that loll 

1 hour ago, illinifan said:

It will play some big role in the last seasons or they wouldn't go through the trouble of making it so mysterious.  LF may use it to cause further chaos especially if Cersei goes full on mad queen.  Dany may also demand that the Starks and the North bend a knee and Jon's heritage may come into play with that.  

Reveal hidden contents

Apparently there are spoilers out there about a scene between LF and Jon with Ghost.  I suspect that this will be right after the ToJ reveal through Bran's flashbacks.

I also think that something in the crypts is likely given that they reminded us about them in the Battle of the Bastards.

LF would have no way of knowing, from what most people believe will happen.  IF the theory is true the only people we know were there are Ned and Howland Reed.  Now I would guess there would have to be a mid-wife or something there if Lyanna is about to or did just give birth.  But hard to keep a secret like that if some random mid-wife (most likely a Targ suporter if she was at the TOJ) is left on her own to tell whomever she pleases that Rhaegar had a son.

Personally I don't buy the whole crypt thing in the show.  They aren't explained nearly as in depth or as big of a deal as they are in the show.  And even then again, what could be there to prove Jon is a Targ?  The innocuous things people mention like a harp or a wedding cloak do nothing to prove Jon is Rhaegar's son.  Most people and time line seem to suggest Jon (again if the theory is true) wasn't born yet when Rhaegar went to join the war, so no proclamation written, signed, and sealed by Rhaegar's hand that he had a dark haired son with Lyanna.  

The two things in the show that seem to be able to show someone is a Targ is being fire proof (not all Targs, but so far Dany is because she truly is "blood of the dragon") and their physical features, Jon has neither of those.  So even though I think we will see Bran witness Ned/Lyanna/baby Jon in the TOJ, I don't know how it would become a major plot point with people rallying behind "Jon Targaryen" without any way to prove it.  I am very interested to see how the show and the book address this issue.  Because we as viewers/readers can know something from a POV of a character, but how do they actually prove that to other characters in the story?

LF does not know yet but he does have enough information to put it together.  As I pointed out earlier on this thread, Ned was able to figure out that Cersei's children were not Robert's in the first season.  It does not take a rocket scientist to question Ned showing up with a newborn baby rather than taking his story at face value.  The players who should have suspected something like Tywin, Littlefinger, or Varys just ignored it because Jon was hidden up in the North and wasn't in their way.  However, based on spoilers, it appears that Jon gets in the way of LF's plans and LF needs to adjust his game to deal with Jon.

I also suspect that Jon's parentage pulls him into the Great Game in a way that he wishes it would not in the final season.  Some force threatens Winterfell and the Starks and Jon has to play the Targaryen trump card.  This could be Cersei, Dany, or perhaps both.  And people might opt for Jon even without firm proof of his parentage if their other choices are mad Cersei and a much darker version of Dany who destroys parts of Westros with her dragons.

2 minutes ago, Taylor Swift said:

my feeling is Littlefinger knows. They had a long scene with him & Sansa right in front of Lyannas statue. Jon & Sansa will visit the crypts next episode.

They keep dropping hints. LF said Jon is not your brother to Sansa.

Otherwise why not introduce Howland Reed? They have done the entire setup already. Only the confirmation is left.

Reed will never come so yeah we will have to rely on LF lol

5 minutes ago, Taylor Swift said:

my feeling is Littlefinger knows. They had a long scene with him & Sansa right in front of Lyannas statue. Jon & Sansa will visit the crypts next episode.

They keep dropping hints. LF said Jon is not your brother to Sansa.

Otherwise why not introduce Howland Reed? They have done the entire setup already. Only the confirmation is left.

If LF knows, then why would he not have used that piece of information in Season 1 against Ned?  Like many people, LF does not buy the official story that Rhaegar kidnapped Lyanna and suspects that they ran off with each other.  Interestingly another person who did not buy the official story was Stannis who told his wife that Ned would have never bedded a tavern wench.  However, everyone's blinders prevents them from figuring out the truth about Jon.  Stannis brutally murdered his own daughter because it served a larger purpose; I doubt he would understand the love that drove Ned to lie.  Jon wasn't in LF's way; he was never consequential to LF's plans so why would LF care.  Jon and Sansa outplay LF at least temporarily so that puts Jon on LF's radar.

Like said here by others, I think the reveal comes in form of Brans final lookback to ToJ scene with young Ned and Lyanna. And Bran tells Jon next season.
I felt Howland Reed died in the fight, and I don't think we'll see him in the show. He still had to release some sperm for Meera and her brother sooo.... confusing

My fear is that it will be something cringeworthy, like Lyanna's dying words being.

"Take him. Protect him. Protect Jon". 

Naming him before he dies or something. 

I think it's going to have to be that over the top and heavy handed for it to work on the show. 

On 22. 6. 2016 at 7:42 AM, GeorgeIAF said:

By riding one of the dragons.

Ehm don't think so based on last episode. What's up with lal that Jon riding a dragon. Come on folks, it's cheesy and we all love Kit fighting his way through a mud.

14 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Ehm don't think so based on last episode. What's up with lal that Jon riding a dragon. Come on folks, it's cheesy and we all love Kit fighting his way through a mud.

Let's be honest, he doesn't stand much of a chance in a fight against more than one WW.

2 hours ago, TickTak7 said:

My fear is that it will be something cringeworthy, like Lyanna's dying words being.

"Take him. Protect him. Protect Jon". 

Naming him before he dies or something. 

I think it's going to have to be that over the top and heavy handed for it to work on the show. 

I could see the show doing something heavy handed like that, just to avoid confusion.  But really doesn't make sense, since the only "Jon" I can recall off the top of my head is Jon Arryn, who was like a 2nd father to Ned, and the basis for his name.  Can't think of any other Jon that would have significance for Lyanna to name her son that.

Think they could get the same point across with a "Don't let anybody know he is Rhaegar's son, promise me", and then a cut to Jon Snow.  Would much rather prefer that, but agree, can see the show runners being more "on point" with it.

The audience will be really disappointed with that "revelation", imo. According to Truede's spoilers:

Spoiler

We will see the baby, but we won't hear the promises. That's it. They'll show the baby and then in the next scene we see Jon. I mean, most people knows that Jon is Lyanna's child, the show already gave thousand of hints, what everyone really wants to hear are the promises and that's exactly what they won't give us lol

3 hours ago, Leticia Stark said:

The audience will be really disappointed with that "revelation", imo. According to Truede's spoilers:

Hide contents

We will see the baby, but we won't hear the promises. That's it. They'll show the baby and then in the next scene we see Jon. I mean, most people knows that Jon is Lyanna's child, the show already gave thousand of hints, what everyone really wants to hear are the promises and that's exactly what they won't give us lol

Actually I think it's good enough because it will shoot down all the "twin theories" lol 

8 hours ago, illinifan said:

If LF knows, then why would he not have used that piece of information in Season 1 against Ned?  Like many people, LF does not buy the official story that Rhaegar kidnapped Lyanna and suspects that they ran off with each other.  Interestingly another person who did not buy the official story was Stannis who told his wife that Ned would have never bedded a tavern wench.

It's doubtful LF truly knows, but there's enough circumstantial evidence to make him strongly suspect, and more importantly, enough circumstantial evidence to allow him to sell it, if he thinks the info will serve his own purposes. I think the reveal to the viewer will come thru Bran, but to Jon & Sansa I can easily see it coming from Baelish even if Petyr himself isn't 100% sure.

5 hours ago, Leticia Stark said:

Hide contents

god dammit I just wanna know if she went willingly

Archived