Group C & D match 3: Ukraine/Poland, Northern Ireland/ Germany, Czech Republic/Turkey, Spain/Croatia

As Group C is settled as far as who is going though, not much drama in the early games. I will be watching the Czech Republic/Turkey game today as that is probably the match to determine the placement in D.

I think Poland will probably win because Ukraine has been really poor. Germany will probably beat Northern Ireland, but I think they will still get through as one of the best third-placed teams. They would have to lose 4:0 in order to fall behind Albania in that ranking.

In the other group I could see a draw between Croatia and Spain. The Czechs will probably beat Turkey because those guys have been really disappointing. That would mean the Czechs would claim one of the spots as well.

2 hours ago, Criston of House Shapper said:

I think Poland will probably win because Ukraine has been really poor. Germany will probably beat Northern Ireland, but I think they will still get through as one of the best third-placed teams. They would have to lose 4:0 in order to fall behind Albania in that ranking.

That's what I'm hoping for. Germany might win with one or two goals but I'm hoping they won't be unsportsmanlike.

Just 1-0 for Germany.

That was really wasteful from the Germans (Müller in particular). The line up with Kimmich for Höwedes and Gomez for Draxler looks much better. Götze is still somewhat the weakest link in that line up.

38 minutes ago, Emre Mor-mont said:

We're just leaving it late. Grab three points now, get an interesting draw in the next round. It's been the plan all along. ;)

Go back home and count your hills, why don't you. You will find only pain here.

10 minutes ago, Super Mario said:

We were only one goal away from the group being decided on disciplinary records.

I would've liked to see that.

I think this will still be enough for the Northern Irish, they're ahead of the Albanians and I expect the other non-qualifying third-placer to come from group E, where two teams just suck.

46 minutes ago, lacuna of Bohemia said:

Go back home and count your hills, why don't you. You will find only pain here.

5 minutes ago, Gylfi Gylfi Gylfi said:

So Northern Ireland could go through tonight. A draw between Czech Republic and Turkey and they're through. Turkey win by less than four goals and they're through.

Our goals will be more numerous than our hills!

32 minutes ago, Emre Mor-mont said:

Our goals will be more numerous than our hills!

Your hills will echo with the lamentation of the women, and the woe of the men! 

Archived