Which Season 6 events do you think are book events? (Spoilers)

3 hours ago, Lord Varys said:

Not yet watched that one but I've begun thinking into that direction because unless we get Euron+Cersei in the show there was no reason to introduce Euron at all. We won't get him attack places of the Reach the show hasn't yet introduced and now Theon and Asha have already brought Dany the ships. What the hell do they Euron use for in the show?

Not that this bearded guy has any resemblance with 

Sure, but the example you cite is actually backed by circumstantial evidence. We have Jaime sleeping on a weirwood stump and we have Jaime having both hands again in this mundane dream but only one in those apparent 'special dream'.

One could perhaps argue that Jaime has special dreams for no reason at all but the idea that the weirwood stump dream had nothing to do with Bloodraven (or Bran, if he can reach through time) is pretty far-fetched.

I mean it's possible, but Jamie was struggling with his contentious from the moment he meets Brienne, so I'd say it's 50/50 at best. Dam I loved seeing Jamie turn around in the 3rd book and hate how show has ruined this change in him.

Also now that I'm thinking about it, I don't believe Dany will get her fleet by dealing with Vic and his Ironborn, I forgot that there was another fleet from Volantis on it's way. On top of that a slave revolution was hinted at when Jorah and Tyrion visit the city. What if the slave revolution already happened and the Volantis fleet is on it's way to help the forces of Meereen. Vic is just to much of a traditional ironman and I thought he would being willing to make a deal with Dany. Plus Moqorro is clearly playing the guy, which is probably how he'll meet his end in the next book.

1 minute ago, sifth said:

I mean it's possible, but Jamie was struggling with his contentious from the moment he meets Brienne, so I'd say it's 50/50 at best. Dam I loved seeing Jamie turn around in the 3rd book and hate how show has ruined this change in him.

Well, you really have to reread that eerie Casterly Rock, Brienne, Rhaegar dream again. There is little chance that Jaime came up with that mind-fucking crap himself and it has taken root. In AFfC he is in complete 'I've failed Rhaegar' mode and that will lead him to Aegon. Possibly because Bloodraven wants to, but possibly only by accident. Because the important thing, I think, is that Bloodraven desperately wanted to save Brienne because she is important. Due to her Targaryen blood and all.

The show just twisted Jaime around because they are all about twists and surprises rather than genuine character development.

Also now that I'm thinking about it, I don't believe Dany will get her fleet by dealing with Vic and his Ironborn, I forgot that there was another fleet from Volantis on it's way. On top of that a slave revolution was hinted at when Jorah and Tyrion visit the city. What if the slave revolution already happened and Volantis fleet is on it's way to help the forces of Meereen. Vic is just to much of a traditional ironman and I thought he would being willing to make a deal with Dany. Plus Moqorro is clearly playing the guy, which is probably how he'll meet his end in the next book.

The Ironborn are just a plot device to help Dany's people butcher the Yunkish allies well and good. But they certainly will take their ships thereafter. Vic is a moron and in no position to dominate and control anything after the battles. Moqorro used and high-jacked him to prevent Euron's plans for Daenerys. And after the battles he is of no use to any of them.

I'm pretty sure blowing Dragonbinder will result in his immediate death for one reason or another.

Your Volantene idea is possible but I think not very likely. My guess is that the rebellion will only happen when they arrive, instigated/started by Moqorro (who will be there to do this). The crucial thing for the rebellion of the tigers will be that Dany's freedmen and people prevailed and defeated the slavers by the time they arrive. That will help them understand and believe that change is possible.

Considering that Dany might be with the Dothraki for quite some time in the books my guess is that the gang will begin conquering cities in her name after the Yunkish allies are dealt with (i.e. carry the war to New Ghis, Bhorash, Elyria, Mantarys, etc. not to mention retaking and destroying Yunkai). They could even make plans how to take Volantis before Dany returns to them. 

I'm sure all the major events will happen in the books, but not all the way they do in the show.

I.e, Jon will be resurrected and become King in the North, the Boltons are defeated, the characters who die in Season 5 and  Season 6 will die, the siege of Meereen will be resolved and Dany will head to Westeros, etc.

1 hour ago, Lord Varys said:

Well, you really have to reread that eerie Casterly Rock, Brienne, Rhaegar dream again. There is little chance that Jaime came up with that mind-fucking crap himself and it has taken root. In AFfC he is in complete 'I've failed Rhaegar' mode and that will lead him to Aegon. Possibly because Bloodraven wants to, but possibly only by accident. Because the important thing, I think, is that Bloodraven desperately wanted to save Brienne because she is important. Due to her Targaryen blood and all.

The show just twisted Jaime around because they are all about twists and surprises rather than genuine character development.

The Ironborn are just a plot device to help Dany's people butcher the Yunkish allies well and good. But they certainly will take their ships thereafter. Vic is a moron and in no position to dominate and control anything after the battles. Moqorro used and high-jacked him to prevent Euron's plans for Daenerys. And after the battles he is of no use to any of them.

I'm pretty sure blowing Dragonbinder will result in his immediate death for one reason or another.

Your Volantene idea is possible but I think not very likely. My guess is that the rebellion will only happen when they arrive, instigated/started by Moqorro (who will be there to do this). The crucial thing for the rebellion of the tigers will be that Dany's freedmen and people prevailed and defeated the slavers by the time they arrive. That will help them understand and believe that change is possible.

Considering that Dany might be with the Dothraki for quite some time in the books my guess is that the gang will begin conquering cities in her name after the Yunkish allies are dealt with (i.e. carry the war to New Ghis, Bhorash, Elyria, Mantarys, etc. not to mention retaking and destroying Yunkai). They could even make plans how to take Volantis before Dany returns to them. 

I hope not. I'm rather sick of Essos after ADWD's, plus it's about time Dany starts moving her forces back to Westeros. Also there's a Volantis fleet on it's way to attack Meereen. So on top of all the battles currently going on at the start of WoW, there will be that to deal with, assuming my theory about Volantis coming to help isn't true. So after Dany's forces spend all this time fighting in slavers bay, will they be in any position to start concurring free cities? Meereen itself seemed like a bitch to control as things stood.

I'm really starting to worry Aegon's invasion is simply being used as a means to replace what GRRM originally had planned for Dany.

I hope not. I'm rather sick of Essos after ADWD's, plus it's about time Dany starts moving her forces back to Westeros. Also there's a Volantis fleet on it's way to attack Meereen. So on top of all the battles currently going on at the start of WoW, there will be that to deal with, assuming my theory about Volantis coming to help isn't true. So after Dany's forces spend all this time fighting in slavers bay, will they be in any position to start concurring free cities? Meereen itself seemed like a bitch to control as things stood.

I'm really starting to worry Aegon's invasion is simply being used as a means to replace what GRRM originally had planned for Dany.

Dany will have all the Dothraki. That is millions of people, and potentially hundreds of thousands of warriors.

I actually like the Meereen plot and Essos in general, and George isn't the kind of guy to wrap that up in a nonsensical sense (like the Jorah or Daario plot were ended in the show). We are not just seeing people to leave and never look back. Dany may want to build an empire, and this might play into the Others threat in the books. Dany might decide to bring half the world to Westeros not so much to conquer it but to help her fight against the Others. That is clearly what the religious fanaticism surrounding Dany is going to set up. People willing to leave their homes, join her, and die happily in her service.

Oh, and Dany is clearly going to remove the gloves now. There won't be compromises of any sort. The entire Ghiscari elite is going to be butchered along with, possibly, the entire elite of the Free Cities Dany is going to conquer. With the Dothraki (which could march overland and attack the cities) Dany has the means to do all that.

I believe the explosion of the Great Sept of Baylor was from the books.  It's clearly inspired by the gunpowder plot.  George borrows from British history all the time.  I hope D & D aren't wasting the CGI  budget on their own ideas.

I hope Ramsey doesn't cut Roose in the books.  It ruins my Roose on the loose theory, where Roose has an escape hatch he commissioned when he was rebuilding Wintrerfell.

It's interesting that the last 2 books aren't really being spoiled because they could and will be very different.

On 6/24/2016 at 4:41 PM, Lord Varys said:

@ErasmusF

1. D&D talked about their version of Shireen's death and that included Stannis sacrificing her. What makes you believe George has told them that Selyse would do that in the books? You cannot really cite the fact that Stannis is dead in the show now because he won't die the way he did in the books, that much is clear.

And George also told us last year on his NAB that he has not yet written 'that scene' (Shireen's death), so there is every chance that Stannis and she are reunited and he finally sacrifices her for some reason. The show scene was mostly nonsensical crap but the one tidbit that seems genuine is Stannis breaking in the process of that deed. He was a dead man walking thereafter and Dillane got that across in the end. I think we can expect a similar thing in the books, Selyse's suicide included. Unlike in the show Selyse will be opposed to this madness from the start and she'll kill herself when Stannis does it.

2. We know that skinchangers who spent too much time in an animal became beast-like and savage. Jon might spend weeks or even months in Ghost depending when they figure out how reunite body and spirit, so it is easily imaginable that the person we meet again is mentally more wolf than man. And wolves kill other people and devour raw meet. Jon Snow could therefore easily enough feed his murderers to Ghost and skinchange into Ghost while he is devouring him. He would have been with Ghost doing similar things for quite some time at this point.

3. Tyrion isn't in charge of Dany's army. Not to mention that he needs more than the Second Sons to return to Westeros. He can only do whatever he wants to do with the entire army.

4. Tarly is in no position to overthrow the Tyrells. He is in KL at Mace's side with a lot of men that are Mace's men. Even if Mace dies there are Mace's sons, uncles, and cousins to consider. Not sure what makes you think that Tarly would want to join Aegon. The man is right now pretty much at the top of the food chain. And he can rule the kingdom at the side of Mace considering that Tommen is nothing but a puppet.

Sam could easily become a maester. Jaqen-Pate has made himself some links between the Prologue and the last Samwell chapter, and Sam is already a very knowledgeable guy. He might be able to make his first links during his first week at the Citadel.

I'm not saying that Sam and his father will never meet each other, of course. It seems pretty likely that they do. But most likely not at Horn Hill and not soon.

5. Howland Reed will show up in the story eventually. George has said as much. And he is also important because the guys with Robb's last will are with him.

6. Dareon and the insurance guy were somewhat dirty but it wasn't Arya's place to murder them for that. Arya isn't the Lord of Winterfell nor the avenger of all people who lost some money. And murdering the insurance guy is actually not helping anyone, no? Certainly not the people he crossed.

I know that the Needle part will come into play, but what's obvious in the books is that the back story of the Faceless Men in itself will become important, not to mention their political interests. If Arya just leaves them essentially out of the blue then the whole point of her stay in Braavos will have had no purpose whatsoever. I mean, what was the point of her Braavos story in the show? She already knew how to fight (or they could have made it so that she knew how to fight). It is much more likely that George will actually have her become a Faceless Girl and then get her back into the main story via some sort of assassination mission. And perhaps she'll decide that she won't murder her target (say, if it is Dany).

The show cutting that plot would explain this weird development. The Arya we know from the books would never bond with or care about a stupid actress.

Hodor reveal (Walder not Wyllis but still)

R+L=J

Clegane alive (though in the books it will probably be interesting instead of, ya know, stupid)

Mel being a golden girl

Stannis being dead

Jon coming back from the dead (although, like Clegane, it will be interesting instead of, ya know, stupid)

4 hours ago, Lord Varys said:

After watching, I do not necessarily see that in regards to the show. But I guess it could be - she might even decide to offer herself in marriage to Euron, making him king consort at her side.

I mean, the guy has to have some purpose in the story as has the huge armada he is supposedly building right now. With news being conveniently wherever the hell it has to be we should assume that both Cersei and Euron will learn that Theon/Asha have allied themselves with Daenerys and are on their way to Westeros. So there could be easily enough the need for such an alliance. Cersei and Euron would have both more than enough reason to stop Dany and her guys while they are still at sea.

And such a Euron-Cersei alliance could also pave the way for the *sudden twist* of show Jaime also murdering Cersei as he is going to do in the books, most likely. I mean, now they are in the position to finally marry each other but will most likely not go through with it (either because TV Cersei or TV Jaime don't want to).

Euron +  Cersei looks like the only thing which could save Cersei at this point in the show. The North and Vale are aligned and are against her, while from the south she has Targaryen-Martell-Tyrell out for her blood. The Riverlands are in disarray.

Plus they need to give Dany someone to fight when she arrives in Westeros, and Euron/Cersei are sufficiently evil enough for Dany to come off looking gloriously heroic (as she has been built up to be in the show).

As for TV Jaime, undoubtedly they will bend and twist the plot to contrive a situation where he can kill Cersei. The show is now a 'Cliff Notes' version of the books, at best, and fanfiction at worst.

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 5:37 AM, Lord Varys said:

I actually don't buy that. I think this was just a late introduction of Coldhands and the show chose to merge him and Benjen Stark. I'm pretty sure Benjen is still alive in the books in some fashion but he isn't Coldhands nor do I think it likely that he is another version of Coldhands.

Agreed Old Benjen Kenobe has never seemed a likely candidate for Coldhands who seems more like he has been around for a really long time. It seems more like the two were blended into one either because they couldn't get to both because of time constraints (really need to make sure you get all your joke sessions in) or that d&d just didn't know what to do with it and this is the best they could come up with.

Jon will come back from the dead

Hodor's name reveal

Jons parents will be revealed

Cersei burns Kings Landing

Tyrion becomes Dany's hand

The CotF created the Others

I think most people who died on the show this season will die in the books too but the circumstances of their deaths might be different...for example Tommen who is a child in the books might die by accident instead of suicide.

outcomes I believe will happen roughly the same with minor changes:

White walker creation

hodor name

R+L=J

major plot outcomes from the show that i believe will happen in the books via a different plotline but same ultimate conclusion:

arya leaves essos for westeros

jon's resurrection

bolton's being removed from winterfell

Dany unites the khalasaars.

dany heads to Westeros with three droagons, a bunch of ships and a bunch of soldiers.

major deaths from the show that will happen differently (ie killed by a different person or by a different plotline) in the books, but will still die:

roose, ramsay, lorras, margery, mace Tyrell, tommen, myrcella, high septon,

major plotlines from the show i do not think will happen in the books (that haven't already been proven to not happen in the books):

balor sept being blown up by wildfire

cersie sitting on the iron throne.

personally i think that (f)aegon will have a much larger role in the books, and i think that cersei to some extent is taking his plotline. i do believe he will sit the iron throne, not her, as to how that unfolds, I have no clue. to me, when D&d talked about the wildfire event the way they spoke about it was as though they had the idea themselves. if it was a change they created to tie up loose ends created by omitting the (f)aegon plot, I'll say it was well executed, and to be honest im still not 100% convinced that I'm right. there are definitely some points that make it a likely book outcome (the idea that cersei is linked to wildfire is well established in the books, the fact that i personally believe jaime is the valonquar and therefore it would be an event that may trigger him to do the same thing he did with the mad king), but there are some things that to me make it less probable. the fact that she already burned down the tower of the hand using wildfire (it seems a redundant act coupled with the fact that I just get the feeling that (f)aegon's plotline has to go somewhere. the number of people that died in the sept explosion (main characters too) seems like it could be as the result of a battle/attack on kings landing. i dont know. i cant substantiate all my beliefs...but there they are :P

On 6/22/2016 at 6:08 AM, Survivor92 said:

Hodor's death could be the same in the books but it would be portrayed differently. I highly doubt there will be a cave with a convenient back door that Hodor will hold to give Bran barely a minute of extra time to escape (really, in the show, it would have been more beneficial to Bran if Hodor had carried him and ran off). Hell, "hold the door" could even be the door to the tunnel that leads under the Wall, which would make a lot more sense.

But the cave in the books does have a back door. Cold hands explicitly states this when they first arrive.

- Jon's resurrection. Because his is the song of ice and fire.

- Tower of Joy. Revelation of Lyanna being Jon's mother.

- Hold the Door

- The Vale conquering the Boltons and giving Winterfell to Sansa (and Littlefinger)

- Queen Cersei after Tommen's death, though I'm doubting if he'll commit suicide.

Jon actually didn't die and he just woke up from warging into Ghost

Tower of Joy

Bran and the night King scene 

Jon being hailed as king of the north after winning back WF. But the battle might be vastly different.

Cersei kills off the whole bunch of people and Tommen's death. 

Danny sailing off to Westeros.

Archived