Will Edd make it?

10 hours ago, Sansa's Hairnet said:

I like to imagine it literally tumbling down. Realistically I don't know how that would work, but it's a show with ice zombies and dragons, so realism can take a back seat. :)

Then yeah, if the Wall crumbles to pieces, I'd have to think Edd along with everyone else at Castle Black is royally screwed. The chances of escaping from huge chunks of ice raining down from 800 feet up are pretty slim.

46 minutes ago, Aegonzo The Great said:

Then yeah, if the Wall crumbles to pieces, I'd have to think Edd along with everyone else at Castle Black is royally screwed. The chances of escaping from huge chunks of ice raining down from 800 feet up are pretty slim.

That's pretty much how I envision the end of the Night's Watch.

I really hope he pulls through but I'm in agreement with most people here I'm thinking all of the watches will end when the nights king comes. 

Maybe Edd will be one of the few survivors who gets away to warn the southron lords? Fingers crossed!

My goodness, I think Edd HAS to make it.

Because the show didn't bother to develop other Night's Watch characters, and then killed off Pip and Grenn (not to mention the guys Jon hung after he was resurrected), if Edd dies then WHO is left to run the Night's Watch???

Pop quiz:  Can you name ANY currently living member of the Night's Watch other than Edd (and Sam and Benjen, I guess, but they are not even at Castle Black)?

I'm struggling to do so, and not coming up with a single name.

5 hours ago, Cron said:

My goodness, I think Edd HAS to make it.

Because the show didn't bother to develop other Night's Watch characters, and then killed off Pip and Grenn (not to mention the guys Jon hung after he was resurrected), if Edd dies then WHO is left to run the Night's Watch???

Pop quiz:  Can you name ANY currently living member of the Night's Watch other than Edd (and Sam and Benjen, I guess, but they are not even at Castle Black)?

I'm struggling to do so, and not coming up with a single name.

I really hope you are right. I wan't to say yes he survives, but I've been burnt before. Characters surviving sometimes seems too good to be true.

I kinda hope that when Bran and co arrive at CB, Benjen can pass the Wall (I'm not sure, any Wall-magic was mentioned so far...). He was First Ranger, and a much more experienced man of the Watch than Edd. So they go to CB, Benjen takes over the Watch and sends Edd to Winterfell with Bran and Meera, and he stays behind. On their way they might collect all the Wildling children and women, and they can go to Winterfell together.

So when the Wall falls, Benjen will be there protecting the Wall (and be killed again in the process, I guess), but Bran, Meera and Edd may arrive to Winterfell.

I also hope, that there is some kind of magic protecting the walls of Winterfell against the Others' magic, which only work when "there is a Stark in Winterfell". 

I agree that if Jon stays at Winterfell, Edd stays alive at Castle Black.  In addition to all reasons for him to live to the end of the series, Edd is the Eeyore of the series.  It would be a nice change of pace for Eeyore to see it to the end :-)

I'm fairly confident that in GoT, if the plot make some main characters leave a place then something horrible will happen to that place

• KL : Sansa, Tyrion, Jamie and Olenna left the place --> because it will burn
  • CB :Jon, Sansa, Melisandre, Davos, Brienne and Pod left the place --> the rest of CB will die

• 2 months later...

Archived