Wildfire

I think it's a general concession that wildfire will make it's way back into the plot.

I had been one who thought that maybe the rumors from Qyburn's "little birds" had something to do with the HS, but given that wildfire has been mentioned in half the episodes, including 609, I don't think that position is tenable any longer.

My question is: didn't Tyrion use the cache of wildfire back in S2 at Blackwater? Wisdom Halyne of the Alchemists' Guild supposedly revealed to Tyrion their stocks -- would there be further stocks, and if so, how on earth would Cersei and Qyburn basically on their own set them for detonation?

I think Varys will set Order 66 into effect and the littlebirds will turn on Qyburn. 

Regarding wildfire, i think there is a huge stash under the Red Keep and Cersei with the help of Qyburn will set it on fire, to get rid of the Faith and so on, but the fire will spread quickly through all of KL.

11 hours ago, Donaldys I Trumpagar said:

I think it's a general concession that wildfire will make it's way back into the plot.

I had been one who thought that maybe the rumors from Qyburn's "little birds" had something to do with the HS, but given that wildfire has been mentioned in half the episodes, including 609, I don't think that position is tenable any longer.

My question is: didn't Tyrion use the cache of wildfire back in S2 at Blackwater? Wisdom Halyne of the Alchemists' Guild supposedly revealed to Tyrion their stocks -- would there be further stocks, and if so, how on earth would Cersei and Qyburn basically on their own set them for detonation?

Nope, the wildfire Tyrion used was not the wildfire that the Mad King had created and concealed underneath King's Landing.

The amount of wildfire Tyrion had was perhaps equivalent to just one of the dozens of caches the Mad King had created and emplaced. Perhaps a bit more than a minor one, less than one of the bigger ones.

Wildfire goes off when exposed to air. I expect Qyburn will have one of the "little birds" plant something to set off the wildfire, either with a delay mechanism or in a suicide run. And we probably won't actually see the "how" of the wildfire being set off, just the aftermath of ignition.

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 4:57 AM, Lord Lannister said:

What was Tyrion going to do? Blow up Stannis' fleet twice? Ignite a cache at the Mudgate and risk burning his own men and catching the city on fire?

It's doubtful Tyrion had a firm grasp on the immense destructive force the wildfire is. When Blackwater Bay went up the way it did, he was as surprised as anyone.

There's likely enough wildfire stored around Kings Landing for 50 battles of Blackwater. 

Tyrion used a cache that they found. There will be plenty left to burn down the city. 

After Cersei and Qyburn finding "much more" to a rumor they heard with the following episode referencing huge caches all over the city, combined with the vision of the Mad King and wildfire I think it's all but sealed Kings Landings fate. 

Archived