The IceBrandon: Winter the Ice Dragon is Coming

Daendrew

2 minutes ago, Daendrew said:

Bran has the mark of Night King.

True, but what do you think it will mean in this particular scenario? From what I understand it makes the Night King able to find him and it removes any magical protection. How do you imagine that will play out assuming Bran wakes/raises/etc an ice dragon? 

11 minutes ago, Rumy Stark said:

So is the assumption that the Ice Dragon will be on the side of the WW? Cause that is an interesting prospect, particularly if Bran is the one who wakes/raises it. 

Yep, that would be awesome, I don't know how else can the WWs fight Dany's dragons unless 1 or 2 of the dragons are dead in other event before the final battle. Air superiority is critical in most battles.

Without the ice dragon, I think the WWs won't be the ultimate antagonist, the Starks will be able to defeat them without Dany's dragons. Maybe Dany is the main antagonist, as much as I like Dany, Tyrion & co.

19 minutes ago, Rumy Stark said:

True, but what do you think it will mean in this particular scenario? From what I understand it makes the Night King able to find him and it removes any magical protection. How do you imagine that will play out assuming Bran wakes/raises/etc an ice dragon? 

Everything has it's balance and it's opposite. The three heads of the dragon are fire, ice and sea. Those three dragons in a dance are the penultimate conflict. 

I've given up theorizing about the show because the laws of physics do not apply to their writing.

The Three Heads of The Dragon Are…

• Not Targaryen dragon riders.
  • The three heads of the dragon are fire, ice and sea dragons.

The Game of Horns: Blow or Get Blown

• The Horn of Winter helps wake or control Winter the ice dragon.
  • The Horn of Joramun is Euron’s/Dany’s horn which she sounds three times signaling the coming of the Others.
  • This horn heralds the red comet to strike the moon causing darkness, cold and flooding.
  • The crash frees an unfathomably large world serpent, the sea dragon Joramun who is only partially(!) frozen in the Wall.
  • The Stepstone islands are scales of this enormous sea dragon. When the Horn of Joramun (the Hammerhorn) is sounded these mountains will blow in the wind like leaves.
  • The future Stromking will defeat the enormous serpent Joramun.
  • The Horn that Wakes the Sleepers brings enormous giants back into the world.
  • We have never seen true giants. These giants dwarf Wun Wun by a mile.
  • There may be stone, fire and ice giants either metaphorically or literally.

18 minutes ago, Daendrew said:

Everything has it's balance and it's opposite. The three heads of the dragon are fire, ice and sea. Those three dragons in a dance are the penultimate conflict. 

I've given up theorizing about the show because the laws of physics do not apply to their writing.

The Three Heads of The Dragon Are…

• Not Targaryen dragon riders.
  • The three heads of the dragon are fire, ice and sea dragons.

The Game of Horns: Blow or Get Blown

• The Horn of Winter helps wake or control Winter the ice dragon.
  • The Horn of Joramun is Euron’s/Dany’s horn which she sounds three times signaling the coming of the Others.
  • This horn heralds the red comet to strike the moon causing darkness, cold and flooding.
  • The crash frees an unfathomably large world serpent, the sea dragon Joramun who is only partially(!) frozen in the Wall.
  • The Stepstone islands are scales of this enormous sea dragon. When the Horn of Joramun (the Hammerhorn) is sounded these mountains will blow in the wind like leaves.
  • The future Stromking will defeat the enormous serpent Joramun.
  • The Horn that Wakes the Sleepers brings enormous giants back into the world.
  • We have never seen true giants. These giants dwarf Wun Wun by a mile.
  • There may be stone, fire and ice giants either metaphorically or literally.

Hero. 

36 minutes ago, Druksbaron said:

Dragons will beat WWs easy? I doubt it. WWs appear at night most of the time (good luck riding a dragon) and in bad weather (also, good luck!). So not somclear cut IMO.

The directors may sugarcoat the battle and make it look difficult, but deep down I think I know who will win. It'll be predictable & anti-climatic IMO. On the other hand, pitting favourite / main characters against each other in a Finale.. hmm :drool:

3 hours ago, Trollosi said:

An ice dragon means near certainty that the final battle will be between Dany & WWs. Without an ice dragon, Dany's dragons will just totally annihilate the WWs. It is possible to kill a flying dragon (see Meraxes), but there don't seem to be enough WWs, also their wights don't seem to be intelligent enough to kill a dragon, I don't remember seeing any zombie throwing a spear or using a bow.

i dont think its fair to say that Dany with Dragons will totally annihilate the WWs.  I mean the Night's King seems super powerful and might even be able to repel fire from what we have seen.  on top of that, these Dragons have not seen much combat and need I remind you that Dorne was able to repel Dragon attacks during Aegon's conquest?  If the Dornish people can do it, I'm sure that the magical, undead WWs can as well. 

17 minutes ago, robb stark of the north said:

Dude, ur theory is so sweet. 

I like all the Ice theories, and i hope some content of them is true, but i believe that they are too compicated to be shown in the series.

So, i wouldn't say this may happen at episode 10, but in the next book.

Thanks man :)

My theories are book theories which may transfer over into the show. It's a completely different animal now. Shockingly so.

But the show and books have similar themes which play out in different ways. 

5 hours ago, robb stark of the north said:

Dude, ur theory is so sweet. 

I like all the Ice theories, and i hope some content of them is true, but i believe that they are too compicated to be shown in the series.

So, i wouldn't say this may happen at episode 10, but in the next book.

Go watch episode 48 "Hardhome" again. Upon my first glance I assumed it was just some dark clouds rolling thru the white clouds. But then I watched it yet again on my big screen full HD. "Winter" the Ice Dragon is definitely up on top of the mountain blowing in the "Winds of ""WINTER"" as he always does when The Others start coming. You can see the ghostly shape of a dragon many times bigger than Balerion the Black Dread (the biggest Fire dragon ever to live). At his bottom left you can actually see HIS TAIL MOVE!  From what I can gather, Winter the Ice Dragon is definitely in league with the Night's King. And is probably more powerful than all 3 of Danaerys' Fire Dragons combined. We can go on the tails from the children's  book "THE ICE DRAGON" the fire dragons got there ass' kicked pretty damn hard. At the end, the Ice Dragon "dies" and melts into a pool of STILL, BLACK WATER. Just like the pool beside the heart tree at Winterfell.  I'm of the opinion that Bran will warg Winter and use him against his own forces. Sounds like the only feasible way to defeat the Night's King. And I believe its been foreshadowed already. How Jojen tripped the fuck out when Bran warged Hodor. He said that NO WARG HAS EVER BEEN STRONG ENOUGH TO WARG A HUMAN! He's the strongest Warg ever to live, at the same time being the strongest Greenseer ever to live. 

The wildcard will be the Sea Dragon!

GRRM has confirmed publicly that his children's book "THE ICE DRAGON" does take place in Westeros. 

Furthermore, AWOIAF confirmed that the seasons weren't always so whacky. There have been several fluctuations over the ages of seasonal consistency/inconsistency.

Well, I can see it happen in the books, what makes it even more plausible is the name of Starks household "WINTERfell". We can assume that the name goes from the place where the Ice Dragon Winter actually fell and turned into black water. 

14 hours ago, Daendrew said:

Thanks man :)

My theories are book theories which may transfer over into the show. It's a completely different animal now. Shockingly so.

But the show and books have similar themes which play out in different ways. 

Np.

It is true that show and book have quite different plot now, and that saddens me a lot.

I read some of your other theories too, in the link you posted.They are all very interesting,but i have a question.

Do all of them agree with each other?

Dumb detail but Bran's wolf and vessel is called Summer and will probably die at some point in the books too... making war for Bran's new wride (intended): Winter. 

I love this theory, much more than the UnJon the Other one. I struggle with the plot though: 

Who vs Who? Are the WW the real threat? Is it Dany? What do you guys think? 

1 hour ago, robb stark of the north said:

Np.

It is true that show and book have quite different plot now, and that saddens me a lot.

I read some of your other theories too, in the link you posted.They are all very interesting,but i have a question.

Do all of them agree with each other?

Yes, they agree with each other.

5 minutes ago, The Imp slap said:

Dumb detail but Bran's wolf and vessel is called Summer and will probably die at some point in the books too... making war for Bran's new wride (intended): Winter. 

I love this theory, much more than the UnJon the Other one. I struggle with the plot though: 

That's exactly how I ended the IceBrandon post. Because of Bran, summer will die. The death of summer brings winter and Bran brings Winter.

WW are a real threat. Not THE real threat. Dany is the real threat. She has eaten of the peach of knowledge and the Shade of the Evening of Eternal Life. She is a god. The gods are the true enemies of man. The Others are brothers of humanity.

Garden of Edenos: A Tale of Two Trees 

• This is a tale of two trees, the song of black ironwood and white weirwood, the tree of knowledge and the tree of eternal life.

The Others Are Not The True Enemy

• The gods are the enemy, not the Others.
  • The gods are those who have eaten of both the tree of knowledge and the tree of eternal life.
  • Dany is a god and thus “the enemy”, per se.
  • This will be fifty shades of greyscale: beyond good and evil. All sides in the conflict will have just reasons for their unjust actions.
  • This post builds from the Garden of Edenos.

11 hours ago, PyromancersPiss said:

Go watch episode 48 "Hardhome" again. Upon my first glance I assumed it was just some dark clouds rolling thru the white clouds. But then I watched it yet again on my big screen full HD. "Winter" the Ice Dragon is definitely up on top of the mountain blowing in the "Winds of ""WINTER"" as he always does when The Others start coming. You can see the ghostly shape of a dragon many times bigger than Balerion the Black Dread (the biggest Fire dragon ever to live). At his bottom left you can actually see HIS TAIL MOVE!  From what I can gather, Winter the Ice Dragon is definitely in league with the Night's King. And is probably more powerful than all 3 of Danaerys' Fire Dragons combined. We can go on the tails from the children's  book "THE ICE DRAGON" the fire dragons got there ass' kicked pretty damn hard. At the end, the Ice Dragon "dies" and melts into a pool of STILL, BLACK WATER. Just like the pool beside the heart tree at Winterfell.  I'm of the opinion that Bran will warg Winter and use him against his own forces. Sounds like the only feasible way to defeat the Night's King. And I believe its been foreshadowed already. How Jojen tripped the fuck out when Bran warged Hodor. He said that NO WARG HAS EVER BEEN STRONG ENOUGH TO WARG A HUMAN! He's the strongest Warg ever to live, at the same time being the strongest Greenseer ever to live. 

The wildcard will be the Sea Dragon!

GRRM has confirmed publicly that his children's book "THE ICE DRAGON" does take place in Westeros. 

Furthermore, AWOIAF confirmed that the seasons weren't always so whacky. There have been several fluctuations over the ages of seasonal consistency/inconsistency.

Huh, this is so interesting! I'll have to go rewatch. I definitely wanted to bring up the fact that the weather changes for the WW before they arrive and what might cause that. If there is a dragon there it's REAL subtle though, since I've never heard this before. 

Also I thought GRRM confirmed that that The Ice Dragon in fact is in a different universe than Westeros?

32 minutes ago, The Imp slap said:

These are the real questions, right? Who are we cheering for? The WW are presented as this all-encompassing, wholly evil threat right now, but I'm guessing we're going to get their story soon and it'll be more complex than that. Additionally Dany and her dragons are cool and stuff, and usually use their powers for good, but dragons are really scary weapons and if Dany shifts over into crazy mode it'll be hard to cheer for her entirely. 

I love the ice dragon theory, but I think it's not plausible in the show at this point.  The show writers have just about taken all of the magic besides Dany's dragons out of the show.  There is very little warging, the direwolves are hardly ever used.  We got one giant and a few in the previous seasons.  The White Walkers are barely involved as well.  The reason for all of this is cost and I think they are afraid to turn off the average not quite as nerdy viewers to the show.  I hate that they are that way, but it sure seems like they are at this point.  That's why the books are so much better.

On 6/22/2016 at 5:30 PM, Trollosi said:

An ice dragon means near certainty that the final battle will be between Dany & WWs. Without an ice dragon, Dany's dragons will just totally annihilate the WWs. It is possible to kill a flying dragon (see Meraxes), but there don't seem to be enough WWs, also their wights don't seem to be intelligent enough to kill a dragon, I don't remember seeing any zombie throwing a spear or using a bow.

I thought the same at first. That it will be a too easy battle for Dany just to go over the WW with her dragons and melt them. 

I believe that we will learn that Dragons, as lizards, like warm weather and in the cold winter they won't do so well. Also the NK and his commanders might have some sort of weapons against them, the grey mist might cover them against the Dragons and also they might have some weapons made of ice which can be used against Dany, so in the end Jon and his ground troops will be needed as much as Dany's dragons. 

On 6/22/2016 at 10:41 AM, Daendrew said:

Bran has the mark of Night King.

Truth.

Let's also not forget....it is entirely possible that the WW are still the creatures of the CoF.  The attack at the Weirwood net could well have been a trick for Bran's perception.  What if the CoF are still controlling the WW and their ultimate goal is a new agreement with humanity that is more equitable for them?  Coldhands/Benjen should also be viewed as a likely agent for them.

I'm waiting for someone (Bran?) to simply ask the Night King, "What do you want?"  Perhaps someone already has...

Martin stories I have read end with cultural understandings being reached for peace (Guardians, Loaves and Fishes, Dying of the Light), or tragedy (Men of Greywater Station, Seven times Never Kill Man).  I have yet to read a story of his that ends with a Good army conquering an Evil army to make peace.  

Archived