What should Jon/Sansa do now?

I don't think I saw a thread like this, apologies if there is one already. I did see the thread about killing Littlefinger so I won't mention what they should do about him and the Vale here, though that one decision is probably the most complex.

Anyway, this is kind of off the top of my head so maybe I'm missing some but my first thoughts were (also I'm obviously assuming Jon and/or Sansa are accepted by the North as Lords Paramount/King and/or Queen in the North):

1. Take a bath.

2. Burn all the bodies, Wun Wun first.

3. Kill all Boltons. I actually don't know if there are really any left, Ramsay did a good enough job of that himself. However I'd get rid of any remaining cousin, nephew, etc. Don't necessarily have to do go this extreme but this isn't the first time House Bolton has pulled crap like this. Take a page out of Tywin's book here.

4. Send all men loyal to the Bolton cause (including other houses e.g. Karstark, Umber, etc.) to the wall.

5. Take away their holdings, though I must admit I'm not sure just where the Dreadfort, The Last Hearth, or Karhold should go.

6. Reward House Mormont and other houses that were loyal, could go hand in hand with above.

7. Inform everyone of the White Walkers and say... when the time comes you all must head to the Wall? --> this one I'm not sure about but clearly something needs to be done.

8. Not sure what to do about Melisandre after the Shireen reveal, in all honesty.

I was thinking more along the lines of not screwing each other over? Oh, wait, Sansa already did that!

I can't wait to see what happens next week, as Sansa and Jon clearly have very different motivations for taking back Winterfell; Sansa for power and revenge; Jon for, well...Rickon (may he rest in peace). Jon may look to the future, rebuilding their forces against the White Walkers. Sansa might want to rebuilt their forces for different reasons, revenge.

Just now, tinka10 said:

I was thinking more along the lines of not screwing each other over? Oh, wait, Sansa already did that!

I can't wait to see what happens next week, as Sansa and Jon clearly have very different motivations for taking back Winterfell; Sansa for power and revenge; Jon for, well...Rickon (may he rest in peace). Jon may look to the future, rebuilding their forces against the White Walkers. Sansa might want to rebuilt their forces for different reasons, revenge.

Well, definitely they need to be working together, though it will be interesting to see how they react. If I were Jon I would sit her down and say "Good for saving us, but if you keep one more thing from me this isn't gonna work. Remember I came down here for two reasons: save Rickon, unite North versus White Walkers." IMO Jon's primary goal with Sansa should be to drill in her head that nothing matters except the Long Night. Her games don't matter except for how they impact that. He should be supremely pissed at her but forgive her because there can be no division when the Long Night comes.

1 hour ago, El Diego said:

Well, definitely they need to be working together, though it will be interesting to see how they react. If I were Jon I would sit her down and say "Good for saving us, but if you keep one more thing from me this isn't gonna work. Remember I came down here for two reasons: save Rickon, unite North versus White Walkers." IMO Jon's primary goal with Sansa should be to drill in her head that nothing matters except the Long Night. Her games don't matter except for how they impact that. He should be supremely pissed at her but forgive her because there can be no division when the Long Night comes.

Definitely. I don't think Sansa will be easily convinced though. She hasn't indicated any thoughts on the matter either. Is it next week yet? The anticipation is ruining my life right now.

1 hour ago, Cz-99 said:

Jon should prepare to fight the WW and Sansa should commit seppuku.

Haha.

11 minutes ago, Drz said:

Jon should surrender the North to the Targaryens in hopes for support againts the White Walkers.

The Stark/ Targaryens relationship interest me. Dany has already said in a past episode at her displeasure towards the Starks, after all they were Robert's biggest supporter. Jon needs to discover his parentage soon if he hopes to have a relationship with Dany as she is intent on finally coming back to Westeros. 

44 minutes ago, Chib said:

Jon should just ignore WF and go down to the south, get warm by moving to Esso and that's it. Let Sansa stay there with LF until the long night come. 

hahahah exactly. Let those who want to seek power get the power they want at leat until the White Walkers come. Jon should bring Edd and tormund and as many wildlings as possible to Esso

9 minutes ago, sharding85 said:

The Stark/ Targaryens relationship interest me. Dany has already said in a past episode at her displeasure towards the Starks, after all they were Robert's biggest supporter. Jon needs to discover his parentage soon if he hopes to have a relationship with Dany as she is intent on finally coming back to Westeros. 

Dont worry, Tyrion knows Jon and they had a good relationgship, Im sure tyrion will vouch for him

They should settle whatever difference they have, not telling Jon about the Vale army.

Then, call all the northern houses to Winterfell for a meeting. Forgive all past grievances, not supporting them etc. Then tell them the cold hard truth, the Nights King is coming, we have seen him and he has an army larger than any in Westeros. Band together or die. Basically what Mance did with the wildlings. Send word south to every house there is and tell them the same.

If Sansa wants power, she needs a powerful husband. Considering that she is seen as a traitor and wanted for regicide in most of the Seven Kingdoms, a suitable candidate seem to be Sweetrobin (who is however too young to rule) or Littlefinger.

Jon should continue to be a protagonist and a D&D-favorite and no need to be pro-active, good things will just happen to you.

5 hours ago, sharding85 said:

Off topic but this is the same Dany who vows to bring across a horde of barbarians to rape and pillage and tear down the stone walls and kill the men in their iron suits. And you think why people rose against the Targaryens lol. But seriously though Tyrion needs to educate Daenerys on differentiating between different houses in the war which Barristan tried to do. Eddard Stark was sentenced to death for the crime of being a Stark after his brother was strangled to death and his father was burnt alive in his armour for asking for a trial by combat for coming South to answer for his son's actions (where Aerys commanded him to come to Kings Landing). Brandon's actions were stupid but from his POV Rhaegar just insulted three great houses in Westeros (the Martells, Starks and Baratheons) by running away with Lyanna which in itself was a ticking timebomb without the       pre-series events setting it off. Was Eddard just meant to offer his head to Aerys so that he isn't labelled as one of the "usurper's dogs". Seriously though someone needs to get through that thick skull of Dany's.

Jon needs to move on from Sansa's deceit, and put the greater good first.

Sansa needs to get her head out of her ass and take Jon seriously about the White Walker problem. Ruling the 7 Kingdoms is meaningless if it's over run with zombies.

Kill Littlefinger.. just because

Find some lofty position for young Ms Mormont.. this kid is born to lead

10 hours ago, Nerevanin said:

If Sansa wants power, she needs a powerful husband. Considering that she is seen as a traitor and wanted for regicide in most of the Seven Kingdoms, a suitable candidate seem to be Sweetrobin (who is however too young to rule) or Littlefinger.

Jon should continue to be a protagonist and a D&D-favorite and no need to be pro-active, good things will just happen to you.

Judging from how this season played out, Jon doesn't seem like more of a favorite compared to Sansa, Dany, Brienne or Tyrion...  In the BIG Jon episode they made Jon look like a dumb commander and Sansa look like the smart savior. So who's the real favorite???

1. Jon should become king of the north (not too realistic though since he's a bastard). But it's a fantasy of mine.

He should also execute Sansa, lol. Not really but she can't be trusted.

2. Make sure all the Boltons, Umbers and Karstarks are dead.

3. Reward the Mormonts.

4. Make sure Littlefinger and the knights leave, his army is in ruins and they are a threat with LF.

5. Gather all the Lord's and pardon them for not sticking to their oaths and aiding them in the fight vs the Boltons. Unless they helped Ramsay in the war then they should be executed. I know a lot hate Glover for not helping Jon. But it was a lost cause, and Robb truly was the king that lost the north. And it's stupid always being bound by an oath to always assist a house and not the Lord in charge. I wouldn't want to follow Ned Stark's foolish children. Especially not after Robb's failure and see my own house/family buried in the ground after Ramsay win. Anyways, he should make them swear an oath of allegiance to the Stark house again.

6. Make peace with Jamie and the Lannisters. It's the only right thing to do. Tywin is dead, Ned and Robb are dead. And ask them to remove their support for the Frey's so they can slaughter them.

7. Prepare for the invasion of WW and Daenerys and her dragons.

Sorry for my English! It's not my native language.

Archived