Mods

Illyrio Mo'Parties

Dunno where else to put this

I keep having posts, even topics, disappear on me. Never used to happen until the last few weeks. I don't know if it's just a glitch or if the mods are cracking down or whatever - but if they are, then I ask them: mods, can you at least let people know why you're canning something?

Or even just edit the posts to remove the offensive material. I had something disappear the other day, full of my responses to various other posters, and only a small part was "offensive". The rest of the post continued various conversations, answered other people's questions, etc. Is it fair to them to let one bad apple spoil the bunch? Can't you just blackout the "offensive" part and copy-paste a notice, you know, "Zapped by the mods."

But the main problem is this shadowbanning, or whatever it's called. If the idea is to make sure the community here meets certain conversational standards, how's that gonna work if people can't be sure of what it was they said wrong?

Moderators each have their own approach, but most of us have a policy of not editing other people's posts, or sending individual messages when deleting or not approving posts or threads. We're all volunteers and have limited time and a lot to do, for one thing. We believe that users are in almost all cases smart enough and possessed of enough common sense to figure out what the problem was for themselves.

Archived