J+S=strange Stark babies

I find it hard to believe I have not seen a post about this yet.  I don't think it will happen this season, but I have an itch at the back of my skull that Jon and Sansa will fall in love with each other especially once they find out they are not brother and sister but instead cousins.  Please respond does anyone think there is a hint of a romance that could develop?

1 minute ago, TickTak7 said:

Is it weird that I only see them as brother / sister, and think those that are shipping them are Lannister-levels of weird?

I agree. But since George originally was going to put Jon and Arya together, he seems to be on the Lannister weird level too.  

I don't, but not because they're related. Relatives on this show getting together is nothing special, and in this kind of time period getting together with a cousin or similar relative isn't a big deal.

But Jon and Sansa see each other as brother and sister. They were raised together as brother and sister for most of their lives.I don't see the way they view each other changing at all, even after Jon's parentage is revealed. A sibling relationship is not dependent on blood. 

the only thing in the show that would indicate it would happen is that they never really thought of themselves as brother/sister. I only remember Sansa referring to Jon as a bastard, and he identified with his brothers and Arya. The two characters were never shown onscreen together before season 6, and i don't think that was an accident. they were distant as kids. Not much brotherly love as Jon had with Arya.

Cousin marriages have been accepted throughout westeros. They would also make an effective team if they trusted each other. Jon is the noble guy willing and able to do the dirty work. Sansa is smart enough to spot deception and play the game. Both characters have flaws, and they would cover some of each other's.

2 hours ago, boodofmyblood said:

I don't, but not because they're related. Relatives on this show getting together is nothing special, and in this kind of time period getting together with a cousin or similar relative isn't a big deal.

It is not a big deal now days either (in most places).

9 hours ago, a_motherf'ndragon said:

I find it hard to believe I have not seen a post about this yet.  I don't think it will happen this season, but I have an itch at the back of my skull that Jon and Sansa will fall in love with each other especially once they find out they are not brother and sister but instead cousins.  Please respond does anyone think there is a hint of a romance that could develop?

I've been getting this vibe from them all season. It depends on whether they part ways during the finale.

1 hour ago, fightwookies said:

the only thing in the show that would indicate it would happen is that they never really thought of themselves as brother/sister. I only remember Sansa referring to Jon as a bastard, and he identified with his brothers and Arya. The two characters were never shown onscreen together before season 6, and i don't think that was an accident. they were distant as kids. Not much brotherly love as Jon had with Arya.

Sansa may have referred to him as a bastard but she still sees him as her brother. She  called him her brother a couple of times already this season and referred to Rickon as "our brother" when talking to Jon. They were distant as kids but still see each other as family and were still raised together. 

3 hours ago, facelessaryas said:

I agree. But since George originally was going to put Jon and Arya together, he seems to be on the Lannister weird level too.  

He wrote Lannisters ;)

I honestly don't see these two together. I see them as more successful version of Robb and Catelyn, being family, loving each other, but not 100% agreeing with each other. It will be interesting to see what Sansa's role will be. 

I don't see them ending up together either, but cousins marrying in Westeros is common, Tywin's wife was his cousin, They were going to marry Sansa to Robin, who is her cousin.

I don't know about Romance... but a Marriage of convenience maybe. 
If there are any arguments about who should rule the north their marriage would hopefully make the claim stronger. 
And while they are still cousins--- and I don't really approve incest... considering Sansa's prospects- at least Jon would be kind to her and value her for more than her claim to power and her ability to make babies. 

As for their relationship I always think of this quote by Jon: 

He missed the girls too, even Sansa, who never called him anything but "my half brother" since she was old enough to understand what bastard meant. And Arya …

If you remember Arya herself gets really mad at Ned Dayne when he talked about Eddard and Ashara... probably for the same reason... she didn't want to think of her dad with someone other than her mom. Sansa's attitude towards Jon was wrong- but she probably felt really awkward about the whole thing... on top of that her mother also probably hated him. 

And in reality.... Sansa acts like she hates almost everyone xD
She's just a moody pre-teen... I don't think we can hold that against her forever or have that time of her life be the defining attitude of all her relationships. 

In the show anyways--- Her and Jon ending up together seems much more plausible than her and the Hound (which everyone seems to love xD)

Personally it was always my hope that Sansa would realize Tyrions' inner beauty and they would live happily every after... and that certainly is never going to happen. 

At this point Moonboy would be a better match than another Ramsay... so Jon will do... brother or not. 

3 hours ago, fightwookies said:

Cousin marriages have been accepted throughout westeros. They would also make an effective team if they trusted each other. Jon is the noble guy willing and able to do the dirty work. Sansa is smart enough to spot deception and play the game. Both characters have flaws, and they would cover some of each other's.

So because Sansa knew Ramsey for a few weeks, she's smart enough to spot deception and play the game???  I think not. She's never been smart or outmaneuvered anyone but Jon I guess...  Maybe given more time this could happen but Sansa has been a pawn to everyone she's encountered. At least Jon was able to infiltrate the wildlings. Come up with the raid on Crasters to search for Bran. Lead the defense of the wall. Seek and bring into the realm the wildlings from Hardhome. Execute Slynt to solidify his command. Despite all of this the show runners have chosen to dumb Jon down since all of that. They made it Sam's idea to go become a Maester when it was Jon who came up with the idea to save Sam, Aemon, & Mance's baby from being burned in the books.  They made him passionless when rallying the North and the wildlings.  Yet his speech in the books was legendary. Then made him reckless in the battle and Ramsey and Sansa the smart ones. Now everyone on here and other sites are saying how dumb Jon is/was and how smart Sansa is...  It just makes no sense if these are the same characters we've been following for the last 6 years.  I truly hope they are going somewhere with this plot, as in Sansa becoming power hungry and next season we have Sansa as LSH or her scheming for power. It'll be nice to have some of the political intrigue from KL in the North before the walkers come. If this plot was all just a bone thrown to Sansa fans for her rape last year  and it's gonna be brushed under the rug next week, I think it was all bullshit. If so, they could have had her tell Jon of the Vale army and had Jon knowingly push the battle to get Ramsey to commit his cavalry & infantry like he did, then have Sansa swoop in for the finish. This way they both look smart and United. That would have been a great opportunity to get more fans to like Sansa but the way they've played it, she's still got her core fans but the majority are still turned off by her character. 

Archived