J+S=strange Stark babies

On 6/24/2016 at 8:36 PM, Smoke317 said:

So because Sansa knew Ramsey for a few weeks, she's smart enough to spot deception and play the game???  I think not. She's never been smart or outmaneuvered anyone but Jon I guess...  Maybe given more time this could happen but Sansa has been a pawn to everyone she's encountered. At least Jon was able to infiltrate the wildlings. Come up with the raid on Crasters to search for Bran. Lead the defense of the wall. Seek and bring into the realm the wildlings from Hardhome. Execute Slynt to solidify his command. Despite all of this the show runners have chosen to dumb Jon down since all of that. They made it Sam's idea to go become a Maester when it was Jon who came up with the idea to save Sam, Aemon, & Mance's baby from being burned in the books.  They made him passionless when rallying the North and the wildlings.  Yet his speech in the books was legendary. Then made him reckless in the battle and Ramsey and Sansa the smart ones. Now everyone on here and other sites are saying how dumb Jon is/was and how smart Sansa is...  It just makes no sense if these are the same characters we've been following for the last 6 years.  I truly hope they are going somewhere with this plot, as in Sansa becoming power hungry and next season we have Sansa as LSH or her scheming for power. It'll be nice to have some of the political intrigue from KL in the North before the walkers come. If this plot was all just a bone thrown to Sansa fans for her rape last year  and it's gonna be brushed under the rug next week, I think it was all bullshit. If so, they could have had her tell Jon of the Vale army and had Jon knowingly push the battle to get Ramsey to commit his cavalry & infantry like he did, then have Sansa swoop in for the finish. This way they both look smart and United. That would have been a great opportunity to get more fans to like Sansa but the way they've played it, she's still got her core fans but the majority are still turned off by her character. 

I completely agree with you on this. Of course Sansa should have told Jon about the Knights of the Vale from the get go. Going to the other Houses and able to claim that kind of support was already with you would have made those meetings with the northern lords more productive. As for his speeches, I think the one he gave in Hardhome to the wildlings was the most epic in the series.

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 5:34 PM, boodofmyblood said:

No, there's been zero vibe IMO. If I hadn't read it online I wouldn't have believed some people thought that. 

There definitely has been and, judging by all the shipping YouTube videos which have popped up, others have picked up on it, too. And I don't believe that's coincidental. The showrunners have been giving us small cues here and there to have the audience connect them that way, whether it's creating parallels between Jon/Sansa and Ned/Catelyn, to Sansa wrapping Jon in her cloak (The Westerosi marriage ceremony is the man wrapping the woman in his cloak), and so on. Not to mention that the reveal that Jon isn't really her half-brother will likely come very shortly after her reunion with him, when she's first really getting to know him as a person, rather than only taking notice of him as the bastard who wandered the halls of Winterfell but with whom she never had interactions with unless she absolutely had to.

And then there's Sophie Turner's insistence that there'll be conflict and wanting to see Littlefinger sit on the Iron Throne, along with D&D also claiming there'll be conflict. How often do they go out of their way to spoil their own plotlines? That they do so suggests not that that's the plotline they intend to follow, but that they're trying to hide the real plotline, which I think matches up with the Ghost of High Heart's prophecy of a maiden who we know to be Sansa slaying a savage giant in a castle made of snow. If the theories are correct, then the "giant" is Littlefinger. In which case that's a plotline that D&D would DEFINITELY want to keep secret by suggesting that Sansa will team up with Littlefinger to work against Jon, as that's the exact opposite of "...and Sansa will kill Littlefinger next season."

Whatever the case, I can't wait for the next season.

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 3:15 PM, Slaysman said:

I completely agree with you on this. Of course Sansa should have told Jon about the Knights of the Vale from the get go. Going to the other Houses and able to claim that kind of support was already with you would have made those meetings with the northern lords more productive. As for his speeches, I think the one he gave in Hardhome to the wildlings was the most epic in the series.

I think the reason for this was because Sansa wanted to win the battle without being beholden to Littlefinger. Going to him for help means that she now owes him a huge debt which he'll undoubtedly plan to collect on. That she chose to go to Littlefinger for a last minute Hail Mary pass isn't a betrayal, but an example of her trying to do everything she could to save Jon and the cause, even if it meant putting herself into a position of weakness with Littlefinger. A position which she absolutely did not want to be in, but chose to put herself in for Jon's sake.

Archived