Is there a military solution to the WW doom?

1 minute ago, Jedi Renee said:

I can't see that this confirms their numbers. We don't no how many babies they took from crastor but it was surely more than 1

I didn't mean to imply that I thought it did so. I was only hazarding a guess as to where folks were pulling that number out of.

Dragons, and dragon glass for the armies

Though, it probably won't come to that. Quite sure that most of danys army will fall to the white walkers while a few select heroes will turn the tide by killing or defeating he WW somehow

Bran should learn to break the Night King's connection to the dead army - after that, give some VS weapons to the best swordsmen, make dragonglass arrowheads, and there you go.

I wonder, if there is a way to remove the dragonglass from the Night King's heart. That would also do the trick.

I guess there are more WWs. How many sons did Craster have? Wasn't it like a 100? They are all turned now (except for Gilly's son).

I also wonder, if the NK dies, will his magic cease to exist? Will the rest of the Walkers just turn back into humans?

On 6/30/2016 at 3:34 AM, Jedi Renee said:

Only 13? Do u have source for that?

Yes but I wonder if it's difficult to transport 

other than the episode when we first see the Knights King with Crasters son i dont have any source. just going off of that

On 7/3/2016 at 3:37 AM, Arya Targaryen said:

I wonder, if there is a way to remove the dragonglass from the Night King's heart. That would also do the trick.

Indeed it would. If it were literally or figuratively removed.

On 7/3/2016 at 3:37 AM, Arya Targaryen said:

I guess there are more WWs. How many sons did Craster have? Wasn't it like a 100? They are all turned now (except for Gilly's son).

I guess there is more too.  AND, we cannot be certain Craster was the only human with such a baby arrangement, can we?

There could be many, many more WW.

On 6/24/2016 at 9:04 AM, Garse Ironjade Janacek said:

How does mankind begin the negotiations with the Night's King to find a peace both sides can live with?  Surely the CotF are able to communicate with the WW.  It is entirely possible that the CotF are still using the WW as a way to kill/defeat humanity, but even if they are not, humans will survive the WW most effectively by bridging the cultural gap that exists between the two cultures. 

Craster found a way.. 

I think given what we know about the white walkers, they are abominations, creatures who shouldn't exist. The cotf created them. I think they do need to be destroyed, and I think dragons are the best bet.

There is a pacifist theme, but I don't think its about the white walkers, it's about all the people in the world who are constantly fighting and warring over something that won't matter in the end.. they will have to forget about their petty wars and come together to fight the real threat. 

This is purely my opinion.

On 7/2/2016 at 8:15 AM, ceerup said:

those dragons arent gonna last long enough to kill how many wights? gotta be 100s of thousands by now, can the dragons  last in the cold

I know George said the ice dragon was written before asoiaf ever existed, but in that story dragons do not like cold, they can't stand it. It makes them weak. I'm assuming the same is true for asoiaf. That is interesting to think about.. 

On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 4:18 PM, brightflame princess said:

Craster found a way.. 

I think given what we know about the white walkers, they are abominations, creatures who shouldn't exist. The cotf created them. I think they do need to be destroyed, and I think dragons are the best bet.

There is a pacifist theme, but I don't think its about the white walkers, it's about all the people in the world who are constantly fighting and warring over something that won't matter in the end.. they will have to forget about their petty wars and come together to fight the real threat. 

This is purely my opinion.

The Walkers being created by the Children also means that there can be moral complexity to there story without the Walkers themselves being complex. There the legacy of a previous conflict and potentially resolving that conflict could be part of the fashion in which there defeated.

3 hours ago, MoreOrLess said:

The Walkers being created by the Children also means that there can be moral complexity to there story without the Walkers themselves being complex. There the legacy of a previous conflict and potentially resolving that conflict could be part of the fashion in which there defeated.

Right, like the cotf created them to fight the men, so if the men and the cotf resolve their conflict, the white walkers are no longer needed, and can be destroyed.

Thanks for that insight.

On 7/13/2016 at 4:36 PM, MoreOrLess said:

Perhaps this is true...but, even still, shouldn't this moral complexity apply to the CotF if not to the WW?  We know little of how they came to be.

I think that the entire book series has shown me four major points so far, in order of importance as I read them.

1) War is Bad

2) Feudalism/Monarchy is a terrible way to govern

3) Religeon is generally a ruse use to manipulate people

4) Sexism = Bad, Feminism = Good

SO, if we accept item 1, and that is the most clear major point in the novels to me, then do we think Martin's masterpiece and most famous work will end with the good guys burning up the bad guys with Dragons and armies led by another Monarch to rule Westeros?  

I just don't see Martin choosing that method of resolving the most important conflict and ending the seven books.  I will have to read that to believe GRRM would choose write that ending.  Consider this quote of his:

"As Faulkner says, all of us have the capacity in us for great good and for great evil, for love but also for hate. I wanted to write those kinds of complex character in a fantasy, and not just have all the good people get together to fight the bad guy."         -GRRM

SO perhaps instead, a negotiated peace, with rule by something other than feudal succession of a monarch governing mankind at the end of these stories?  Any giant battle to decide mankind's fate placing a monarch over Westeros would completely abandon the lessons/message of the story I have seen thus far. 

Archived