The Drunk Thread: Just Look at the Flowers

A True Kaniggit

16 hours ago, Ded As Ned said:

I've hardly had more than a drink or two over the past couple weeks, so I reckon my tolerance will be nice and low for tonight... at which point all that will be remedied. I've got all my leftover fireworks from the 4th of July ready to annoy the neighborhood come midnight!  See ya'll this evening

RIght? I thought the same thing. I hadn't had a drink since the 12th. Tolerance seems the same though.

Anyhow. Happy 2018 humans! And any advanced civilization who is monitoring  Earth's information output. But this is a drunk thread in a forum for a fantasy series. And I highly doubt you're being paid to read this shit. So I'm assuming this is your version of watching YouTube clips while at work. Go back to doing your job you lazy bastards.

• 2 weeks later...

Was gonna post in a different thread. But after typing out a long, well thought out, intelligent post I was like, "Hell NOS!, You're waaaay to blasted right now. Don't do anything too idiotic. Go post in the drunk thread where you belong right now". 

And then I followed my own advice.

Thank you God Drunk Thread for not being judgmental and absorbing my way worst posts.

Edit: And suddenly I'm super hungry. WHAT SHOULD I EAT??????!!!!!!

On 1/21/2018 at 4:20 AM, A True Kaniggit said:

Was gonna post in a different thread. But after typing out a long, well thought out, intelligent post I was like, "Hell NOS!, You're waaaay to blasted right now. Don't do anything too idiotic. Go post in the drunk thread where you belong right now". 

And then I followed my own advice.

Thank you God Drunk Thread for not being judgmental and absorbing my way worst posts.

Edit: And suddenly I'm super hungry. WHAT SHOULD I EAT??????!!!!!!

Nice work!  Except... inquiring minds still want to read your post here!

17 hours ago, Ded As Ned said:

Nice work!  Except... inquiring minds still want to read your post here!

Woe and Grief! For it falls to be to inform the world that The Post is forever gone. Snuffed out in its infancy through the machinations of the merciless Delete God. 

Erased for all eternity. 

It is only after, that I now comprehend the true extent of my folly. That The Post came not from me. But from a Greater Power working though me. The Post was The Answer. The Post Ended War. The Post Cured Pestilence. The Post Fed All.

The Post was a gift from the Create God.

But in my arrogance I allowed myself to believe that The Post could somehow have come from my own mind. That I had in fact actually typed up The Post using my own knowledge, using my own experiences, using my own understanding of life. My hubris has never been matched, nor ever shall be matched again. And because I believed The Post was mine own, it followed that The Post had to be faulty since I was blasted during the time The Post was typed up. Not wanting to submit a faulty post, I hit the delete button. A being of greater willpower than I would've resisted this impulse from the Delete God. But I fell short.

Though I yearn to resurrect The Post, any attempt would result only in a pale imitation. A sad echo of what could have been. Should have been. The effort would only thicken the cracks in our already frail reality.

It was The Post That Was Promised. I was the Instrument of The Post's Creation. I was the Instrument of The Post's Destruction. And I have failed us all. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Feeling like death warmed up and realising I'm aging after this monster hangover today. 

I drank 7 pints of cider and then basically got 2 hours sleep, turned up to work (only a 3.5 hour shift) and then proceeded to be sick 3 times. This is why I NEVER drink before work usually and will serve as a reminder to never do it again LMAO. It's 6.30pm and I'm still feeling like utter trash. When I was 19 I could do this all the bloody time. 

Ugh. I'm really wanting to listen to a particular song, but I can't think of it. I can't remember it's title, I can't remember it's lyrics, and I can't remember it's tune. But I know the song exists. The knowledge is in my head, but I can't pull out the particular data. Dang this is frustrating. 

4 hours ago, aceluby said:

Got myself some 4 roses single malt bourbon last night and hoooeey, is that stuff good.  Not as good as the 14 year old Glenlivet I got for valentines day, but still tasty nonetheless.

How much better is that than the regular Four Roses? 

Blasted.

Anyone else finally reach the point in their life where when they read or watch Wodehouse they have specific people from their own love [meant to type life but that works too]  that match up to Bertie Wooster's friends and romantic interests?  I swear I hang out with Stiffy Bing, Boko Little, Honoria Glossop, and Madeline Bassett way too often for my mental and emotional well-being.  And also Bertie's foes, my boss is basically Pop Bassett mixed with Aunt Agatha and then Spode is my manager that I have dirt on.  

And you may find yourself 
Behind the wheel of a large automobile
And you may find yourself in a beautiful house
With a beautiful wife
And you may ask yourself, well
How did I get here?

ETA: as a thread qualifier I'm wasted on makers mark, weed , and founders azacca ipa

6 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

as a thread qualifier I'm wasted on makers mark, weed , and founders azacca ipa

S'all good.  I have to, need to, write.  Got my data for 2/3 of papers for my dissertation.  Other than some annoyances with the second, it's literally just sitting there.  Do I write it?  No, I come here and drink.  Fellowship's a hell of a drug.  But let's look deeper down, eh?  I know if I don't execute on these papers, that's it.  There's my career, there's the glowing recommendation from my chair as opposed to "hey yeah this guy can teach at your two-bit school."  So I'm scared, and a coward, and drink instead.  That's right, I'm bringing this thread down.

31 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

S'all good.  I have to, need to, write.  Got my data for 2/3 of papers for my dissertation.  Other than some annoyances with the second, it's literally just sitting there.  Do I write it?  No, I come here and drink.  Fellowship's a hell of a drug.  But let's look deeper down, eh?  I know if I don't execute on these papers, that's it.  There's my career, there's the glowing recommendation from my chair as opposed to "hey yeah this guy can teach at your two-bit school."  So I'm scared, and a coward, and drink instead.  That's right, I'm bringing this thread down.

Drinking anything good at least?

Edit: And I was expecting The Sound of Silence (that being the only Simon & Garfunkel I know). Still a fun song though.

12 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Drinking anything good at least?

Edit: And I was expecting The Sound of Silence (that being the only Simon & Garfunkel I know). Still a fun song though.

Rail whiskey.  It's Banker's Club up here in Pittsburgh.  Ironically the cheapest whiskey (technically bourbon I guess) in Florida is Philadelphia something.  And the cheapest back when I was in DC was Kentucky Gentleman.

I originally had "I Am Rock," thought that was too depressing.  Sound of Silence is a pretty good middle ground.

ETA:  Anyway, I'll shut up now promise, just venting.  Totally white people problems.

5 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Rail whiskey.  It's Banker's Club up here in Pittsburgh.  Ironically the cheapest whiskey (technically bourbon I guess) in Florida is Philadelphia something.  And the cheapest back when I was in DC was Kentucky Gentleman.

I originally had "I Am Rock," thought that was too depressing.  Sound of Silence is a pretty good middle ground.

Still whiskey though. I like it.

Myself? Got a bottle of Jack here. Gonna drink an early shot to the eventual completion of your dissertation!

Archived