The Drunk Thread: Just Look at the Flowers

A True Kaniggit

I am very grateful that they said nothing about hungover, but I left a job that paid TWICE what I am currently paid because they made me sit in a chair when I was not doing work.  Also, no matter what I wore it was the wrong thing.

The teaching industry is also home of the hot flash.  Better women than I are going to fight that sweaty thing.

Edit:  Oh, and the dudes are pissed about that too, no more lunch run unless they bring a change of clothes.  Ridiculous, all my 1:00 instructors always showed up looking like a wet week from raquetball.  They smelled YUMMY.

Wait, am I in the bitching thread or the drunk thread....

This beer is NOT WORKING!   PBR, you are FAILING THIS NIGHT!

Mood Enhancement:  F

Taste:  D

Fart factor:  C+

Price: A+

Overall Assessment:  This is a beer that requires a companion to help you shotgun several cans of it if you are trying to get drunk. It is otherwise best drunk while mowing the lawn or after some other dehydrating activity.  Nearly unpalatable at room temperature.

Well that was weird... I couldn't type anything outside the quote box.  Anyways, has this sadistic human being ever lived south of the Mason-Dixon line?  No sweating?  Even up here in the near south you can't stand outside for 5 minutes right now without becoming drenched.  I don't see that one standing.  And what's wrong with yoga pants?

Some very dear friends of mine are going through a rough patch, and frankly, it is tearing this little community apart. Lines are being drawn in the sand, friends are turning on friends, and I don't even know what to do anymore. 

And all over some crummy copy of About Schmidt on DVD :(

Some very dear friends of mine are going through a rough patch, and frankly, it is tearing this little community apart. Lines are being drawn in the sand, friends are turning on friends, and I don't even know what to do anymore. 

And all over some crummy copy of About Schmidt on DVD :(

This persecution of the sweatily inclined must be stopped! Especially with the on and off rain of the past few days. Stupid Louisianian weather. 

And group friend fights suck. Went through one of those a few months back when someone decided to cheat on their spouse for 6 months straight. Sides were taken and friendships ended. Really hope your situation doesn't get that bad. 

When my ex-wife and I divorced it was kinda the same... ALL of our friends were mutual, and well her basically cheating and leaving me for another dude caused much drama amongst the friendom.  So basically a faction of that group came with me and don't much associate with her anymore, another faction went the other way, and the biggest faction are still friends with both of us.  Took about a year for that to all shake itself out. 

On a drunken note, last weekend I was working out my finances for the week (while doing shots) with paper and pen, and did some VERY bad math on how much money I'd have leftover after bills and kid expenses for the week.  I've been stressing out all week and pinching pennies... come this weekend I was like, "Why do I have $200 leftover in my bill-paying account?" .  Checked the account transactions, and yes everything had gotten paid and cleared... then went back and looked at my drunk budget sheet and had done some really bad math, in my favor lol.  Big relief!  

I ran into a colleague today wearing a "shirt".  You know, a cheap polo style with the college monogrammed on the front.  He is an adjunct, was told to buy 5.

Welcome to (box college) please have dreams above blue collar work, but not really. Your teacher wears a blue collar.  I

This week's Friday buzz has resulted in the once a season I'm-Tired-And-Pissed-At-Everything-In-The-World mood. Found out earlier I have unexpected obligations all weekend when I was looking forward to finally getting some rest... fuckit I'm going to bed.

• 2 weeks later...

OMG taxes.  OMG students.  OMG WHY ISN"T THERE MORE WHISKEY IN THIS HOUSE???????????

Got home at 10:30pm.  At work today at 9am.  ALL MY STUDENTS STILL FUCKING COMPLAINED.

Need to refax documents to the department of state revenue tomorrow because they needed me to enclose a letter with their   documents.  A letter they didn't mention when they told me I needed to send more documents.  

Bout to mail some cat poo.

With my limited cash reserve, I have chosen beer over dinner tonight.  I feel this was very wise.  Can't manage mailing poo with a hangover.  Could totally do that fed, sober and ANGRY.  You're welcome State Collections.  I'm doing this for you.

7 hours ago, Lily Valley said:

OMG taxes.  OMG students.  OMG WHY ISN"T THERE MORE WHISKEY IN THIS HOUSE???????????

Got home at 10:30pm.  At work today at 9am.  ALL MY STUDENTS STILL FUCKING COMPLAINED.

Need to refax documents to the department of state revenue tomorrow because they needed me to enclose a letter with their   documents.  A letter they didn't mention when they told me I needed to send more documents.  

Bout to mail some cat poo.

With my limited cash reserve, I have chosen beer over dinner tonight.  I feel this was very wise.  Can't manage mailing poo with a hangover.  Could totally do that fed, sober and ANGRY.  You're welcome State Collections.  I'm doing this for you.

Way to do your civic duty in lieu of your civic doodie.  

On August 29, 2016 at 11:19 PM, Lily Valley said:

1) OMG WHY ISN"T THERE MORE WHISKEY IN THIS HOUSE???????????

2) With my limited cash reserve, I have chosen beer over dinner tonight.  I feel this was very wise.  Can't manage mailing poo with a hangover.  Could totally do that fed, sober and ANGRY.  You're welcome State Collections.  I'm doing this for you.

1) I had that problem a few days ago. The answer? That line was waaaay to long. The line today was much more agreeable. 

2) If you talk to state LA collections again, can you tell them I'm leaving them? Say it's not them, it's me (It's them). I'd tell them myself next year when I do my taxes, but I'm not sure what the best way is to break up with a state. Mail them poo maybe?

Archived