The Drunk Thread: Just Look at the Flowers

A True Kaniggit

7 hours ago, S John said:

Gin tastes like pine needles to me.  I like several gin based cocktails but (IMO) it’s fucking terrible by itself.

If you drink gin neat I think you have to do it by the pint like a proper 18th century alcoholic.

I don't think I've ever drank Baileys outside of Irish Car Bombs, but it's always seemed like a tasty drink.  Just not worthwhile due to the low alcohol content.  Like Kahlua except middle aged women aren't obsessed over it.

Added two new Scotches to my whisky collection: Glenfiddich 21 Reserva Rum Cask Finish and Ardbeg's Uigeadail release.

The Glenfiddich was truly a delight. The Ardbeg may not be to everyone's taste, but I really enjoy the smoke (puts Laphroaig to shame), the oily mouth feel and the surprising smoothness for the 54% ABV.

On 2/16/2019 at 5:49 AM, DMC said:

I don't think I've ever drank Baileys outside of Irish Car Bombs, but it's always seemed like a tasty drink.  Just not worthwhile due to the low alcohol content.  Like Kahlua except middle aged women aren't obsessed over it.

Shit, I just realized how long it's been since I had an Irish Car Bomb. Might have to pick me up some Guinness and Baileys after work.

8 hours ago, DMC said:

Ah.  Well that's significantly less interesting.

Bite thy tongue ser...I've yet to find a rum I've liked well enough to drink chilled or just with a couple drops of cold water. I'm not sure such a rum even exists, which means it's just a liquor meant for mixing and is, as I've demonstrated through my rigorous logic, inherently inferior to even a middling whisky.

1 minute ago, The Great Unwashed said:

Bite thy tongue ser...I've yet to find a rum I've liked well enough to drink chilled or just with a couple drops of cold water. I'm not sure such a rum even exists, which means it's just a liquor meant for mixing and is, as I've demonstrated through my rigorous logic, inherently inferior to even a middling whisky.

Huzzah!

12 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

I've yet to find a rum I've liked well enough to drink chilled or just with a couple drops of cold water.

Zaya.  There's others but I'm not really into rum.  My brother is though.

9 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

You're not? Then there goes my theory that you are a pirate.

I mean,  your avatar's a skull. If you loved rum as well, then it would've been case closed.

I think I'd make an excellent pirate, thanks.

Also, another rum I thought of that I like is kraken.  I don't know the technical name but just google kraken rum.  A bar owner I used to know loved it.  But then he got shot in the head by John Mcafee.  True story.

ETA:  Also, the avatar is in appreciation of the Grateful Dead, who I guess are kind of piraty in a way, but also distinctly not in others.

Archived