The Drunk Thread: Just Look at the Flowers

A True Kaniggit

Fuckit, what a night.  Every great once in awhile, the fates of the universe conspire against you just to see what you're made of.  I would rant about the details, but work beckons in 5 short hours and let's just say.... I prevailed, dammit! :cheers:

19 hours ago, Ded As Ned said:

.... I prevailed, dammit! :cheers:

Did you yell out "Victory!!!" once you prevailed? After prevailing you're supposed to yell out "Victory!!!" or some other phrase along those lines. If you didn't then the prevailation doesn't count. 

18 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Did you yell out "Victory!!!" once you prevailed? After prevailing you're supposed to yell out "Victory!!!" or some other phrase along those lines. If you didn't then the prevailation doesn't count. 

Actually it was "VICTORY IS MINE!" :) 

last night our flight from ottawa to dc was cancelled due to weather.  cool.  we can work with that. 

this morning we flew from ottawa to toronto. seems our actually aircraft is missing.  we are now drinking a whole bottle is wine,  eating pizza and watching soap operas whole we wait the two hours for our aircraft to make it's appearance. 

20 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

For Christmas I got a Star Wars themed shot glass set. I'm kinda obligated to drink from each at least once the first time I use it, right? Anything else would be disrespectful, right?

As long as it's in middle of the theater, sure!

In the space of 2 hours I've gotten calls from Michigan, Wyoming, and Pennsylvania area codes. I smell a conspiracy. And though I suppose I could just answer and find out what the hell is going on, I think the bes thing to do is just ignore it until the problem goes away. You know, like most medical issues.

Edit: As an aside, I want to point out that drunk cleaning is the most enjoyable cleaning. Even though said cleaning tends to take longer. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Ded As Ned said:

Too many Red Stripes.  Liquor drinkers often think they can drink beers like water, because of the discrepancy in proof.  They are often wrong. 

And then he had it,  the secret of bottle: Sometimes even the most meager proof is enough for indomitable conviction, unconquerable belief 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/28/2017 at 9:28 PM, Ded As Ned said:

Too many Red Stripes.  Liquor drinkers often think they can drink beers like water, because of the discrepancy in proof.  They are often wrong

A fact of life I've long since taken to heart. Not just beer, but ciders as well. 

So if you're a night owl, can it really be classified as day drinking? Because for me it's pretty much 8:30 pm right now. 

Last month I visited my brother who now lives in another part of Indonesia. He had a friend who is my Dad's age that made home made vodka. He had everything from the equipment to the bar in his front yard. My brothers, one of my sisters-in-law and I all got hammered on both his alcohol and store bought alcohol. The guy is something of a drunk asshole but at least he is nice enough to share his booze with us. At first we drank and did nothing of note, but then we all started talking openly about our sex lives!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived